• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New (I think) Pit Tech/Ledge Mixup I Just Discovered

Scizor44

Smash Rookie
When you're on the ledge, you can let go and glide back onto the ledge. If you wait a moment after you drop from the ledge to side B, you can start gliding into the wall. from there, you can jump or wait a second and then jump to get back onto the stage. An opponent will often not suspect it and you can fair him and then grab or dtilt and combo if he's at low enough %. I've tested this quite a bit on netplay against good players and I think that it's a good tactic if you don't use it too much. Also, when you're gliding you can wait for a while and then jump to just grab the ledge again.

Basically:
Grab ledge -> Drop from ledge -> Side B -> Stall or Jump -> Fair -> Grab or Dtilt -> Combo

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Generally the problem with glide is that the risk of getting hit out of it nearly always outweighs its uses as anything except a long distance recovery move.

Scizor44

Smash Rookie
I see what you guys are saying, but this is more for when your opponent is giving you more respect at the ledge. The momentum of the glide can take you quite far onto the stage after the jump. I understand that it is risky so I guess this is a move is best used against characters that don't have high range attacks, ones that fair can outrange. Also, it's mainly used as a mixup, so your opponent doesn't catch on.

Neos

Smash Cadet
I did this before. It is definitely a good mix-up, but I do agree that it is a bit risky to do since you could get hit out of side-b. Its best to do it when your opponent least expects it. Also maybe it should be done once a game imo.

Scizor44

Smash Rookie
I did this before. It is definitely a good mix-up, but I do agree that it is a bit risky to do since you could get hit out of side-b. Its best to do it when your opponent least expects it. Also maybe it should be done once a game imo.
Yes, exactly! Once or twice a game is the most it should be used for sure.

Top Bottom