• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Hack online?

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
Im not really sure whats going on
but i just played a fox with absolutely no end lag on any of his moves
i play fox sometimes, i know his end lag and it is way off
not sure whats going on, does anyone know anything about this?

mourir

Smash Rookie
That'd be a very strange, precise, difficult hack to...hack. IDK, I haven't seen or heard anything about this. Might just be something with the connection lag, who knows. But I doubt it was someone hacking, honestly.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
its not a hack. Its called auto canceling.

A lot of characters have this.

Pretty much all Fox's aerials have auto cancels from a short hop. You probably just played someone who knew what they were doing.

Spirst

I'm assuming you have no replay of this? Would be extremely helpful.

Never seen this myself nor have I ever heard of any other reports of this.

Edit: Yeah, auto-cancelling is a thing if you're just referring to aerials. If you mean stuff like smashes as well, then...

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
its not a hack. Its called auto canceling.

A lot of characters have this.

Pretty much all Fox's aerials have auto cancels from a short hop. You probably just played someone who knew what they were doing.
If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that auto-cancelling doesn't apply to every single move which seems to be what the OP encountered.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
No video evidence means we can only speculate what happened and why. So much for this.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Warning Received
If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that auto-cancelling doesn't apply to every single move which seems to be what the OP encountered.
I knew that. It just sounds like thats what hes talking about.

There is no hack for every move cancels. There wasn't any hack for that in any other smash game. Which is why I think he was facing someone who knew how to auto cancel his aerials.

Jack ass

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
OP: Examples or replay please... help with the actual discussion...

IE: No lag on shine? Upsmash? Illusion?

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
he would side smash and then before the animation was over he would up smash
this happened quite a lot before i quit the match

R0Y

Smash Master
Warning Received
I knew that. It just sounds like thats what hes talking about.

There is no hack for every move cancels. There wasn't any hack for that in any other smash game. Which is why I think he was facing someone who knew how to auto cancel his aerials.

Jack ***
Grow up, son.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
he would side smash and then before the animation was over he would up smash
this happened quite a lot before i quit the match
Cancelled ground smashes? Wow, never heard of that. I know you can go from a dash to an upsmash, but I don't know of any way to go from side smash to up smash.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
That just sounds like IASA frames, honestly. Moreso then any other game in the series, you're able to cancel many moves well before it looks like you'd be able to.

It's especially bad in the case of the AI, as they usually wait until you try to hit them to actually do anything, meaning that trying to hit them when they appear to be vulnerable can frequently result in you getting punished.

D

Deleted member 245254

Long story short, you faught a player that has put some lab work in to Fox, and as a result, you felt overwhelmed and the player was apt enough with the character that he made Fox appear "fast" and without vulnerabilities.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'd love to see a side smash cancel into an up smash with Fox. That'd be kinda nuts if it were true. I'm inclined to believe that you're just exaggerating a bit, though. No offense.

Top Bottom