• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New guy questions

cjugs

Smash Ace
Im starting to hit more and more l cancels but the problem is once i hit someone with a fair make the l cancel i have almost no idea what to do after that jab? grab up b and when i land a successfull bair all i can think to do up smash any comments on follow ups after Aerials and whats one of the best things u can land to start a good combo? and combos that end with gimps? and also cannot land the double bair followed by the nair that i c germ land all the time.
and how good it bomg to grab? if the bomb hits a shield is it a good idea to grab them while theyre in the stun? I would be thankul for comments asap

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
after the fair/jab, so many factor effect what you do next. If they still standing right there in your face and at a low percent, grab them. Dont upb unless the at 140%+ and you 100% sure it'll land. If after your fair/jab they are just standing there taking the abuse, do it again. Or jump into them with a nair or waveslide back and hit them with a single fsmash followed up with a rang. Simply, if you get on the offense with the fair then go at them and dont give them room to adjust. A lot of times when I go at people with it, they get so harassed by it that the just shield. And when they do that, fair, jab, jab and a dsmash will usually shield stab them.

Germs double bair fair, you full jump one bair, use your second jump do bair again and the hang time gives you enough time to fair

Bombs to grab is ok, I try to reframe from grabbing as much as possible (because of how valnurable it leaves you and trust me they make me pay if I miss) so often if they shield my bomb and I'm up close I'll jump, grab the bomb and throw it back down at them again. We in a recession, dont waste bomb

And the only gimps I really can pull off in matches is link's upb semi-spike near the edge. And when their not paying attention, I can often times dthrown into a bair-nair gimp

MeHo

Smash Cadet
If they do nothing, jab cancel till you can shield stab them with a down smash. If they roll or wavedash back after the f-air you could throw a rang or retreat and pull out a bomb. If they they roll behind you or spotdodge you could f-smash/f-air(If they spotdodge). And full jump n-air if they try to jump out of their shield. And if they crouch cancel/ drop their shield to crouch cancel you could f-smash if you space properly and know its going to hit.

Top Bottom