• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New guy in Georgia

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
I just recently moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Warner Robins, Georgia. Only been here a week. Just thought I should start getting myself out on the boards and get myself known.

Ignore my Smash Boards user name, its not what I'm going to go by. I will be enter any tournament as Red instead of Cobrot.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Dogysamich lives in Warner Robins and is the best Doc in the states.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
If you want to play melee, hell yeah, you're rockin in my books. If you wanna play brawl, im not 'bout that much, but there is a whole entire crew of people who go to Northside High School that play brawl.

I will break the news to you now; no big tourneys happen in or around Central GA. The heart of the Smash Community GA's entire gaming community is in ATL, with large representation in Columbus, and a decent number in Albany, Augusta, and Savannah (South GA is a joke. Sorry Tom. SEGA WILL LIVE ON).

If you want to go to any worthwhile tourney, you're going to have to be willing to drive (or ride, depending on what you play) 2 hours. If you're looking for alot of people to play, you're gunna have to drive atleast 1½ hours (unless you want brawl, but i dunno if the warner robins people have actually gotten good at the game yet. That wasnt the case at their last tourney except for one guy)

So yeah, hit me up in a PM or on AIM, I love aim, we can talk some.

**edit**

I kinda forgot to mention this cause I've given up hope on Central GA ever being worth a ****.

If you play GGAC or SC4, I play those too. There's another guy in town who's big into SC4 (Shin Reiatsu). I'll play almost any fighting game you throw in front of me, especially if I actually had it (just played SF4 for the first time today).

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
PB&J - Where and what is gwinnett

DogySamich - I can play Melee but I suck at it, I didn't even know about Wavedashing and L-canceling until about 2 weeks before the game came out. Didn't even know Fox was really that amazing in Melee, guess I'll go back to Roy. But when I can find time, and/or a car, I'll definately play some Melee or Brawl with you.

I'll play any fighting game, I'll suck at most of them. I don't care though as long as I'm having fun and learning how to play another good game that I can show my room mate.

And I'm guessing GGAC has something to do with Guilty Gear?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah. GGAC is off the chain. I myself have Melee, Brawl, Soul Calibur 4, Guilty Gear Accent Core, King of Fighters XI (Never played it though, lol), Capcom vs SNK2, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Street Fighter Anniversary collection, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, and the dreaded Marvel vs Capcom 2 (GUAH! :(). I also have a few more nonsense games for one reason or another (Rival Schools, which is actually legit, and then Ehrgeiz)

I've been wanting to pick up Alpha 3 forever, because Cody is one of the most gangsta characters forever, but I'm inheritly bad with custom combo groove (read: i've never practiced it)

_

How old are you man, just curious?

__

*Edit* I just caught something off topic.

Tom stop that nonsense, or i'ma have to GRAMMA CRUSH you like I do alpha when he starts spttin that nonsense. I'm liable to get shot if that starts gettin taken seriously.

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
Yeah. GGAC is off the chain. I myself have Melee, Brawl, Soul Calibur 4, Guilty Gear Accent Core, King of Fighters XI (Never played it though, lol), Capcom vs SNK2, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Street Fighter Anniversary collection, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, and the dreaded Marvel vs Capcom 2 (GUAH! :(). I also have a few more nonsense games for one reason or another (Rival Schools, which is actually legit, and then Ehrgeiz)

I've been wanting to pick up Alpha 3 forever, because Cody is one of the most gangsta characters forever, but I'm inheritly bad with custom combo groove (read: i've never practiced it)

_

How old are you man, just curious?

__

*Edit* I just caught something off topic.

Tom stop that nonsense, or i'ma have to GRAMMA CRUSH you like I do alpha when he starts spttin that nonsense. I'm liable to get shot if that starts gettin taken seriously.

I'll try and play any of those games that you just listed.

I'm 19. I'll be 20 in August

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight, that means it's a safe assumption that's your not in high school.

How the **** did you wind up coming to GA from Vegas, and then Warner Robins of all places?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I drive practically anywhere and I will play with anyone. I play every fighting game except the street fighter alpha series, cvs2, and mortal kombat. Welcome to GA mate.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
**** her. And Karin. Dumb *** heffers.

And **** them Juni and Juli *****es or whatever their names are. I've seen Alpha 3 so many times and have NEVER. EVER. EVER. seen anybody play with them.

___

Sakura all day.

(Takes a hop back)
And that's a wrap!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh yeah, I actually forgot about that.

I have a vid layin around somewhere from a-cho a few years ago where a sagat got a perfect off of one CC and jab juggling. The damage scaled so far down they actually had to skip like, 80 hits in the combo.

Cody's still a baller.

That ***** goes up into fights throwin rocks at people. That's an OG.

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
I came down from Las Vegas to Warner Robins because I got sick of Las Vegas, lived there for 15 years, moved to North Carolina with my mom for 3 years, moved back to Vegas for a year and decided to move and a friend of mine that is in the air force got stationed here and thats how I ended up here.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Heh.

E.D.I.M.G.I.A.F.A.D. - Every Day In Middle Georgia Is Air Force Appreciate Day. You'll see that quite often.

Air Force is how I wound up here myself. My dad used to be in the force. Retired like.. 9 years ago?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I've never been affiliated with the military. Never intend to.
Me either.

Only reason i'd join something is so that I could go on base and go to Anthony's Pizza. Top ****ing tier. (and my base ID is going to expire in May, and I will never be able to renew it again. :( )

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
Ouch. My room mate is going to look into some jobs for me on base. hard to find a job these days.

I need a car too...fun.......

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
I look for work and ways to help around the house. Got bored one day and recovered my gamertag to the xbox and tried playing a few games they had.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
there's actually a whole crew of kids down here already, but like, 90% of them play brawl.

You musta forgot (or didnt know) that I brought 3 of them to TO3 with me.

*thinks* Wait you werent at TO3 if i remember right. IM GETTIN OLD I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING.

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
I live really close to the base. Huntington East.

Just got all my stuff from Vegas so now there are 2 360's in the house and my Wii. Lost my copy of Melee a while back though, pissed me off.

Top Bottom