• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New glitch?

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet

Has anyone else done this before, and if so, on any other stages? The positioning needed seems to be that the jolt lands on the exact "corner", though I could be wrong...I also have a feeling it might be partially due to whatever causes battlefielding.

We found this by accident mid-match and, some positioning adjustments later, recorded it. I haven't seen any other instances of this after brief checking on youtube.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Does that have practical application? Does the bolt have a hit box on the corner?

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
It does, but the thing is it's impossibly difficult to get pikachu in the right spot. It's literally a perfect positioning, and it took me about two minutes to reenact it after the initial accidental one.

N64

Smash Champion
pretty much yea.
That I know of it works on Battlefield, Jungle Japes, and the fire transformation of Pokemon Stadium. As Decay said, it's not particularly useful, as it is incredibly precise and thus difficult to do on command. Additionally, it's not particularly helpful even if you do get it. It's still just a jolt, so the knockback and hitstun are negligible. It may make their recovery a little awkward, but it shouldn't kill any character. Pikachu has no shortage of edgeguard options anyways, so there's pretty much always a better edgeguard available.

It looks and sounds neat though!

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'm actually curious, what other stages does this work on? It would be cool if we could get a list of every stage this works on, just because I'm curious lol. I might try to experiment sometime

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm not sure. Like I said, I think whatever it is that causes battlefielding has to do with it working there. Haven't tried it with other stages. I just know positioning is VERY sensitive (As in, I had to jump and barely flick the stick before landing to get the right spot, kind of positioning; You barely notice the different in your spot.)

I do know you can do it point-blank as well though, because we went on to do so right after making this video.

Smish

Smash Rookie
I'm happy to report that I found a reliable setup for this on Battlefield! After playing a lot of matches with Okami at a recent tourney, I REALLY REALLY wanted to figure this out lol. I spent a lot of time on it but the setup is actually really simple. Here's the video: http://youtu.be/LemXPO1iiy0
Also, there's tons more info in the description :) Enjoy!

UPDATE: InternetExplorer has found a new, faster method to the Battlefield glitch! Looks actually usable in competitive play!
http://youtu.be/Ei1ubTXWYAU

Smish

Smash Rookie
Now that we have a somewhat useful setup for this glitch, I made a video showing the potential for it as an edgeuarding move.
http://youtu.be/etKVbrmicF4
Against some characters, it's completely useless, and all it does is interrupt their recovery and tack on a couple extra percent before letting them on. However, this glitch was actually pretty effective against spacey side-b's, Falcon/Ganon, and Marth. Surprisingly, Pikachu can completely sweetspot the ledge perfectly through the glitch. We're hoping to find new, faster, better setups!

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
Hooray for contributing to the community! :D Now if only I could get a tourney...Regardless, I'm glad to be useful.

Did anyone else know about this before I posted it?

Smish

Smash Rookie
Hooray for contributing to the community! :D Now if only I could get a tourney...Regardless, I'm glad to be useful.

Did anyone else know about this before I posted it?
Actually this has been encountered before, sorry lol. Lots of Pika mains have been working on this for a while. But only now do we have a setup for it! So feel free to recreate it as many times as you want lol.

TGAP37

Smash Rookie
Not directly related to this put I know in project M you can get a similar glitch with Pit's arrows if you fire them directly onto the corner of some stages then it produces the same effect as this

Top Bottom