• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch, I Think

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
I was playing as Mewtwo vs. Peach on Final Destination.
Mewtwo was standing just outside of his dtilt range of peach.
Peach threw a normal turnip at mewtwo, and mewtwo threw an uncharged shadow ball at peach.
The two projectiles collided in midair, and the shadow ball dissipated. The turnip, however, remained suspended in midair in between peach and mewtwo.
As mewtwo i walked into the turnip and took a hit from it. I walked into it again and walked right through it. Peach also walked through it.
As mewtwo I grabbed the turnip and tried throwing it. After throwing it it moved a very small amount in the dircetion thrown and then stayed in place midair.
Peach walked into it and took a hit, but after the first hit was able to walk through it normally. She then threw it and it remained in place, and mewtwo was able to take another hit from it and then grab it again.
As mewtwo, I tried jumping as high as i could and threw it, and it still remained in the air.

Has anyone else encountered this glitch? I'm not sure what I did to trigger it and will try to replicate it.

pdk

Smash Lord
isn't that basically what happens to turnips when performing the black hole glitch?

Toomai

Smash Ace
I'd think so. The only reason people get stuck in black holes is because getting hit by a turnip allows them to be hit by another. Here, there's only one, so you can only be hit once.

No idea why it turns into a Flipper when thrown, though.

Juce

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's what's referred to as the turnip glitch and why when my friend and I discovered what is now the "Black Hole Gltich" we named it "The REAL Turnip Glitch." There are a lot of random ways to do the one you're talking about, and it can be done with most items as well (like Beam Swords and Super scopes and stuff).

Top Bottom