• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Finder! - For Melee. No Brawl kids.

Linguini

Smash Master
Ganon boards aren't dead. Smashboards is basically dead though as a whole.

They didn't really take advantage of the social media craze when it began and never got to catching up with it. This site is waaaay primitive and outdated.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
We usually have monthly tournaments at NCSU, although I don't think there are usually any during the university breaks. Hopefully that'll be different this summer.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
When in NC, I do have a friend with a car who's almost as interested in Melee as I am. I'm pretty sure I can talk him into nearby tourneys, so I'll be scoping out NC (preferably Piedmont) tourneys in the Atl South listings, but if anyone wants to message me about upcoming ones in case I miss them or they simply aren't listed, please feel free.

And Eikelmann, I might have actually found a part-time job so I can have some spending money to my name (for the first time in a while). If all goes well, I'll be scoping out GA tourneys as well and should be able to pay to take the Greyhound. I also found some Meleers in Savannah but we haven't gotten together yet, so I don't know how dedicated they are. Hopefully though, this will mean some actual practice as opposed to AIs who almost never DI and tech and such. :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll message you whenever there's a new Melee tournament. The next one is ReSe (This weekend, I think) in Charlotte.

Whenever we have an NCSU tourney, Alex usually posts in the local NC threads about it and makes a tournament topic. I can't think of any tourney in the past year that hasn't been an NCSU or ReSe, but I could be wrong about that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
When in NC, I do have a friend with a car who's almost as interested in Melee as I am. I'm pretty sure I can talk him into nearby tourneys, so I'll be scoping out NC (preferably Piedmont) tourneys in the Atl South listings, but if anyone wants to message me about upcoming ones in case I miss them or they simply aren't listed, please feel free.

And Eikelmann, I might have actually found a part-time job so I can have some spending money to my name (for the first time in a while). If all goes well, I'll be scoping out GA tourneys as well and should be able to pay to take the Greyhound. I also found some Meleers in Savannah but we haven't gotten together yet, so I don't know how dedicated they are. Hopefully though, this will mean some actual practice as opposed to AIs who almost never DI and tech and such. :)
awesome, man. record matches!

FrackinKraken

Smash Cadet
Hello friends. FrackinKraken, Ganon main, f-airs are my game. Currently Residing in Charlottesville, VA, at the lovely University of Virginia. Hoping to enter my first tourney on the 16th.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Upke join the GA Melee facebook group and find some guys in Savannah. Sadly the only active areas in GA are Gwinnett County, Kennesaw, and Atlanta (primarily GA Tech), but you could at least get to know who some of the better players in the state are and there are locals going on all the time

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I'll be sure to do that!

Some good news though is that my college had a dead Smash club, and I started posting and complaining and being annoying on the Facebook group and actually found a couple of still active players. We also happen to be about the same skill level, so I get some actual human vs human practice, as opposed to fighting cpus like I have been for months. :c

Oh, also the deli that I go to every day has two workers that play Smash and I'm gonna play some games with them this weekend actually. On the last night of the EVO donation drive, we (the aforementioned players and I) were casually talking about hosting a tournament here, but we don't have the experience or a good location. Small Smashfests though are very possible.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Yo sup guys. I've been a ganon main for about a year now, mostly lurking. But here I am. I live in Ithaca, NY and am looking to break into the competitive scene there. Easily the most satisfying character to play in the game imo

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if I posted in this thread yet, but I live on UF's campus and I just started playing ganon like 2 months ago. Nice to see all this stuff and guides and **** XD

Upke

Smash Journeyman
So I started playing Ganondorf a lot more. Upair too good, and I've been doing the dthrow both hits of nair deal on Peach at 0%. It's like a free 26% or something.

Coastward

Smash Lord
alright time to step out of the lurking shadows. ever since the smash doc ive been itching to get back into the scene. any fellow ganons near toronto?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Are there really no other Ganondorfs in New Hampshire?

I actually saw a dude maining a red ganon at Game Over 11 in MA. But that's the closest lol. I have a friend in New Hampshire and he says he doesn't really see ganons at locals very often. You might start to see me though because I'm heading to a bunch of new england area tournaments in january and then in march when I'm home from school during my respective breaks. I don't go by Wanted however. My tag is PK.

Honest Ham

Smash Rookie
If you're ever near Keene, Nashua, or Manchester NH PM me and I'll drive out to ganon ditto. Been looking all my life for another NH ganondorf.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
If you're ever near Keene, Nashua, or Manchester NH PM me and I'll drive out to ganon ditto. Been looking all my life for another NH ganondorf.
I'm like less than an hour from those paces when I'm home in MA.

In March, a friend of mine from my hometown is throwing a tournament that will potentially have 70+ entrants. You should definitely drive out for it. I will be there and a bunch of notable new england players around the Boston area will too hopefully. Apparently he's been talking with MattDotZeb about helping him out so hopefully it will be good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom