• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New five minute video found

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Heh. What kills me most is how Lucas says PK Fire and how Mario pretty much PWNs Sonic right after her taunts.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
After taking another look at Lucas's gameplay, a few things became apparent that I hadn't observed before:

Lucas's up smash is very VERY slow. It's about as slow as Ike's forward smash, maybe even a few frames slower. The cooldown at the end of the move is atrocious, but the power is insane. I doubt that people will use this move much in 1 vs. 1 matches. It's just way too slow. We'll probably be relying on his flip kick to cover his head instead, or use it for edgeguarding against opponents with high recovery.

His PK fire does about 9% when it hits. This isn't bad, considering how fast it is, and that Ness's PK fire would rarely do that much damage due to opponent DI.

PK Freeze when fully charged does about 20% damage or so! Considering it's speed, that's incredible!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
After taking another look at Lucas's gameplay, a few things became apparent that I hadn't observed before:

Lucas's up smash is very VERY slow. It's about as slow as Ike's forward smash, maybe even a few frames slower. The cooldown at the end of the move is atrocious, but the power is insane. I doubt that people will use this move much in 1 vs. 1 matches. It's just way too slow. We'll probably be relying on his flip kick to cover his head instead, or use it for edgeguarding against opponents with high recovery.

His PK fire does about 9% when it hits. This isn't bad, considering how fast it is, and that Ness's PK fire would rarely do that much damage due to opponent DI.

PK Freeze when fully charged does about 20% damage or so! Considering it's speed, that's incredible!
Eh...USmash looks to be great, especially in conjunction with PK Freeze. You have a quick move that will almost always immobilize the opponent; folllow that up with his USmash (henceforth "PK Love") and you have an almost guaranteed KO.

But it is undeniable that Lucas' Special Moves put Ness's to shame. Frankly, I couldn't find one reason for someone to choose Ness over Lucas--and that's speaking completely objectively. Pity that Ness will be sticking around in place of Claus (most likely). :ohwell:

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or is Ike too **** powerful?
You see that FS?

Diddy looks amazing to me, really.
I can't wait.

Lucas vs. Ness will be an epic battle.

Does anybody adore that instrumental during Snake vs. Link?
It's so darn soothing...

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Wow, characters were surviving very long with high %'s in those videos. I already knew that, but I didn't get this much of an impression of it from the E 4 All videos, etc.

I wonder if Smash tournaments are going to up the damage mod for competitive play? I'm sure that the tourney scene doesn't want competitive smash to turn into trading kills back and forth.

Thino

Smash Master
Lucas = win
Ike = uber win
Zelda = too good
PT = insane
Delfino Plaza,Eldin bridge, and .. and ..and that Castle Siege theme are AWESOME

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
OMG that video was awesome. Loving the FE7? battle music. Also I noticed Zero Suit Samus's death cry. Sort of like a low tone women's voice..I like it :X PT dashing left and right on the battlefield is funny and awesome

PT= going to be sooo much fun to play as..
Lucas= Fun also...and dear lord at the PK freeze..
Zelda= Awesome and huge dress >.>

Micahc

Smash Ace
Did anyone else see the sheer uber1337ness of Zeldas u-smash on Pikachu on Castle Siege? Thing lasted ofr like, 3-4 freaking seconds...

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, this video is a lot better then the e4all, whobby, ect. brawl videos. I dunno, it looks like this game could have a decent level of competition, and not turn out to be to simple, which I really hope for. But yea pk thunder looks a LOT better then it was in melee! easier to hit, and slower falling time =)

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, this video is a lot better then the e4all, whobby, ect. brawl videos. I dunno, it looks like this game could have a decent level of competition, and not turn out to be to simple, which I really hope for. But yea pk thunder looks a LOT better then it was in melee! easier to hit, and slower falling time =)

Norgay

Smash Apprentice

Top Bottom