• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Final Smash, please?

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
With the 'streamlining' of Final Smashes that Sakurai had said fighters would get, does this hopefully mean a different Final Smash for Peach?
I REALLY hope so. Peach Blossom is just an awful Final Smash, so bad that I'd actively avoid using it in Smash 4 because my opponents could heal and benefit from it so easily.

Luminario

Smash Lord
They should just remove the peaches to be honest. As a Final Smash it fits the to-the-point concept they're going for with FSs this time around, so they should just give Peach a 20ish% recovery while opponents fall asleep.
I feel Peach Blossom was meant to be the most support based FS a FS could be, as allies could take advantage of it easily too.

If we do get a new one however, I wanna see something SPP inspired. Peach could bring out the Vibe Scepter and use Joy to suck up all the opponents around her before blasting them away in fiery Anger, then maybe add Calm at the end of it to still get a bit of healing. Either that or Paper Mario Peach Beam, as long as it's flashy and feminine, I'm happy.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
They should just remove the peaches to be honest. As a Final Smash it fits the to-the-point concept they're going for with FSs this time around, so they should just give Peach a 20ish% recovery while opponents fall asleep.
I feel Peach Blossom was meant to be the most support based FS a FS could be, as allies could take advantage of it easily too.

If we do get a new one however, I wanna see something SPP inspired. Peach could bring out the Vibe Scepter and use Joy to suck up all the opponents around her before blasting them away in fiery Anger, then maybe add Calm at the end of it to still get a bit of healing. Either that or Paper Mario Peach Beam, as long as it's flashy and feminine, I'm happy.
I'd totally sign on for the Paper Mario Peach Beam. Something from SPP would be good too, though Nintendo doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the game much.

Last edited:

hermes

Smash Apprentice
I really like the old one but its unlikely to return with this new fast final smash concept. They would have revealed peach blossom in the video anyways.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Peach will very likely get a different FS anyway this time around since Sakurai wants them to be more faster and kinetic now.

Daisy may have a different variant anyway, since being an Echo doesn't mean you are bound with the same FS moves as seen with Dark Pit.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Peach Final Smash is Toad charge at fighters in the cut scene it will be like Captain Falcon FS or Peach final smash could be similar like Zelda Ultimate FS a big heart damage kills off players.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Peach's Final Smash should be her super move from Mario Strikers Charged.

As a "let's get serious" thing. Could work for Daisy too, albeit with a different animation

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
If they go the Paper Mario route, Shadow Queen for Peach :3 If not, something from SPP would be awesome.

And Daisy's... Well, I have no idea! Something with Tatanga...?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Actually Peach’s old final smash is pretty fast. It’s just a matter of everyone being asleep afterwards waiting for her to hit them. So if it were me I would probably keep it. It fits for Peach at least, though I’d be curious to see how they would pull off a more aggressive FS for her.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Actually Peach’s old final smash is pretty fast. It’s just a matter of everyone being asleep afterwards waiting for her to hit them. So if it were me I would probably keep it. It fits for Peach at least, though I’d be curious to see how they would pull off a more aggressive FS for her.
Someone mentioned that the problem with it is that while it's straight to the point, opponents are stuck sleeping until they wake up or are hit, so it's not much of a straight-back-to-the-action type FS they seem to be going for this time around.

I've been more on board with a Peach Beam type FS recently. I can see it as a stage wide vertical beam similar to Deoxys' Hyper Beam only bigger, and she could even move it side to side slightly to chase opponents. I'm still drawing a blank for Daisy's, but there's a bunch of other FSs in the game that she could fit over, such as shooting a tennis ball with the same velocity as Link's Ancient Arrow, or drive into the opponents with a go kart like Cap Falcon's.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I guess you can teach old threads new tricks, eh?

While I'm here, I might as well prattle off all my Final-Smash related thoughts:
Luigi's Final Smash should be changed to a severely altered version of "Negative Zone", with Luigi emitting shockwaves that draw opponents closer before unleashing a ginormous shockwave that whisks players away into the blast zone. Tentative title; Negative Zone Quake
Princess Peach's Final Smash, as previously mentioned, should be a cutscene Final Smash inspired by her Mega Strike from Mario Strikers Charged, Empress Peach. In Smash, Peach would kick forward a blossoming soccer ball that triggers a cutscene if opponents are caught. Peach would sprout angelic wings & create a whirlwind around the ensnared opponent(s), before spiking them downward ala Strikers Chargers. Daisy could have a similar Final Smash inspired by her Mega Strike, Crystalized Daisy.
I believe Wario should have a Final Smash that represents something other than Warioware, so I went for a more obscure reference for my pick; Balloon Wario Blast. This Final Smash would be a homage to Wario's Woods, in which Wario inflates a mega balloon-esque copy of himself to drop Bob-ombs and wreak havoc. The Final Smash rendition of this would function similarly to pre-Ultimate Sudden Death, before Wario deflates back to the foreground.
Link's Final Smash should involve the Guardians, but act similarly to Triforce Slash. Tentative Title: Guardian's Fury
Sheik's Final Smash would reflect the Deku in this concept; Deku Baba Mayhem. The Great Deku Tree would sprout out of the battleground along with several Deku Babas. Sheik would take shelter at the top of the GDT, while Deku Babas sink their teeth into the opponents below.
Lucario's Final Smash should be a mix of both of his previous Final Smashes; Mega Aura Sphere. Lucario would evolve into Mega Lucario, jump into the air and unleash 4-6 ginormous Aura Spheres onto the stage, which explode on contact.
The text under Pokémon Trainer's Triple Finish should revert back to its original form.

That's it, though I'd like R.O.B. to have a new Final Smash rather than generic eye laser type A and have something that references his source material. If you fellows have any ideas, let me know.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
You know, I think Peach and Daisy should both get new Final Smashes based on their personalites, but more offensive.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I watched a video about how a guy wanted Peach's final smash her to use 'emotions' from Super Princess Peach, and deal fire damage... which is fine.

But I think her CRYING emotion would be a much better final smash.
Massive tears and a huge speed boost.
Imagine Kyogre levels of water/tears coming from Peach, combined with a speed boost to run around and push people off stage.
Think of the Gust Bellows item x100.

I think it would be hilarious, plus it kinda stays true to her character of Peach not really being a "violent' character/true competitive fighter.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Super Princess Peach and Strikers-based moves would be far better than what we have now, showcasing specific feats. I also like smashes that play with the character or lore behind a fighter, however, and those games seem a little obscure. Some fun ideas based on Peach as the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom:

* A super powered Peach Bomber that smashes the fighters to the Peach's castle, triggering a cutscene. The fighters proceed to get sucked through the castle's magical paintings into various dangerous scenarios that reference Mario 64 - butt-burnt in a lava level, blown up on Bob-Omb Battlefield, and eaten by that evil Boo House piano.

* Peach spawns the bridge from the original Super Mario Bros. Bowser boss battle, triggering a cutscene. She wails as if trapped on the other end, causing the fighters to run to her, then activates the axe and waves buh-bye. Daisy could do something similar, but perhaps with a guest appearance from Tatanga.

* Peach spawns a fully-powered super/rainbow star and zips around the stage like Pac-Man or Sonic. I figure Peach has access to any of the power-ups she wants, so you could do a bunch of creative things with unrepresented power-ups like the Lucky Bell or Mega Mushroom here. Maybe Toad appears and throws them to her.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
The text under Pokémon Trainer's Triple Finish should revert back to its original form.

That's it, though I'd like R.O.B. to have a new Final Smash rather than generic eye laser type A and have something that references his source material. If you fellows have any ideas, let me know.
Glad I'm not the only one bothered by the font swap. They're unrepentant gen 1 pandering Pokemon, so go full nostalgia!

For ROB, I can think of a couple of things. A Duck Hunt style cameo of one of the two games that he worked with could be fun - something like the dude from Gyromite carrying a bunch of explosives toward the fighters. If they really felt like putting effort in and were willing to mock their own hardware, this could be changed to a 4th wall-breaking cutscene in which the fighters are transported to the game, and ROB plays it poorly.

I'd also add Samus to your list of uninspired Smashes. The Zero Laser isn't even something from her games, and the annoying thing is just how little you'd have to change it to at least reference some of her beams.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Psych Bomb from SMRPG. Given certain recent rumors, it would definitely explain why her VS hadn't been shown yet.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I hear peaches final smash is the same in meter mode as it is normally. The rest of ththe casts get serious nefs for that mode. Apparantly its OP in that mode, and it's the only mode where your final smash might mean anything when it comes to any sort of competitive play so cheer up guys!

(Being able to fsmash a sleeping opponent then heal a full stock of percentage is apparently almost as good as an auto win)

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I don't understand why people beg for Peach/Daisy's final smash to be replaced so much. It's actually OP when used right. You don't just get a kill: you get the chance to heal a lot of damage which is a huge swing factor. It's not really a crazy attack but it's still good.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people beg for Peach/Daisy's final smash to be replaced so much. It's actually OP when used right. You don't just get a kill: you get the chance to heal a lot of damage which is a huge swing factor. It's not really a crazy attack but it's still good.
It's rather underwhelming, especially in free-for-alls. The peaches can be eaten by opponents so you have to usually choose between recovering or attacking, and if anyone wakes up or the sleep part misses then you have to stop them recovering too, and you can usually only capitalize on KOing a single sleeping opponent before everyone starts waking up. It's the only FS that actively helps opponents.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
It's rather underwhelming, especially in free-for-alls. The peaches can be eaten by opponents so you have to usually choose between recovering or attacking, and if anyone wakes up or the sleep part misses then you have to stop them recovering too, and you can usually only capitalize on KOing a single sleeping opponent before everyone starts waking up. It's the only FS that actively helps opponents.
With any Final Smash though there's a way to use it that might feel underwhelming and a way that could feel very rewarding. Some people think Puff's final smash is underwhelming but most of them are probably using it wrong and not using it as an edgeguard like it's intended to be,

In the recent tournament in Spain, the Daisy player who won it made some ridiculous comebacks with Daisy's final smash. There were moments where he was at 1 stock left with his opponent at 2 stocks but Daisy Blossom allowed him to get the kill and even up the percent as well. A conventional final Smash would have only done one of those things. And I'm sure even in free for alls, there's a way to use it that will consistently yield results too. Prioritize killing the two highest percent enemies really quickly and rush for the daisies/peaches after. If all the slept opponents are high percent, you could just kill them all and ignore the daisies/peaches since they can't heal from 0%.

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I think its just really bad to use in FFA matches with 4 people..... which is a shame, because thats when final smashes are used the most.

There are usually 2 flavors for Final Smashes;
"Catastrophic" final smashes: (example, Olimar, Mario, Ness) They change the stage dynamics, and present a new hazard. If a move attacks everyone, it does a lot of damage, usually either 30-40 everyone, combined with a potential to get knocked back a alot. Causes a big ruckus on stage. Adds excitement.
Cinematic final smashes: ((Captain Falcon, Megaman, Villager) Often involves a cutscene, usually the move hits a single player, its usually an OHKO or very high knockback.

Peach/daisys final smash is in a weird spot of neither category. Its sure, but theres no new 'hazard' being presented.
You have to play the game of trying to be close to an opponent (to inflict more than 20%), the sleep duration isnt that long, and you only get one attack from your base set of attacks to use. The best option for damage is like.... fully charged frying pan for an extra 26%, and even then, it might not even kill.
You wont even have time to attack all the players with the short sleep duration, either.

So in a 4 player matches, where final smashes are most often used, Peach/Daisys attacks just fall short. bleh.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Isn't a sweet-spotted up smash usually better kill power? I remember multiple times where I killed at least two people and healed myself using Peach's final smash in free-for-alls before.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Isn't a sweet-spotted up smash usually better kill power? I remember multiple times where I killed at least two people and healed myself using Peach's final smash in free-for-alls before.
Its hard to hit a sleeping opponent with the sweetspot of Up Smash if you just stand beside them. :( If you factor in platforms, then sure, but even then her Upsmash might not reach :(

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Its hard to hit a sleeping opponent with the sweetspot of Up Smash if you just stand beside them. :( If you factor in platforms, then sure, but even then her Upsmash might not reach :(
It's not hard in my experience. You just run up to them, push them a bit and charge up smash. The sweet spot for up smash was a lot more forgiving in Smash 4 too. In Brawl, it was hard.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It depends on how big your enemy is. Some are easier to sweetspot than others. Usually its inconsistent on sleeping opponents though. Pan is more reliable and now that you can angle Fsmash to always have it available, it's best to charge Pan when you're unsure Usmash is going to sweetspot.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I only wish the peaches/daisies couldn't be consumed by opponents...instead, let enemies crush them if they try to pick them up, so Paisy can't recover more. I usually use her ult to smash the hell out of the highest damage person, then start healing much as I can. I like her FS overall.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Probably my largest disappointment with the transition to Ultimate....

Would have loved something more flashy and new....

Kevi91

Smash Rookie
NNID
kevi91
3DS FC
5472-8418-5643
Fixing this final smash is easy. Remove peaches to heal and add the option to move right analog stick and mash buttons to wake up just like ending stun in street fighter and Guilty Gear

Last edited:
Top Bottom