• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ff? or Zsamus down-b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hm...i think i saw something most people overlooked....
Go look at zsamus on the Nintendo world trailer at 2:06 or so. She stops the jumping animation and falls down really fast. Either it is her down b or theres a new way to fast fall really fast at the cost of movement possibility. If so, this could bring the game to a whole new level!

Imagine if link could do this with is Dair!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I noticed that too recently. I wont if that will work kind of like Link's down B. I can see Zamus being very cheap.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Kinda surprised though noone noticed it before.
Oh and yeah this could be gamebreaking and change the meta a LOT.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, if you could do a fast fall move with every character that would mean that some slow characters get a speed boost in that sense, ans could be imba...

I think it's a move zsamus has, not a technique.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Looks like a move to me. She seems to be moving down at a slight angle.
Also, she stays in a little "get up" animation that seems longer than typical melee landing lag.
That's my take on it, anyways.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, she looks like the new sheik.

In the few moves we see right at the beginning of her segment, we see a sweeper move similiar to sheiks, a generic kick which could be related to sheik, and a smash that looked suspiciously like sheik's dsmash

gnosis

Smash Lord
People did realize this before, and yes, signs point to it probably being a move (startup and landing lag, etc.).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I thought it looked like a flameless falcon kick.
I thought this, too. I decided it had to be a move because of startup and landing lag. I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Move. She goes at a slight angle and theres absolutely NO reason why fast falls would be tweaked to have start up lag. Not that Smash has the best of logic, but stopping midair to then fall faster?

The similarity to Capt. Falcon's down B is uncanny. And you know what? The Wii 2007 video that started the "roll off platforms" speculation also shows Zamus performing two midair kicks, which also look just like Capt. Falcon's neutral air move.

No, I dont think she will be a clone, but her body type will probably allow her to have moves similar to his. That or maybe the trailer was still in a beta stage, and Zamus still had some of Capt. Falcon's moves that she started off with. What Im saying is that the developers might have first programmed her to have his moves to start off and then they began modifying her to have her own...

Dither

Smash Apprentice
Personally, as a Melee Samus player, I really hope for a choice between the two characters, as opposed to a Zelda/Shiek relationship. From the videos we've seen so far, ZSamus and Samus play completely differently.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I think that was deffintly a move. She was doing it towards Metaknight before he rolled out of the way.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
all they did was slow down the video for part of the backflip and then they put it back at normal speed. this is nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom