• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New falco with AT troubles

ADHD

Smash Hero
The SHDL I can't get the bottom laser to not have the ring around it and be soundless, is it supposed to be constant every time I do this?

And the inverse boost grabbing thing I'm having trouble with too, can someone explain the steps they take to do this?

And, how do you do a shortened phantasm?

bowz

Smash Journeyman
The SHDL I can't get the bottom laser to not have the ring around it and be soundless, is it supposed to be constant every time I do this?

And the inverse boost grabbing thing I'm having trouble with too, can someone explain the steps they take to do this?

And, how do you do a shortened phantasm?
The shdl doesn't require the second laser to be a silent laser. You just want it to be close to that height. So don't think you're doing it wrong if you aren't making it the canceled/silent laser. Test it out on kirby, if you're hitting kirby with the second laser, you're doing it perfectly.

Shortened phantasm doesn't require you to mash the b button, it's just helpful, xD Once the animation begins, you press b again to cancel it. I think there are at least two places to cancel, possibly three.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
reverse grabbing is extremely simple. just do this:
assuming your running right: Right, Left+Grab.
very simple, and sometimes very useful

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
for the inverse grab boosting, here's what you should do: move the joystiq SLIGHTLY before anything else, as if you were doing an F-smash, then do down-c-stick and z VERY close together, as If you were wavedashing and Z was air-dodge and down-c-stick was jump.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Isn't boost grabbing basically the same as a boost smash, just instead of up Z, you do the the opposite way you're moving and Z?

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
To do the boost pivot grab: Be running in one direction, flick down on the c-stick and immediately smash the other direction on the analog stick and press z. Just like with the boost smash, the idea here is to cancel the dash attack with a grab as quickly as possible. The faster the dash is canceled, the further you go.

are there any videos of Boost Grabbing/ IBG?
I'm in the process of making a Falco guide. I thought it'd be helpful to put something together that consolidated all of his AT's information. I'll have videos of everything up too, though they won't be the best quality.

Top Bottom