• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Edgehog for Ganon?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well I was playing a friend one day im not sure if this has been found out its just something simple I found and its nothing to fancy but I tihnk its useful and I wanted to post it.

Well on Pokemon Stadium the Rock stage theres that edge where their is that cliff well when your Ganon jump off the cliff and land right at hte edge of the stage.

Then all you do is just face the cliff and Jab it and it will push you off and you will grab the edge automatically when you fall off.

This is nothing special just an alternative if you dont want to Wavedash backwards or just hop and grab it and I tihnk its faster actually.

Wish I had a video but its seems kinda obvious and easy too do.

Discuss.

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
I know what your talkin about and I'm a bit insane. Why jab for a edgehog and do one better?!

That space makes it hard to see what your Ganon is doing, which tends to spook your opponent, so I suggest trying his down+air (facing away of course) or down+B. Since they will want to try and sweet spot.

Really try moves they wont see coming. It's not necessary but it helps make you less predictable.

Sometimes I edgehog and sometimes I go out the way only if I got the extra stock or not bc I play with friends

BEHR

Smash Hero
I know what your talkin about and I'm a bit insane. Why jab for a edgehog and do one better?!

That space makes it hard to see what your Ganon is doing, which tends to spook your opponent, so I suggest trying his down+air (facing away of course) or down+B. Since they will want to try and sweet spot.

Really try moves they wont see coming. It's not necessary but it helps make you less predictable.

Sometimes I edgehog and sometimes I go out the way only if I got the extra stock or not bc I play with friends
Yuh I see what you mean.

and besides stomping is way better then hoggin. o;

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Almost forgot. Nice trick, by the way if you want to mess with your friends. Dair them when they are getting back and if they are good then they will try to cancel it and thats when you second jump Dair then Up+B. You will get the edge, if your timing is quick. I still freak but live.

I think this work....holding Forward after Up+B helps you DI a bit to get your opponent?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Um If you are fighting Peach Samus or any other character with a dsmash that turns you around DO NOT EVER go there on PS. my opinion of course and this is a pretty cool egdehog, but since the area over there is so small wouldnt you want to just UAIR spike and be done with it?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Um If you are fighting Peach Samus or any other character with a dsmash that turns you around DO NOT EVER go there on PS. my opinion of course and this is a pretty cool egdehog, but since the area over there is so small wouldnt you want to just UAIR spike and be done with it?
Yuh or when they come back cause you knocked them off like CFs Recover is predictable and they about to grab the edge you just hit A and they wont grab it or Uair Spike is good too but Its just a fun technique too do cause it looks hot. :laugh:

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
I am insane and that would be a logical move but I have jumped of the edge and ***** a grappled Samus and then backhand.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Thats funny I was just doing that yesterday with my mr.game and watch. (XD) waveland>pivot>edge grab, its very sexy when it works.

The technique that BEHR brought up sounds sexy, I should go tell my Ganon buddy to try it out. (Thx to BEHR).

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah, i've done that jab thing before too.. but warlock punch is better, hah.. it still does the same thing, just takes longer.. yeah >.>'

but magus.. honestly, too sexy... everytime i watch any of your vids it just makes me want to start playing ganon again, i miss him so much ;[ screw falco, i'm goin wit the powerhouse.

BEHR

Smash Hero
**** I havent been here in a while lol.

But yuh I guess thanks for the response lol.

:laugh:

Top Bottom