• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New edge hog?

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
I was in training, and did this. If you run straight at the edge, then Up + B, it seems you slide a little, enough to get off the stage, and then Up + B sweetspot on the edge. It's a little difficult for me, and I just borrowed the concept from the Shiek stall. Does anyone actually use this?

Zgetto

Smash Ace
not really i think
i takes to long to charge the firefox and there are faster ways to edgehog
(like using the reverse shl or shine then turn in the shine and wavedash backwards)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Renth is right Link players does it ,, i do it, but i don't find it useful,, but i only do it when i wanna pull of something flashy, but i dont rely on it

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
Nah, like said, kind of slow. Might be a good mindgame though. Time it right, the flames can lower the enemy's altitude enough to drop off from the ledge(from sweetspotting) to shine spike. Idk, I'll try it out on my friend. Well, not my Samus friend.

Sudai

Stuff here
Run reverse laser waveland is faster or even running off into an illusion, but the up-b thing does have it's uses IMO. Such as someone with a poor vertical recovery as the flames can knock them back a bit. It's all just situational like everything else in smash.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Start slightly off center of the stage (on longer stages) and go towards the edge you are closest to. ifyou are at the right distance you will fall from the stage and sweetspot. mindgameshog'd!?!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Link players do it

thats funny because nada used to be a link main.

It is a nice idea, but it would just take way to long. I do the full jump, turn around laser wave land off if I have to go across the level to grab the ledge fast. Other wise if I am right there by the edge already I can WD back or shine turn around WD back, or just SH back, or just go for a shine spike.

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
Nah, like said, kind of slow. Might be a good mindgame though. Time it right, the flames can lower the enemy's altitude enough to drop off from the ledge(from sweetspotting) to shine spike. Idk, I'll try it out on my friend. Well, not my Samus friend.
Now theres a good Idea Omega!

Top Bottom