• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Discovery?

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is already known, but I noticed this while trying to Zap Jump with Lucas.

If you perform Ness's second jump simultaneously with a PK Fire, he'll kind of slide at an upward angle and release his fire when he reaches the height of his slide. That is, he'll begin his throwing animation, slide up a considerable height, and then fire. This strikes me as a trick that could be used to take opponents by surprise and hit with Ness's aerial PK Fire at an unexpected angle.

Any thoughts?

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Ah ... Well, I wish I had known about it then, because I can certainly think of ways to incorporate this.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
It isn't a zap jump. It doesn't get him extra jumping distance. It's just a way of surprise attacking with PK Fire.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
The zap jump for Lucas skyrockets him upwards. This sends Ness at about a 45 degree angle upwards, similar to his second jump when you're steering it forwards.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
I guess it depends in the timing. most of the time, for me, <B and a second jump with ness gives me a djc.

Darth Ace

Smash Rookie
That's a cool move, I need to remember that one. (I'm trying to set Ness as my 3rd Tier or Main or whatever the term may be.)

Top Bottom