• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Discovery: Fair can spike. Yeah, thats what I said

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Yeah, fair can spike. I discovered this earlier today and checked it with Sa10 to see if he could do it, and he got it to work a couple times. However, it is unbelievably difficult to do. Your opponent has to be basically right under you and you have to hit with the last frame of Fairs hitbox for it to spike. I've gotten it to work once, and Sa10 got it to work twice, and I've got a replay of it actually working. If anyone else could go test it and see if there is an easier way, please do so and let me know.

-Koskinator

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well in a sense, it is usful, since now knowing that the Fair can spike, that increases it's effectiveness atleast somewhat and knowing this, Im going to be testing it for awhile, along with flash canceling and a few other things. It's certainly not soemthing to look down upon, and if anything, I've I can produce this more and more, then I'll have to say that this is indeed very useful.

havocnetwork

Smash Cadet
if we can figure this out it will be a lot for useful because with dair spike there can be tons of lag which will result in ko if you miss, so nice discovery!

Patinator

Smash Champion
OMG.

Wolf's F-Air is 1337 broken. KO potential upwards AND downwards? WTF!

Wow. <3 Wolf. o_.;;;;;

Perhaps I could get some time and see how hard it is... I find Mortar Sliding impossible in 1/4 speed, so I doubt I'll be of help. X.X

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Yeah, I cant stress enough how difficult it is to pull off, it's like, probably 1 or 2 frames of the attack that spike, its very very difficult to do.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's going to be practical in an actual fight unless someone finds an easier way to do it. Which seems unlikely.

Gakuun

Smash Rookie
i got it during a random wifi, it was lagging like crazy and had DK under me when we were trying to recover, too close for a flash and f'ed up when i tried to spike with Dair but caught him with it. Got the replay too.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
LOL, WOW, you guys are barely finding this out? This was posted on the dojo sight back in late March... Horrible and you people call yourselves Wolf user... Shows just how much you guys know your characters, instead of mastering the mashing of the b button to camp the whole match, you should have been actually trying to get good. What a disgrace.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
LOL, WOW, you guys are barely finding this out? This was posted on the dojo sight back in late March... Horrible and you people call yourselves Wolf user... Shows just how much you guys know your characters, instead of mastering the mashing of the b button to camp the whole match, you should have been actually trying to get good. What a disgrace.
I hope to god you read the topic title because otherwise your post was utter stupidity and Bull! No where on Smash Dojo does it state that the Fair can spike, NO WHERE!!! Goes to show what you know coming into another characters thread spitting ******** posts. ANd who the hell looks at the dojo anymore?! WTF gives you the right to come up in here talking about camping?! You probably dont even know the meaning of camping!! YOu must be playing some seriously bad wolf's to be talking **** like that ***. How about you try doing this your self and see what happens with it jack***. Your disgracing yourself for coming up in these threads flamming.

POintless flame, for no reason what so ever...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Nobody bothered to check the dojo in late March, and I doubt that this is there anyways. Secondly, what makes you think that you have any permission to just come in and call the whole Wolf boards a bunch of B buttons using campers? Captain Sa10 said the rest perfectly.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I hope to god you read the topic title because otherwise your post was utter stupidity and Bull! No where on Smash Dojo does it state that the Fair can spike, NO WHERE!!! Goes to show what you know coming into another characters thread spitting ******** posts. ANd who the hell looks at the dojo anymore?! WTF gives you the right to come up in here talking about camping?! You probably dont even know the meaning of camping!! YOu must be playing some seriously bad wolf's to be talking **** like that ***. How about you try doing this your self and see what happens with it jack***. Your disgracing yourself for coming up in these threads flamming.

POintless flame, for no reason what so ever...
First off, i did not check the dojo today or anytime close from today, i learned about this move back when Wolf was first announced, which was months ago. Second, not only are you wrong about wolfs not camping but thats just how the game is played by 70% of the smashers. Camp... Which is clearly what you do, due to lack of knowledge of this old move...

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
i'm pretty sure that for some idiotic reason he thought the discussion was about forward b...

still, that is absolutely no excuse for the insults. what an insecure noob... he has to bash on others he knows nothing about in order to feel like he's good...

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
First off, i did not check the dojo today or anytime close from today, i learned about this move back when Wolf was first announced, which was months ago. Second, not only are you wrong about wolfs not camping but thats just how the game is played by 70% of the smashers. Camp... Which is clearly what you do, due to lack of knowledge of this old move...
How the hell does my knowledge of not knowing that the Fair has a spike have to do with anything involving camping?! Jesus your even more stupid then a n00b, and thats bad. And I dont give a rats*** about the 70% of smashers crap about camping, you just dont come in and say that every **** wolf player on these threads are campers! You rlogic is beyond screwed to hell and back, and not even worth the while. IF your so **** smart and know all about this Fair spike then please enlighten us lord jack*** because your not doing much but contributing the stuff that comes out your anal region.

Matux

Smash Apprentice
That sounds really nice, is it hard to hit ? More randomly or is it a spike with good potential?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't think we should worry about this. Not only will it ultimately be impractical, but think about this:

If you miss a spike with the Fair you're going to send them up, helping their recovery in most instances. I'll stick to the dair. Not to mention fair has more lag.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Im glad that DK players gone, because I was about ready to slay his *** with some serious n00b slaying utensils. I have my n00b knife, my n00b fork, and lots of A1 n00b sauce ready for the ******.

But serious toward what you guys just posted. It more on the lines of random, and extremely hard to pull-off as of now, until we find an easier way to execute it, it's as kash says, its impractical as of now.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Though if you have a refreshed Fair and try the spike at 120 or so, you'll probably kill them, even if you miss the spike. Still not the most useful technique.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Im glad that DK players gone, because I was about ready to slay his *** with some serious n00b slaying utensils. I have my n00b knife, my n00b fork, and lots of A1 n00b sauce ready for the ******.

But serious toward what you guys just posted. It more on the lines of random, and extremely hard to pull-off as of now, until we find an easier way to execute it, it's as kash says, its impractical as of now.
Im right here noob sauce, im glad you got the utensils ready for me to use on you. Thanks alot, saves me the time having to go to the noobs-r-us store. Since clearly thats what you are, a ****ing noob.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Im right here noob sauce, im glad you got the utensils ready for me to use on you. Thanks alot, saves me the time having to go to the noobs-r-us store. Since clearly thats what you are, a ****ing noob.
Welcome back Jmex!!! How was your trip on the n00b-express? Did you eat alot of *********** pills while you were traveling, to further decrease your intellegence to the level of of 2 yr old?? Im surprised you can even type properly seeing at the fact that you have absolutely no knowledge involving wolf what so ever other then your lame *** statistics.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Congratulations. You're an idiot.

Im surpriesed you can even type properly seeing at the fact that you have absolutely no knowledge involving wolf what so ever other then your lame *** statistics.
What does knowing about Wolf have to do with typing? :laugh:

Either way neither of you seem to be defending your causes all that well.

Jmex. I believe you're wrong. There doesn't seem to be any evidence from the Dojo that the Fair can Spike. Loup was probably right. You are thinking of the SideB.

Captain Sa. You seem to be the more intelligent of you two. You should stop feeding the troll.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations. You're an idiot.

What does knowing about Wolf have to do with typing? :laugh:

Either way neither of you seem to be defending your causes all that well.

Jmex. I believe you're wrong. There doesn't seem to be any evidence from the Dojo that the Fair can Spike. Loup was probably right. You are thinking of the SideB.

Captain Sa. You seem to be the more intelligent of you two. You should stop feeding the troll.
Yea im going to stop now, which is probably best. I didn't realize I was feeding a troll.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Anyway. The Fair spike sounds nasty. Does the opponent have to be UNDER you or is there a way the last frame will hit when the opponent is in front of you? I call for testing.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well me and Kosk and a bunch of other wolf's have been testing this and so far, I've only been able to execute the Fair spike three times, and it wasn't consistent at all. I made a rough estimate on the frame data, and im pretty sure it around the last few frames and its more like a disjointed hitbox thats hard to connect with since his arm goes inward. When i did it to mario, the first time was a fluke really, but I was semi above him. THe second and third times, he was under me, which then I landed it not perfectly and not easily since I wasnt sure exactly where it was. Other then that fact that he was under me during the spike, it has to be somewhere around the last few frames of the fair since thats the onyl possible way I was able to connect with him before it ended.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
i think jmex is mad because he played a crappy wolf and lost. now he thinks everyone laser spams.
camping... is not laser spam. it is an organized strategy used to lure in your opponet.
jmex, you are a giant idiot who is making conclusions off the basis of losing to one 5 year old. get out of the wolf forums if you bring us no good but to be a f*ggot. wait, that isnt bringing any good anyways.
oh, haha, also, all of his mains get wrecked by camping.
REAL MEN FIGHT CLOSE COMBATE FOR SEXUAL PURPOSES. LOL

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Unpractical now, perhaps we can break it down to see an area where we can hit it better, also would feel awesome to just randomly spike someone with it lol.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Well I've been trying it again CPUs, friends and on 1/4 speed practice mode.

No luck so far, but from the replay Kos sent me it looks like you have to hit with the middle of the move at point blank.. the spike went so fast I didn't really have time to look at where it hit though...

Top Bottom