• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New* Desynch technique

Tomacawk

Smash Master
*-as far as I know
I was messing around with ICs and found out you can desynch buffer using a roll (not new) but I found if you jump cancel neutral b or down b during the roll, nana will do it stationary and popo will be still in his shield
and if you buffer a side b nana will roll without popo--not sure how thats usefull but it can set up funny stuff
sorry if this isn't new but i've never seen it or heard of it so it's pretty useful imo to get out of shield pressure, and if it hits u can wd out of shield into grab and go from there

Binx

Smash Master
Nothing new, but its fun to play with, most times it isn't really fast enough vs the characters that actually can force rolls, IE: Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach

Can be moderately useful vs other characters that are slower when you do happen to use a roll away from them.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Nothing new, but its fun to play with, most times it isn't really fast enough vs the characters that actually can force rolls, IE: Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach

Can be moderately useful vs other characters that are slower when you do happen to use a roll away from them.
ah, ok, thanks. My IC's knowledge is incredibly lacking so I wasn't sure if it was new and I wanted to make sure, I'm not about to withhold new info from the community

Vts

Smash Champion
whats really fun to do thats pretty hard at first is grab d-throw nana wavedash to up tilt jump f-air and hope nana listens and d-smashs or jab.

soo uber on floaties

Tomacawk

Smash Master
whats really fun to do thats pretty hard at first is grab d-throw nana wavedash to up tilt jump f-air and hope nana listens and d-smashs or jab.

soo uber on floaties
I'm gunna try that
I'm really technical...I've pretty much mastered everything possible except super duper wavedashes (lol.) and multishining (double lol) so I think I'm gunna start doing crazy desynchs for fun, but I need to learn them first. Nana vaults here I come :p

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If you want something technical, try perfecting pivot jump desynchs or the LCG.

Pivot jump desynch = pivot + jump on the same frame (the jump might come a frame after; I have no idea). You want Popo to empty pivot and Nana to shorthop ice block or blizzard.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
If you want something technical, try perfecting pivot jump desynchs or the LCG.

Pivot jump desynch = pivot + jump on the same frame (the jump might come a frame after; I have no idea). You want Popo to empty pivot and Nana to shorthop ice block or blizzard.
I can probably already do this, I can pivot everything else 4/5 times at least

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I can pivot everything 100% (except maybe u-tilt) and multishine consistently... most pivots don't require this kind of timing. It's not hard to get every couple times, but getting it to work fluidly in a match is harder.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I can't really explain this new desynch but it involves wavedashing into an empty jab with Nana.

I think it could be useful because I've been able to IASA the jab into Blizzard before Popo's wavedash completes, essentially giving you a free blizzard WD with Nana and an imperfect WD with Popo. This is awesome.

Here's a vid explaining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtoI6nGoOc

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I can't really explain this new desynch but it involves wavedashing into an empty jab with Nana.

I think it could be useful because I've been able to IASA the jab into Blizzard before Popo's wavedash completes, essentially giving you a free blizzard WD with Nana and an imperfect WD with Popo. This is awesome.

next time I might have discovered something new I'll just keep it to myself so people like you can't be ****ing douchebags

ant-d

Smash Lord

lol

Binx

Smash Master
KK, hahahhha.

Pivot desynchs don't seem very practical for actual match use, but maybe I just think that because I've never seen it used in an actual match.

Binx

Smash Master
hold the next command before the previous action is completed so that it will happen on the earliest possible frame, this works in a few scenarios with a few different techniques, for example, if you wanted to spot dodge multiple times you can hold shield and down on the c-stick and it will continuously spot dodge on the earliest possible frame until you release one, this also works with rolls the same way.

So when rolling hold down b so nana does blizzard the earliest possible frame.

Top Bottom