• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Desynch: Shield Drop (Vid added)

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Ok this has to be new since I never saw this anywhere. Looks like you better follow Hylian's advice about their shield game.

Introducing the Shield Drop Desynch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXKgg7CDQqU

How to do it:

Put up your shield, as you noticed there's a little animation when you drop the shield. During that, use the Side B and they'll do it desynched. This worked for Up B as well. Now to me, this requires OMGWTF timing. As of right now, it seems to just work with Side B and Up B.

Well, now you got another way to get into a desynch.

Stay up :cool:.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Man, sounds so basic, yet I never thought of it before. Good thing to know that Brawl has a "spotdodge desynch" counterpart in this new method. Time to practice!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Can't wait to get home. New techs are what I live for. =^_^=

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
try a side tilt out of it. if that works then soooo much fun. or a regular ice block. ICE BLOCK CHASER RETURNS!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This might end up being useful, but only if it works with some other moves, like blizzard. Desynched squalls and belays OoS sound pretty useless.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This might end up being useful, but only if it works with some other moves, like blizzard. Desynched squalls and belays OoS sound pretty useless.
There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work with any move. If you can get a blizzard then you can Fsmash as well.

All I have to say about this is:

I told you so!

XD. IC's shield game is amazing.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I havn't tested this yet but as far as I know doing forward B striahgt after anything (Like doing a fair, contine to hold forward and mash the B button) will result in a desynced forward B, which is generally very bad compared to a synced forward B. You can continue "True" any move desync from a desynced forward B but that is too much setup. If on the other hand it is possible to shield drop and iceblock/jab with only one climber then this is very good.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Starts practising, I´ll try doing an iceblock after shield^^

EDIT:

Did some testing and for me the easiest way of doung up b was putting up shield and then emidiatly released it and up-b. Didn´t result in a real desynch but can be used for making only popo change direction.
An application to that is that you can shoot iceblock in each direction like after a squall.

lol landingdesynch seems to be the one after DD that should be easiest to use :/

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Okay, if I understand this desynch correctly, then this shouldn't work with any other moves. Here's my guess about what's going on:

When you drop the shield, since Nana's commands are delayed a bit, there should be something like 6 frames where Popo is standing there and Nana is still shielding. If you tell Popo to side+B or up+B, then Nana won't be available for the dual IC version of the move since she's still in her shield, so Popo will just do the solo IC variant. Nana should then do the same thing a few frames later.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Doesn't look very good. o_O

The difference in frames is so low, it's not like you're really desynched.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
After extensive testing on my part, I dub this pretty much useless. It would have been cool if other moves can be done out of it, but I'm ony getting Side B and Up B as of now. I'm uploading a vid as we speak. So anyone unfamiliar can see it.

Great, I find a move on my own and it absolutely sucks -_-'.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Too bad that you can't Blizzard or Ice Shot out of it. There is one thing I should note: you can still perform this "desynched" Squall Hammer a couple times in a row to further get Nana desynched. It's not really practical in the heat of battle, but you get the idea.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I thought this was like discovered a long time ago, because it might have happened to all of us.

And what the previous post said, you can also do this with Blizzard and Ice Shot, and after doing those moves, they're desynched. Two Ice Climbers doing a Squall and two doing Belay without a tether, and you can do that with a trick. <3 The trick is... move Nana a bit and face where Popo is facing, they should face each other and do desynched Belay. Lulz. There's more than that though, I think.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I thought this was like discovered a long time ago, because it might have happened to all of us.

And what the previous post said, you can also do this with Blizzard and Ice Shot, and after doing those moves, they're desynched. Two Ice Climbers doing a Squall and two doing Belay without a tether, and you can do that with a trick. <3 The trick is... move Nana a bit and face where Popo is facing, they should face each other and do desynched Belay. Lulz. There's more than that though, I think.
Just to make sure, do you mean using Ice Shot or Blizzard after a single shield-drop-desynched Squall Hammer will get them further desynched? Because I'm testing this and it doesn't seem to work either.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Just to make sure, do you mean using Ice Shot or Blizzard after a single shield-drop-desynched Squall Hammer will get them further desynched? Because I'm testing this and it doesn't seem to work either.
Uh... yeah, I meant after using Ice Shot or Blizzard, and then another special move, they're desynched.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Okay, if I understand this desynch correctly, then this shouldn't work with any other moves. Here's my guess about what's going on:

When you drop the shield, since Nana's commands are delayed a bit, there should be something like 6 frames where Popo is standing there and Nana is still shielding. If you tell Popo to side+B or up+B, then Nana won't be available for the dual IC version of the move since she's still in her shield, so Popo will just do the solo IC variant. Nana should then do the same thing a few frames later.
Yup,

Its just like in when nana is already doing an action and you try to teleport her to you with a side b or up b.
lol don't be so hard on yourself! :laugh:
lol.

Top Bottom