• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Dash-to-Smash tech(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrekTheFourth

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody, first post here on Smashboards.

Just recently got really into PM with my roommates and buddies, and decided to learn more about the game's different tech to better humiliate my friends. I have found something similar to what I think was called dash canceling?

Anyways, rather than inputing 'down' mid dash to allow for C-stick smashes etc., I've learned that characters like Marth who have a solid "dash" animation before going full sprint can greatly increase their smash attack range with a little tech.

If you just tap the left stick to run repeatedly without ever going full sprint, you can dash across the ground rather than going into a mad sprint at the enemy and being forced to do a dash attack. What I learned is that you can immediately C-stick a smash directly after ending one dash spurt and beginning another dash spurt.

So, what you pretty much do is:

DASH + DASH--and then immediately as your next dash begins--C-STICK.

Sorry if this sounds all wiggidy womp or if it isn't consistent enough across different characters (I've only tried Marth), but this move has helped me get some pretty quick/lengthy smash attacks on my buddies.

And if this happens to be some kind of godsend tech that Sakurai has forsaken us from, I am totally the dude that invented this. And that would make me awesome. Oh yeah, and call it the dash-smash (DS), because that rhymes and it pleases my ear holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom