• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Corrin Tech? (Instant Pin Ledge Cancel)

SonDeathEater

Smash Rookie
On 3DS FG, I was playing horribly plus it was lagging a little, but I think I found a new tech.
Horrible iphone4 quality but here http://makeagif.com/I40fxN

Assuming it works as it normally would except now you can instantly act out of it....lots of set ups.

Slightly better quality because I actually uploaded on gifycat and showing an actual pin on an enemy on a legal stage
https://gfycat.com/GrayLankyGreathornedowl

Simple method to do it on Ledge;Instant Pin timing is off by a small amount to work:https://gfycat.com/FixedSharpBordercoll

Confirmed to work on platforms(No Known Method):https://gfycat.com/AridRaggedBlackpanther

Last edited:

SonDeathEater

Smash Rookie
How did you do this? It's not too helpful if we can't replicate it.
It's weird , but you have to space it near the ledge.I can't transfer specifics to the Wii u but the general idea is that I'm trying to use Instant Pin to the point where it's basically right at the end of the ledge.

What's weird is that the second gfy is not near the ledge at all(?)

So the method is right at the tip of the ledge

Actually , I have a theory that when dragon lunges hitbox goes through the ledge, that's why it cancels.

If the tip would go through the ledge, it will cancel.
Edits:Hotbox-> Hitbox

Last edited by a moderator:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
I think it has something to do with the ledge of the stage...

Thats my hypothosis on how this COULD work...

Will try out your theory of the tip going through the ledge autocancels.

Last edited:

MUGISTRONG

Smash Rookie
It is possible on Wii U. I was also able to do it like 3-4 times over the course of 30 minutes with a friend without necessarily going for it but just kind of keeping it in the back of my head, so it doesn't seem like it's too difficult. I didn't react quick enough so I don't know if a follow up is guaranteed and although it seems the opponent can tech, they'd have to be expecting it to do so. The period between the pin canceling and them hitting the floor is so small.

ESC Artiste

The One Who Smashes All
NNID
Ember
3DS FC
1435-6612-4647
I have done this too, though I thought it was the physics engine freaking out at first. After looking more into it. It's seems like a viable tech. Hopefully it can find its full potential, as it looks like an amazing option for Corrin.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
After I read this I began to try it on my 3DS. I was able to successfully replicate it 3 times. At first I thought for it to work you need to hit the opponent but it seems that is not the case as I managed to do it without hitting the opponent. I still have a hard time doing it consistently though.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Couple of recreations on Wii, not even close consistent. Can't seem to see a pattern with it either.

Can only seem to get it with the walk-backwards-turnaround-pin. Is this a necessary component to getting it to occur or are others able to recreate from stationary standing and facing the ledge vs facing away from the ledge?

Last edited:

SonDeathEater

Smash Rookie
Couple of recreations on Wii, not even close consistent. Can't seem to see a pattern with it either.

Can only seem to get it with the walk-backwards-turnaround-pin. Is this a necessary component to getting it to occur or are others able to recreate from stationary standing and facing the ledge vs facing away from the ledge?
I have (without turning around) but it's just weird.Might be just spacing.Its also possible on platforms

Last edited:

SonDeathEater

Smash Rookie
Is this stage specific? I haven't been able to make this happen even once. :/
I've been able to do it on FD,BF, and Omega 3D Land on 3DS.Also, Omega Gerudo valley now.

I found a very consistent method.

You roll to the very ledge,roll away from it, and do Instant Pin.

The problematic issue is the instant pin.You have to do a very slight delay to the Instant Pin.
Once you get the timing though, it'll be very easy.

Note:This is only done on 3DS and no confirmation of this on Wii U yet.Id like someone to confirm the method
Edits: Specifics are inaccurate. I've also provided the method on the Main Post.

Last edited:

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I got it down. It seems similar to teleport cancelling in that it "should" work on any ledge.

mdoepker

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdoepker
I shall test this out tomorrow! I need to lab more with Corrin anyways. I know there has to be a way to pin cancel "reliably" so I hope we're closer to it

mdoepker

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdoepker
I've been able to perform this:
https://gfycat.com/LoathsomeTanAntarcticgiantpetrel

Pin does hit the opppnent but only if very close to the ledge.

It only works on stages with that kind of lips, like omega bf and omega luigi's mansion.

I can't get it work the cancel on stage.
Hmm, I can't see that being very practical in matches, especially considering it doesn't include a lot of the main stages.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Any more progress on this? I can't seem to replicate it consistently at all.

TLJedi

Smash Rookie
Actually, I've been able to do it not facing the ledge on Duck Hunt. I couldn't get the video, nor do I know how to replicate it. But it's not just limited to the ledge. Couldn't get video because of new patch.

D

Deleted member 189823

**** the infinites, that'd be boring as hell.

GearDragon

Smash Rookie
I've done this on 3ds in training mode any tips on keeping this consistent as the timing screws me up

Firedeth123

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure this has to do with how the stages on the 3DS are made. There are specific points on every omega stage as well as points on stages like battlefield. There are points by both ledges of the stage(s) where if you try to pin to them it will force you out of the pin instantly (it does not matter if your character is off of the stage or over it, you just have to hit a very specific point.) There are also two points closer to the middle of the stage somewhere around where the edges of the platforms are. I don't know exactly where the middle two points are or consistent ways to pin to them, but they are there, and they extend vertically to platforms above. Other than those points I don't think there is anywhere else where this happens.

As far as I can tell, Instant pin canceling on the Wii U version is impossible. There is canceling your state using the dog on duck hunt I think, but I haven't done much testing there...

If you manage to pin your opponent and cancel your pin you can combo into things like fair, nair, and down tilt.
It can be useful if you manage to land it, but it is probably the most difficult thing to do in this game because it requires you to be perfect with your spacing to hit spots on the stage that are invisible.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom