• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New controller!?

kevin222

Smash Rookie
So I read that the Guitar Hero 3 controller peripheral that recently came out is just a remapped and redesigned classic controller. Could this mean that you could possibly use this controller to play Brawl?

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
You want to play Brawl with the guitar? It might be possible, but hard as balls.

Speaking of hard as balls, I can't beat Raining Blood in GH3. It's pissing me off and my hand is dying.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
That would be SO awsone. To own all ur friends with a FREAKING GUITAR. Oohh the pwnage

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
You want to play Brawl with the guitar? It might be possible, but hard as balls.

Speaking of hard as balls, I can't beat Raining Blood in GH3. It's pissing me off and my hand is dying.
Yeah man, I'm getting some serious carpel tunnel from that one.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It would work expect for one little probably...

You won't be able to move XD

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
maybe with some mod, adding a dpad, you could. and that would make the ultimate pokemon fanservice :psycho: controlling your pokemon with guitar comands!!

then, the mod could be possibly done with a regular gamecube controller...

W.Jr

Smash Lord
That sound interesting even though may get

**** playing someone with that controller,

but that would be funny if you bet someone on wifi

with the controller

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sounds interesting. Would work better than using the Bongo for Melee (which was fun to try out I must admit.)

o6ograveo9o

Smash Cadet
its probably possible without customization. its gonna be the first thing i try, if it works i might think about using in constantly. it woudl be pretty cool to use and it might be even easier than the gcn controller or clasic, instead of having to push all the buttons witrh my thumb i could use 1 finger for each button except the orange one.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Me neither. ¬_¬

And I actually plan on attempting Brawl with this controller.
I've already figured out some stuff.

There's a control stick on the Guitar, as well as + and - buttons.
I believe green is right on the D-Pad and Red is B, but it could be the other way around.
A is yellow.
1 is blue.
2 is orange.

Essentially, the game can be played with the Guitar.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I've actually called using the guitar hero controller for brawl a long time ago. Everyone knows the GH controller is too cool for school. screw the gamecube controller.

MysteriousSage

Smash Cadet
I cannot possibly comprehend the awesomeness of someone owning in Smash
with a GH controller. Can you imagine someone walking into a Smash tournament
with a freaking guitar?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I cannot possibly comprehend the awesomeness of someone owning in Smash
with a GH controller. Can you imagine someone walking into a Smash tournament
with a freaking guitar?
Yes.
I CANNOT wait for this. "We Will Rock You" would SO fit as a theme song for that guy.

Top Bottom