• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Confirmed Alternate Palettes/Costumes [Japanese Release Build]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
does anyone have pictures of all the swaps? I'v only seen pictures of Firce Diety Link and Alph
Those are the only ones that had a picture taken. Though in one of the videos there was a maskless metaknight Kirby so that's also definitely confirmed.
Not sure why but they didn't want people filming it or taking pictures.

mark welford

Smash Ace
the one fox has in no way! no type of way! deconfirms wolf and I personally think this softly confirms him I maybe wrong but I maybe right and I hope it is the latter.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I find it rather strange

And Marth has 3 blue costumes, and Palutena has basically 4 white costumes (all of them are awesome though)

So some of these choices are weird, but there's so much amazingness in here that it makes up for it. Rosalina's Black Costume for example

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a picture of the Duck Hunt Dog costume swap's? I heard one of them looks like Banjo and Kazooie.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Not sure why there isn't more alternate colors/alts talk, because, with knowing the characters, all I want to see are how their other colors look, in-game and on the select screen.

After searching forever I have found all of Duckhunt's, Dr. Mario's, and Ness' colors (assuming Ness normally has his red, blue, green, and yellow).

I would REALLY like to see all of Wario's colors though, guys.

http://i.imgur.com/RbM82Ev.png

http://i.imgur.com/DhArgWO.png

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NesAlternatesJM.png

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why there isn't more alternate colors/alts talk, because, with knowing the characters, all I want to see are how their other colors look, in-game and on the select screen.

After searching forever I have found all of Duckhunt's, Dr. Mario's, and Ness' colors (assuming Ness normally has his red, blue, green, and yellow).

I would REALLY like to see all of Wario's colors though, guys.

http://i.imgur.com/RbM82Ev.png

http://i.imgur.com/DhArgWO.png

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NesAlternatesJM.png
Wow! Thanks dude! these are awesome!

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
So I've been looking around throughout the various character threads trying to find their alt skins, with sporadic success. So I have made this thread for people to post pictures or text descriptions of all characters so we don't have to sift through the forums for the alts.

Spire

III
BRoomer
  • Last Female Robin may be a Lightning (FFXIII) reference.
  • Green-haired Lucina may be a reference to Terra (FFVI)
  • and one of her costumes is a Tharja palette.
  • Last Sheik costume may resemble Impa.
  • Palutena's last costume is a Medusa reference.

Last edited:

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
  • Last Female Robin may be a Lightning (FFXIII) reference.
  • Green-haired Lucina may be a reference to Terra (FFVI)
  • and one of her costumes is a Tharja palette.
  • Last Sheik costume may resemble Impa.
  • Palutena's last costume is a Medusa reference.
Nice assesment, but green-haired Lucina is actually a reference to Tiki

Anybody have any info on Ganondorf's palettes, I saw a blue-skinned one, but that's about it.

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong is in it? Oh my god. I am super happy. For some reason I really wanted her in it. Sure she is just an alternate costume, but I think that's super fine.

Edit: Oh, it's just diddy kong with her colors. Oops, I thought it was like alph or the koopalings.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Anyone else find it odd that one of the Charizard palettes from Famitsu seems to have disappeared in the final game?

Spirst

the one fox has in no way! no type of way! deconfirms wolf and I personally think this softly confirms him I maybe wrong but I maybe right and I hope it is the latter.
Hopefully, even though he's not in it now, he comes back somehow.

I know this post was before the roster being confirmed, but I don't see how that logical leap was made regardless. I don't get how Fox's alt colors softly confirmed Wolf even as speculation.

Last edited:

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I still wanna know about though, is all the possible hats/outfits the game has for Mii Fighters.

I KNOW there is definitely more than just 8 of them. I'm just wondering how many there are total.....

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The black one on the far right here:

seems to have been removed or replaced with the washed-out one on the top right here:
I think what happened was that the Famitsu scans were taken on a stage with very dark lighting, which affects the way the characters look. It's even more noticeable with Greninja's colors.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I think what happened was that the Famitsu scans were taken on a stage with very dark lighting, which affects the way the characters look. It's even more noticeable with Greninja's colors.

It's a possibility, but how do you explain the black Charizard? The royal blue and purple are both clearly visible in both pictures, and they're the only ones with a color scheme even vaguely similar to the black one.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's a possibility, but how do you explain the black Charizard? The royal blue and purple are both clearly visible in both pictures, and they're the only ones with a color scheme even vaguely similar to the black one.
That does not look like black to me. Whether you take the colors at face value or imagine that they are darkened shades of the real colors, it looks purple either way.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That does not look like black to me. Whether you take the colors at face value or imagine that they are darkened shades of the real colors, it looks purple either way.
Black or not, it's still a different shade than the others, including the light purple, which, as I've mentioned, is already accounted for in both pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom