• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Confirmed Alternate Palettes/Costumes [Japanese Release Build]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Needs to have more than one source, or video/photographic evidence to be added here.

Mario
-
Black/Dark Brown jumper with white shirt and gloves: Basically the same as Brawl
-

Link
- Fierce Deity!:
-

Yoshi
- Black palette:
- Purple palette:

Fox

- Wolf Resemblance: Gray fur, Blue and Gray Clothes, Purple Scouter
-

Pikachu
- Gold's Cap: Wears the Black and Yellow cap belonging to the male protagonist of Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
- Party hat:
-

Peach
- Fire Peach:
- Black Dress:
- Daisy Palette: Brawl-esque, skin tone doesn't change :(
-

Bowser
- Blue Palette
-

Zelda
- White Palette:
-

Marth
- Orange Palette
- White Palette
-

Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong Resemblance: Same as Brawl - Yellow/Blonde fur with Pink cap and vest.
-

Toon Link
- Dark Link:
-

Olimar
- Alph: alternate costume - Name changes and everything
-

Pit
- Dark Purple Palette:
-

Charizard
- White body and wings with purple on the inside of the wings.
- Shiny Charizard: Black/Dark Purple, Wings have red inside
-

Rosalina
- Fire Rosalina: Red Dress with white rim
-

Robin
- Green hair and Green tint robe (Male)
- Yellow hair and Yellow tint robe (Female)
- Blue hair and Blue tint robe (Male)
- Red hair and Red tint robe (Female)
- Black hair with White robe (Male)
-

Palutena
- Goddess Viridi Resemblance:
-

Little Mac
- Has 16 different alternates.
- Has a wireframe version of the Hoodie alternate, as well as the normal Pink Hoodie Alternate.
-

Sonic
- Black Palette:
-

Mega Man
- Black and Yellow: Elec Man esque
-

Pac-Man
- Has costumes that Don't change his color, but his Shoes and Gloves change.
-

Here are the palettes for the starting roster

Will be updated as more info is gathered!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina looks HOT, well looks like no Cosmic Rosalina costume then.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Here's a picture of the Wolf-colored alt for Fox and a purple Pit alt.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the Wolf-colored alt for Fox and a purple Pit alt.
Am I the only one who thinks this Fox looks more like Wolf than Wolf looked like himself?

He just needs a scar over his eye and it would look pretty good.

Gonna miss (can't wait for?) Wolf though (???). He was (is?) such a savage

mark welford

Smash Ace
that palette looks nothing like wolf purple clothes, purple scouter, and grey fur 1 out of 3 does not make a alt for another character! that does not look like wolf in my opinion!

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Does anyone else find it suspiciously odd that Pit has an alt color with jet-black hair when he supposedly has a clone character with a similar build and design whose jet-black hair is one of his most prominent differing features?

Dragonspiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragonspiller
3DS FC
0748-2110-7145
Oddly I actually wanted to see pallet swaps and alts today!

Pittoo

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else find it suspiciously odd that Pit has an alt color with jet-black hair when he supposedly has a clone character with a similar build and design whose jet-black hair is one of his most prominent differing features?
I can see where you're coming there. The size of the portraits on the screen aren't exactly that big so not all of it is shown, but there are a few things to note about Pit's black alt that sets it apart from Dark Pit's.

Firstly, Pit's crown...thing in the alt is silver, where as Dark Pit's is gold. Secondly, the sash/scarf/whatever that's coming off of Pit's neck in the alt is purple, while Dark Pit's is grey.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's actually a costume based on
Hades
instead of Dark Pit. The color scheme matches, I think.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I can see where you're coming there. The size of the portraits on the screen aren't exactly that big so not all of it is shown, but there are a few things to note about Pit's black alt that sets it apart from Dark Pit's.

Firstly, Pit's crown...thing in the alt is silver, where as Dark Pit's is gold. Secondly, the sash/scarf/whatever that's coming off of Pit's neck in the alt is purple, while Dark Pit's is grey.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's actually a costume based on
Hades
instead of Dark Pit. The color scheme matches, I think.
Fair enough. Seems like it would be more appropriate as a Dark Pit alt instead, though. Just a strange choice to me. Like having Boshi as a clone character for Yoshi, and then giving Yoshi an alt costume with sunglasses.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I like having alternates that change the character like Alph and the Koopalings, but they shouldn't have stopped with them.

I mean we could have easily had Shadow, Silver, Galacta Knight, Blood Falcon, Ms. Pac-Man, Dixie Kong (Assuming leak is fake), Skyward Zelda, Daisy, Funky Kong, Proto Man and Dry Bowser.

I'm not saying all of those, but there are plenty of better options out there for alternate characters compared to Alph and Koopalings.

Last edited:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Robin

all I needed to hear

gamer8

Smash Lord
Thanks for making this. I like the Robin costume pattern that's going on there. Green and Yellow, Red and Blue, then there's Black and White for Male Robin so I guess maybe the last one could be Brown and Gray for Female? It's possible.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
I am really sad we didn't get a Dry Bowser costume, I would have never switched characters or costumes if we had gotten it!
At least the costumes of Charizard are sounding wonderful!

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Black wings as well.

MegaBowserDuck

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-5639-5708
Those are certainly great costumes. My mains in every game are- N64: :luigi64::samus64::kirby64: Melee: :kirbymelee::luigimelee::gawmelee::samusmelee::bowsermelee:
Brawl: :kirby2::warioc::samus2::gw::lucas: Project M: :dedede::kirby2::toonlink::lucas: Smash 4:4bowser::4pacman::4kirby::4villager::4megaman::4littlemac::4greninja: Also Duck Hunt Dog as the leaked charcter. Smash 4 looks like it's going to be the best one yet. Aside from Melee, of course. I will say Smash 4 has the most impressive roster. I hope to see it surpass Melee.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
So who else is going to main Link solely on the fact that you can play as fierce deity?
Not going to lie...never been a big Link fan in the past but going to be hard to not make FD Link one of my first five plays when I get my hands on the game.

A little disappointed though that there aren't more actual alternate costumes given the build up to them before. Was really hoping to see Proto Man and Dry Bowser at minimum (but I also think if DLC does exist new costumes seem the most likely addition so maybe we'll get it at some point.)

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
These are pretty cool so far. Nice to see Pikachu get Ethan's hat from G/S/C/HG/SS.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Robin
My avatar is playable! :chuckle:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Have we gotten proof of Party Hat Pikachu yet? I don't recall Zipzo mentioning it. I'd love it if it's back, though (although now I have to choose between that and the Gold hat).

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
does anyone have pictures of all the swaps? I'v only seen pictures of Firce Diety Link and Alph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom