• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Warning Received
Different fighting style? Unique? Is that why smash4 has 3 blue-haired sword-user FE reps? Marth was always boring and now it's like he's multiplying out of control, it's sickening. Maybe if an axe-user or something besides yet ANOTHER sword-user were... no, it's still too many when so many other series are still under-represented. But you FE ******* are clearly too self-absorbed to understand even that much.
I never said Nintendo has taken advantage of FE's cast when making Smash, dumb f*ck. I just said the possibility is there for the PMBR.

Like my CE Brethren, I'm blocking you. Isolation is the fate of the ignorant.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You weren't the first, nor do I believe Psykid will be the last. In fact, I brought him up once before either of you came to this thread myself. It seems he's just not a popular choice.

I like how he plays in SSF2, though.
He always seemed like one of those oddball characters who would fit in smash. I get a similar vibe from Shovel Knight.
Hopefully he's dlc for smash 4 or something :x

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Shovel Knight is a character that I really hope ends up in Smash Bros in some way shape or form.
Just too much potential to pass up.
The only thing i worry is that he would be all short and blobby like his art, instead of the lanky appearance his sprite gives off

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I never said Nintendo has taken advantage of FE's cast when making Smash, dumb f*ck. I just said the possibility is there for the PMBR.

Like my CE Brethren, I'm blocking you. Isolation is the fate of the ignorant.
Try to stay chill Psy. Calling names is just playing his game, and you are better than that.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Different fighting style? Unique? Is that why smash4 has 3 blue-haired sword-user FE reps? Marth was always boring and now it's like he's multiplying out of control, it's sickening. Maybe if an axe-user or something besides yet ANOTHER sword-user were... no, it's still too many when so many other series are still under-represented. But you FE ******* are clearly too self-absorbed to understand even that much.
I don't understand what you're being so hostile about. People can like Fire Emblem without being "self absorbed" and "********", and it's a large series with a decent amount of popularity. It's not unreasonable for someone to want to see more characters from a series they like.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Now I doubt he is a benefit to this thread.

#Blocked
Not sure if I'm in the right here, but is it fair to block him, considering that you are one of the vote gatherers? Technically he still has the right to cast votes.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I don't understand what you're being so hostile about. People can like Fire Emblem without being "self absorbed" and "********", and it's a large series with a decent amount of popularity. It's not unreasonable for someone to want to see more characters from a series they like.

Not sure if I'm in the right here, but is it fair to block him, considering that you are one of the vote gatherers? Technically he still has the right to cast votes.
It's not like they run this thread now...
Oh wait.

Imo, if he's going to be so vitriolic that the vote takers want to block him, it's his own fault that his votes don't get counted.

(Not trying to be rude to you, sorry if I come off that way though :x)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well honestly there are community guidelines that this guy is breaking. He is being hostile towards this community which is going to merit all sorts of warnings from the Admins and possibly temporary expulsion from Smash Boards. I hardly see any point in collecting the votes from someone who isn't following the rules of the community, since you have to partake in these rules to be a part of the community in the first place.

I'm chill as a cucumber now, guy just had me super pissed for a second.
Good good. I just didn't want to see you lose your cool and get into any trouble.

Last edited:

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Imo, if he's going to be so vitriolic that the vote takers want to block him, it's his own fault that his votes don't get counted.

(Not trying to be rude to you, sorry if I come off that way though :x)
No, that didn't sound rude at all. Don't worry.

Well honestly there are community guidelines that this guy is breaking. He is being hostile towards this community which is going to merit all sorts of warnings from the Admins and possibly temporary expulsion from Smash Boards. I hardly see any point in collecting the votes from someone who isn't following the rules of the community, since you have to partake in these rules to be a part of the community in the first place.
Fair enough, that makes sense. I hadn't thought about it that way.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
>someone else calls me a ****** first
>no one bats an eye
>I call them a ****** back
>blocked/banned/called the cops
classy forum, I assume this is why Sakurai hates your community enough to have made brawl what it is... and now smash4, lmao

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
jesus **** what's happening in here.

splat

Smash Lord
Damn it guys, I noticed standardtoaster posted in this thread and got hyped for a bit... only too see he was here to tell you to calm down.

On a different note, what do you guys think of this option?

I mean, it'd give the PMBR to give a proper moveset to at least one Ganondorf (without estranging the current Ganondorf players). He'd also be a heavyweight with two swords, which could make for some really interesting moves, I'd say.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Damn it guys, I noticed standardtoaster posted in this thread and got hyped for a bit... only too see he was here to tell you to calm down.

On a different note, what do you guys think of this option?

I mean, it'd give the PMBR to give a proper moveset to at least one Ganondorf (without estranging the current Ganondorf players). He'd also be a heavyweight with two swords, which could make for some really interesting moves, I'd say.
Speaking of new Zelda reps, can I just mention how continually salty I am that Tingle's DOG got representation in Brawl but Vaati isn't mentioned even once?

Last edited:

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet

You will see at the end of the video that the grass froze over from the "Frozen Explosion"

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Considering the reaction I got when bringing up The Masterpieces wit Warchamp, (a question and then lack of response) it might be safe to assume that both Masterpieces and the other loophole are irrelevant for now.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The most recent results were actually pretty recent, but we've reached the next voter mark and are preparing for another update real soon.

I'm on mobile, so finding the results will take a bit. I'll edit it into this post when I do.

Alright, without further adieu, our latest results! 300 individuals have now voted within the Clone Engine Character Speculation thread and we've got quite the spread here.

The format is of course as followed:
Name: Score (+1s, +1/2s, -1s, %)

Only characters with at least 10 votes (5 must be positive) are included.

S Tier
Isaac: 155 (151, 28, 10, 94.71%)
Ridley: 118 (124, 38,25, 86.63%)
Lyn: 88 (93, 34, 22, 85.23%)
Ganondorf / Black Shadow: 80 (104, 26, 37, 77.84%)
Dark Samus: 62.5 (62, 45, 22, 82.95%)
King K. Rool: 58 (54, 38, 15, 85.98%)
Skull Kid: 50.5 (40, 29, 4, 94.52%)

A Tier
Saki: 45.5 (41, 27, 9, 88.31%)
Bowser Jr.: 45 (48, 34, 20, 80.39%)
Sukapon: 41 (46, 36, 23, 78.10%)
Masked Man: 37 (30, 24, 5, 91.53%)
Sami: 32 (42, 14, 17, 76.39%)
Ray: 30.5 (21, 19, 0, 100.00%)

B Tier
Dixie: 27 (41, 38, 33, 70.54%)
Paper Mario: 26.5 (30, 37, 22, 75.28%)
Tom Nook: 25 (24, 22, 10, 82.14%)
Andy: 19 (18, 20, 9, 80.43%)
Samurai Goroh: 17 (14, 28, 11, 79.25%)

C Tier
Ninten: 14.5 (11, 11, 2, 91.67%)
Lip: 9 (4, 10, 0, 100.00%)
Toad: 9 (24, 22, 26, 63.89%)
Waluigi: 8.5 (34, 31, 41, 61.32%)
Hector: 8.5 (15, 21, 17, 67.92%)
Tetra: 5.5 (11, 15, 13, 66.67%)

D Tier
Ballon Fighter: 4 (1, 8, 1, 90.00%)
Slippy: 3 (5, 4, 4, 69.23%)
Red / Pokemon Trainer: 2 (8, 4, 8, 60.00%)
Young Link: 0.5 (4, 3, 5, 58.33%)
Plusle & Minun: -4 (6, 8, 14, 50.00%)

F Tier
Toon Zelda: -8.5 (7, 7, 19, 42.42%)
Krystal: -9 (14, 30, 38, 53.66%)
Gray Fox: -10 (3, 2, 14, 26.32%)
Pichu: -12 (42, 26, 67, 50.00%)

Sonic Tier
Tails: -25 (18, 22, 54, 42.55%)
Knuckles: -30 (17, 14, 54, 36.47%)
Shadow: -48.5 (17, 11, 71, 28.28%)

Notable mentions:

• Ninten, Balloon Fighter, Slippy, Young Link, and Gray Fox join the ranks.
  • Saki jumps to the top of A rank
  • Ray is still going strong with no negative votes, 100% approval rating
  • Lip is currently the same way as Ray, 100% approval rating
  • Skull Kid soars up into the S Tier with all the other higher ups.
June 15th were the last results.

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Anyone put any thought into new assist trophies? Considering if, say, Isaac were made playable, who would take his place as a trophy?

My vote goes to Chibi Robo. I think he's too obscure to be a playable character (yes, more obscure than Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and ROB), but deserves honorary representation as an assist.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Anyone put any thought into new assist trophies? Considering if, say, Isaac were made playable, who would take his place as a trophy?

My vote goes to Chibi Robo. I think he's too obscure to be a playable character (yes, more obscure than Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and ROB), but deserves honorary representation as an assist.
To me, Felix would make the most sense as an Isaac replacement. This way, it's just an easy model + voice swap and the functionality can stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom