• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: DeMille (Demiru in Japan) (from Tomato Adventure)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here are where the requests for DeMille are found in the poll:

Request #283

Request #246

I've decided to leave them in Japanese using Excite.co.jp's translator, because there was a bunch of question marks shown on my browser. Also, I didn't want Excite to translate it into English. Here are all the requests saved by the Way Back Machine.

Good thing you weren't permanently banned. I don't agree with all of your suggestions but that doesn't mean they are not original.
Well, they aren't really suggestions. They are theories.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I reviewed the same two DeMille requests, and noticed that not one, but BOTH requests told Sakurai to make DeMille's Final Smash move be the Tomato Robot MK. II. This still makes DeMille less likely at appearing in SSBB as a playable character. However, this can cause Sakurai to make DeMille use that move while being an Assist Trophy. Now the only special or historical thing about Tomato Adventure I could think of is that it was the first (and only original) AlphaDream title published by Nintendo. Koto Battle was AlphaDream's first title, but it wasn't published by Nintendo.

Perhaps Sakurai can add a character that has been mentioned at least twice in the SSBB poll (which DeMille is one of the characters mentioned twice in the same poll), because I have a feeling that the Animal Crossing MC will become a playable character, not only because it was mentioned twice in the SSBB poll, but also due to any town you live in being nameable in the Animal Crossing series, it was named "Smashville" in SSBB, and while the Animal Crossing MC is also nameable, it can be named something like "Smasher" or "Smash Brother / Smash Sister". There are more Animal Crossing MCs than any other in one town. I know there are more Totakekes / K.K. Sliders, Tom Nooks, Resettis, and other kinds of people like them, but you can't see more than one of them in one town.

In the previous SSB titles, when some characters are unlocked, and if they don't have a stage of their own in the game, you fight against them in a stage that isn't part of the series they came from, but is similar to it. For a couple of examples, in SSB64, Captain Falcon was fought on the Planet Zebes stage (which is similar to the Fire Field race tracks in the F-ZERO series), and Ness was fought on the Green Greens stage (which is similar to the trees of Onett and Twosom, and Whispy Woods looks similar to the exploding trees in the SNES EarthBound called Territorial Oaks, as well as Woodohs and Big Woodohs in the NES EarthBound). If a couple more Japan-only characters were unlocked in SSBB, then which stage would most likely fit the theme of the games they originated from, if they didn't get a stage of their own like Mr. Game & Watch did? There are some stages that look nice enough for DeMille and Claus, but I don't know which looks nice enough for Takamaru and/or Sukapon/Skapon.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Sadly, I think Demille might be stuck being an AT. But I can always hope he will be playable.
Quote repaired. Also, since both DeMille requests mentioned in the SSBB poll told Sakurai to make DeMille's Final Smash the Tomato Robot Mk II (as seen in this video), DeMille could use that while being an Assist Trophy, or along with his Gear Yo-Yo (if Nintendo of Canada didn't care to change the name of it, due to "Yo-Yo" being a name brand instead of a general term in Canada).

If Sakurai needs a Gimmick that DeMille can use as his Up+B move, then Sakurai can take one of the Gimmicks of either one of DeMille's three partners: Aretha, Sofubi and Rereku.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

There are some rumors popping up saying that Takamaru is playable, which might decrease DeMille's chance at appearing. However, it might be speculation. DeMille still has a good chance at appearing, mainly because of his potential and the two requests Sakurai was interested in. Some of DeMille's Gimmicks not only can be used as his Special B-Button moves, but some can also be used as his Smash A-Button moves. For example, DeMille's Tail Bun Bun/Tanooki Tail Gimmick can be his Down+A Smash move. I forgot to add it to the video showing DeMille's Gimmicks that I uploaded. What would Takamaru's Smash A-Button moves be? Just plain, old katana slashes that are similar to the Smash A-Button moves by other swordsman? Probably, but if Sakurai wants a character with a good, extraordinary move set, then he'll probably choose DeMille over Takamaru, because Takamaru is a little generic. Even though, more Takamaru requests were interesting in Sakurai's opinion than the DeMille requests, while Tomato Adventure probably didn't sell well enough and/or didn't become popular enough, both DeMille requested that Sakurai was interested in gave very good information. One of them told Sakurai how interesting and fun Tomato Adventure is, while the other gave several ideas on how DeMille should fight in SSBB. Also, there are a lot more official Tomato Adventure artworks and characters than there are Nazo no Murasame-jo ones, which they can be used as Stickers, Trophies and/or even Assist Trophies. I understand that SSBB needs more characters that are less wacky and childish, but I don't see any stages that would fit the style of the Nazo no Murasame-jo castles and areas, if Takamaru didn't get a stage of his own. There are plenty of stages that are similar to the style of the Tomato Adventure world, like Green Greens. If neither of them entered, then it would probably be someone from a recently released or upcoming Japan-only title, like Satoru from Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero or the protagonist (main character) of either Soma Bringer or ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat.

Top Bottom