• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character #2 Makes an Entrance!

K

Kinnikuman

I think stamina = Attack power.
Like it won’t actually hurt each character just make there power degenerate over time

K

Kinnikuman

Sorry 4 that post I didn’t c the thing in the devil topic.
Maybe the stamina is actually a health bar.
That would stink

S

Sneaky 2.0

Imagine if it were a health bar. What would they do for Stamina Mode if that came back?

K

Kinnikuman

probably the same as b4 I never played stamina mode, mostly stocked matches.

G

Gamer Blue

Stamina is like Master Hands health so I don’t think that is it. I think like their attack power goes down.

G

Gamer Blue

Also because they have the same damage counter according to Sakurai. So they wouldn’t gain health. It’s very simple.

S

Sneaky 2.0

That’s great, Victor. I’ll be sure to put him in for you, okay? -_-;

They might nerf Charizard.

S

Sneaky 2.0

I mean, they might use the excuse that he has wings to make him lighter.

L

Lava

MIC!!!

(I shout because I doubt you can hear me above the cacophony of comments.)

Why do you say possibly November? Just because they’ve moved other games dates up a week, or do you have some kind of suspicion?

P.S. You have the same name as my old grade school nickname, though I spelled it Mick.

K

Kinnikuman

Charizard being top tier is fine with me he is cool!
I finally registered on gamefaqs

H

homelessvagrant

Not so true, they could just give him horrible lag or weak flight.

S

Sneaky 2.0

Yay, Homeless is back. When you get the chance, lookfor Space Day.

When you say weak flight, what do you mean?

H

homelessvagrant

I’ve always been here, I just live on a different time table than most.

When I mean weak flight I mean either he either has short jumps or moderate to strong jumps that are odd or have a fast fall.

H

homelessvagrant

I da know, think Ness. Maybe he does some wierd flop when he flaps. It’s just possibilities.

K

Kinnikuman

Hey I just had a thought, couldn’t Aipom be playable because he’s so popular in the anime and seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to do.
When Charizard flys I say he should get just as much as say Kirby because we all know he has huge wings and can fly easily it would be kinda lame if he couldn’t fly too well.

P

Pikamander2

Sorry for doubling, but, instead of aipom, why not ambipom?

739, let’s make it to 1000. Q_Q

K

Kinnikuman

I was thinkin of ambipom but isn’t aipom more popular in the t.v. show I think, maybe it evolved….I don’t know?
Do u think this character is unlocked from the start? He better be.

H

homelessvagrant

Nah, I’m sure the startup lineup ill have Ike and red. The sign above the characters means nothing at this point but the fact that a newcomer is a bout to be revealed.

S

Sneaky 2.0

My reasoning of them being hidden is just that the “Warning! Challenger Approaching” message was used to signify hidden characters in the games. At least, I think that’s the exact wording.

H

homelessvagrant

I understand, but to me it didn’t mean unlockable person approaching but rather new challenger. Don’t jump into assumptions Sneaky.

K

Kinnikuman

I agree with u 100% homeless that’s what i thought it meant too.

K

Kinnikuman

I hope the stamina isn’t so bad I won’t want to be the character.
I would be so happy if they said it just weakens attack power.

K

Karleko

Weakening the attack power is also an idea. Or the stamina thing could just mean your character gets slower or you fly away faster even though you percent is low.

K

Kinnikuman

Anything that doesn’t make it so u have to be a different character is fine by me.

S

Sneaky 2.0

Yes, we don’t want Pokemon Trainer to suddenly become Bottom Tier just because the match lasts longer than one stock.

H

homelessvagrant

Or maybe the pokemon have an individual life bar that depletes when hit. When it reaches zero red calls that pokemon back and sends out another one, the other poke is unusable until Red loses a stock. So if you use squirtle to often and reach zero on stanima, squirte is called back and ivysaur gets sent out. when doing poke change you find it impossible to call back out squirtle. Sounds resonable

K

Kinnikuman

Yeah I like that system homeless. It makes alot of sense.
Ya’know I’m telling you right now that homeless I think u just pegged it straight on that’s how it will work.

K

Kinnikuman

Btw I think this character will be available from the start of the game because I believe if Sakurai was going to reveal unlockable characters wouldn’t he have confirmed Metaknight first?
Unlockable Characters in melee weren’t revealed untill after the game was out so why would it be different 4 brawl?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
750 someodd responses, whoa. Love the idea, best add ever. Unique, original, and definitely worth it [so long as Lucario joins the roster, and Mewtwo and Jiggs return1 :D]. That would rock! :)

K

Kinnikuman

Sneaky that stament was what had no logic.
I say that Unlockable characters that are not available from the begging will have another statement other than Warning Challenger approaching.
Like if they are not unlocked from the start Sakurai would say so.
PT just has the Challenger Approaching thing because he is new to Super Smash Bros, entirely

Top Bottom