• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger #2's Special Moves

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Got back from school and liked the update. I say that for edgeguarding his Up-B, if he's trying to sweetspot, grab the edge. If he isn't just wait for his attack to end and punish him from there. Squirtle's going to be a light character, so he'll be easy to KO. Charizard's B move was like a "No duh!" kind of move to me. All in all, I liked the update. Pokemon Trainer players, watch out for me because I'm coming to get you!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I just realized, PT has no Down Special moves. I have a feeling thats part 1.

Also, I'm glad mods are doing these threads. Less spam, and its pretty nice to have their views for it too.

Has anyone noticed the rock is very polygon like? Thats pretty lame, for a killer graphic game like Brawl. Sure it shows the rocky parts but I expected it to look a bit more Rock-Like.

Okay. I have invented 3 last moves for the pokemon.

Squirtle: Standard Special, Skull Bash. Squirtles Signature Clincher from the TV show. Skull Bashes the opponent straight into the ground, kinda like Ness's Up Air. 10-15% dmg. Bad lag. Kinda like Marios N64 Up-Hard Tap-A.

Ivysaur: Side Special: Razor Leaf. Ivysaur shoots razor-sharp leaves, depending how many times you tap B. (It'll keep shooting 1-10 times, then eventually it will get tired and stop) Kinda like Fox's blaster I guess. 1-2% dmg for each shot.

Charizard: Up Special, Seismic Toss. Clincher from the TV show again. It starts off as a flap of its wings into the air and grabs the opponent if close, much like Falcon's Leap move. He lifts him up a bit and slams him into the ground. You could say it'd be like Kirby's Cutter.
Also, if they want, while Charizard is picking him up, he can bite him once, (6% dmg) and then slam him into the ground. (7% dmg)

Shadow_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Rock Smash

Where does the rock come from?
The ground?
Does that mean he'll have invulnerability while he pick up the rock??
And while he's preparing to headbutt?!?

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Squirtles Up B looks amazing, hope its fast so it can be a surprise attack otherwise it''ll be too perdictable and easy to avoid.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I feel weird about this update cause I predicted almost all the moves (didn't expect Rock Smash)

I'm mad cause they didn't show Charizard's up B and that's what I am curious about...

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see myself using Pokemon Trainer. My main reason is it kinda forces you to play with all three Pokemon with this whole stamina thing when I would just like to get good with one of them (Squirtle).

I figure the best way to use Trainer would be to switch Pokemon every time you kill a opponent, so your Pokemon stay refreshed and your opponent doesn't get used to fighting one character.

My mains: Link, Jigglypuff, Pit, Ike, Zelda.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Where does the rock come from?
The ground?
Does that mean he'll have invulnerability while he pick up the rock??
And while he's preparing to headbutt?!?
The rock will come from the upstage. If look at the picture Charizard is at a slight angle. And i agree if he was invulnerable while picking up the rock, I think Sakurai would have said so.

I feel weird about this update cause I predicted almost all the moves (didn't expect Rock Smash)

I'm mad cause they didn't show Charizard's up B and that's what I am curious about...
He probably didn't show the UP B move because he knew precisely that thats the move you'd want to see. Sakurai is a tricky one.

Kinnikuman

Smash Cadet
So is squrtiles withdraw move shooting water or moving forward? I'm sorry I assumed he was shooting water but I might just be a little slow.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
So, In ALL there are really 10 special moves...
3 per pokemon, as well as the Pokemon Change move.

Also, the water is looking AWESOME.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bullet seed spamming ftw! Also, in those Famitsu take two pics [it's a blog entry, btw], Charizard does Earthquake=Charizard's dB. When do we learn Charizards uB, Squirtle's obvious nB and dB, and Ivysaur's <B> and dB. Well...at least I have my favorite Pokémon Blastoise's [:009:] preevolution in it. :)

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Bullet seed spamming ftw! Also, in those Famitsu take two pics [it's a blog entry, btw], Charizard does Earthquake=Charizard's dB. When do we learn Charizards uB, Squirtle's obvious nB and dB, and Ivysaur's <B> and dB. Well...at least I have my favorite Pokémon Blastoise's [:009:] preevolution in it. :)
Down B switches the Pokemon. Squirtle>Ivysaur>Charizard>Squirtle

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
What is wrong with this sentence?

The fact he said becomes... in Poke'mon, evolutions are permanent. This isn't Digimon, where they can digivolve to and from a form.
Oh for god sakes, it's Sakurai where talking about...

He doesn't have to follow the rules...

Besides there was an Eevee who was able to devolve in the manga...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Ivysaur looks really bad....just like in the games.

All his moves look really unuseful.
I have to agree, Waterfall is the only one that looks beautifully designed but also could be any bit useful (minus recovery, which is the purpose of up-b's).
B moves are the end-all of-all for casual play, less so for competitive play, so it's not as bad as if sakurai told his their A moves all suck.

S

smashbrosboy

What?

The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

-from Smash Bros. DOJO

That’s nine in all....

This SUCKS!
Charizard won't even have an Up-B

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Thank god the opaque water from melee is dunzo!

EDIT:

Don't misread:

Pokemon trainer has 1 special move.
Down B: Pokemon Change.

Each of the 3 pokemon has 3 of their own special moves.
So far weve seen:

Squirtle:

Up B
Side B

Ivysaur:

Up B
Neutral B

Charizard:

Neutral B
Side B

We have yet to see Charizards Up B, Ivysaurs Side B, and Squirtles Neutral B.
This does not mean they do not have these special moves; That would be ridiculous.

The grand total of special moves for pokemon trainer and his team:

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
And if PT shouts a command every time I attack, I swear to the deity of your choice I will kill him.
Not once in any of the main series games has the Pokemon Trainer ever said a word apart from standard yes/no dialogs etc. Even when you meet Red in GSC all he says is
I second this action.

PT: Vine Whip! Leech Seed! Withdraw! Withdraw! Vine Whip!

Me: *Smacks the player's head next to me who chose him*
PK FIRE! FALCON PUNCH! COME ON!

Besides there was an Eevee who was able to devolve in the manga...
'nuff said.

Yes,this is probly the best POKEMON RELATED update yet. it is interesting wht the last moves for each pokemon will be..probly its a final smash! A DIFFERENT SMASH FOR A DIFFERENT POKEMON!!!
I sure as shootin' hope not. We already know FS will be a once-per-battle event. I'd rather they all three do something. Legendary pokemon? Not so much.

LBB

Smash Rookie
really 1337.
I just wonder if there will be an update of the other Specials.

off topic: is there anyway i can get a verification code thing get resended? I can only post in Dojo updates -.-

Ravenkikas

Smash Cadet
Lol

I believe I can flyyy
I believe I can touch the skyyyy
I think about it every night and dayy
Spread my wings and fly away!!!...

Lool

Ravenkikas

Smash Cadet
I like the idea about each pokemon having a final smash better than the idea of some other legendary pokemon apearring..
Shadow kirby FS list is great since it was rare atacks..
Final Smash
Squirtle- Hydro Cannon
Ivysaur- Frenzy Plant
Charizard- Blast Burn

if u think about it PIkachu FS is a kind of rare atack too right? I read this somewere.. someone correct me if i'm wrong plz.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I personally want Mewtwo as the FS. Why? Because he's a powerhouse, and could only appear in Brawl in this way without becoming a pansy. *cough*Melee*cough*

Not once in any of the main series games has the Pokemon Trainer ever said a word apart from standard yes/no dialogs etc. Even when you meet Red in GSC all he says is
So? That didn't stop Cloud in Kingdom Hearts. Plus, the trainer says nothing because YOU'RE THE TRAINER.

S

SuicideBomb-omber

It's really annoying

Can People Please Stop Posting About What The Pt's Fs Is!?! It's Really Annoying.ok We All Get It!

Squirtle-hydro Pump/hydro Cannon

Ivysaur-solarbeam/frenzy Plant

Charzard-fire Blast/??????????

Ok We Get It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SuicideBomb-omber

Hey Falcofuku69

hey wats up man. hey i hope you can forgive me for wat happend a while back...

Top Bottom