• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Box-tech: Kick Boxing

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Box-stepping.

What it is:

Really sexy.

How to:

As told from running to the right, from the left : Run forward, RAR, Bair, land as is comes out so it hits and nudges you forward, hold forward so you slide, before the running animation begins tap forward, slam the control stick back, c stick forward smash (2X stutter step), profit.

Applications:

Links well at low percents.

People don't expect it so, mindgames.

It looks really cool.

It doesn't afraid of anything, and moves you a nice distance, about one bowser length if done right (from landing)

Enjoy.

:093:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
hmmm...

this is actually pretty interesting.

RAR bair > stutter step f-smash

Possible only on low percentages of course.

still..

Boxob.

Smash Lord
It's still useful at higher percents as a way to land an Fsmash.

It may only catch them off guard once, but that might be all you need to end the match.

The bair doesn't HAVE to be RAR'd, but it looks coolest that way.

And that's all I really care about, lol.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
reverse aerial rush..

out of a dash, flick your joystick backwards, jump, and B-air.

one of the few things Melee doesn't have.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^But melee has pivoting.:(

Also, do any of you guys still play brawl+? I found an infinite with Sonic that's pretty interesting.:)

Superhacker75mil

Smash Apprentice
I've always thought the f-smash out of a b-air was kinda' sexy for surprises, but I never thought to super stutterstep it like that.

I guess that's because I'd only remembered that double direction stutter step method after seeing it here again just recently.

Cool stuff, will investigate. Still mostly mindgames, but neat. Anything that gives another f-smash connect option is good.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Hehehe... I've been using this for a long while. Ever since I started using RAR a lot. They just flow into one another so well.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
actually not bad. sounds like another thing to add to sonics long list of mind games =)

Top Bottom