• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Bomb jumping technique?

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Igonore this if this is not new, but instead of throwing the bomb in the air and doing up +B into. why instead you just drop it and quickly do a sex kick instead? My observation so fair that its easier to do, quicker, and if you hit it with the rear part of the link sex kick (the part that bends) it can go farther than the original. Disadvantage, you can go farther but it won't be as high.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, it might be new and useful, but I'm thinking that if it is, it would be used by Link players. It sounds like an interesting idea but I don't think you'd get as much altitude with that technique. Also, it'd be difficult to DI immediatly out of a sex kick. I think the main issue though is altitude.

I don't actually have smash out with me right now, just a guess. Maybe somebody can confirm if this is a valid technique or not.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
i compare both the up+B and my new technique, mine goes further if u hit it with tip of the rear leg, but since you don't get the height of the up+b, it does not go very high

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually, after the first time I watched a Link use the bomb jump, the first thing I did was see if there were better forms of it I could come up with. another one I found was using u-air into a dropped bomb, which doesn't work very well. As far as using the n-air, it works, but as sexy doodles said, really doesn't give enough altitude. I would only use it as a potential mind game off the edge when being edge guarded. Not as an actual form of recovery as it would be more effective to use the hook shot. The only time you should really bomb jump is if you know the hook shot won't reach. also, the bomb jump isn't that useful against good players since it is very easy to edge hog.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Mabye it can be used lik you use the sex kick to get some distance to make it over just far enough to hookshot (I'm thinking FD or FoD)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
This isn't exactly knew, it's just not spoken of alot. Me and Trevyn where talking about this about a year ago on the DC++ hub when trying to find ways for Young Link to bomb jump (Y. Link can also do this). However, the Links need to depose a double jump in order to perform this correctly, so it isn't worth it. The "normal" way of bomb jump is simply more effective despite the fact only one of the Link's can do it. I think Lord HDL also mentioned it in his guide (which is pretty outdated, so there's nothing "new" here).

You can also do bomb drop to Uair, Dair, and Bair. Bair and Uair seem to work the best for me.

ZABE

Smash Cadet
so when you drop the bomb you sex kick to hit?
sound good

Top Bottom