• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT

ADHD

Smash Hero
So diddy gets a slide after his dash attack if you hold the direction you are cartwheeling in. You can use slide forwards, or backwards depending in what direction you dash attack in. The slide is still maintained if you use a move right after it. Uses? You can use it to space the ftilt, or any move really, but the main use I found is this:

Dash attack to the ledge and immediately press down b. The result is a banana is plucked on the stage's wall and it sinks down and can be used to gimp characters with vertical recoveries like fox, rob, marth, etc. You can barrel spike them afterwards because most likely it won't kill them. It works on every stage.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
so basically diddy has momentum after dash attack? Good to know I wouldnt call it an AT though..

The edge guard could be kinda cool I guess, Does the naner stick to the wall and stay in the air more than it would if you just did a down B by the ledge while still on the stage? If not its not really worth it imo.

ADHD

Smash Hero
so basically diddy has momentum after dash attack? Good to know I wouldnt call it an AT though..

The edge guard could be kinda cool I guess, Does the naner stick to the wall and stay in the air more than it would if you just did a down B by the ledge while still on the stage? If not its not really worth it imo.
It is because it can help you gimp if you don't have a naner in your hand or out, it falls somewhat slow.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice! I just tried it and it works really good and is also easy to do =) I have to try that in a match sometime ^^

You can also use this to get your banana if your opponent doesn't let you pick them up.

Just doublejump back and do a bair and you catch it^^

The (L)aw

Smash Rookie
this is basically making a banana hit the edge and fall to screw up other poeples recovery. :laugh: sounds cool and good find. Ill try to use it in matches sometime soon.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
tested it and dude that is ****ing awesome O_O!!! it works evilly well :3 but sadly it doesnt help against snake and d3 >_< which i always face for some god **** reason.

The (L)aw

Smash Rookie
i just did this against my litlle bros marth three times in one match and he was like wtf? lol!!!!!! this is awsome:laugh::bee::)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Isn't this the momentum thing P1 found a couple months ago? Also I don't get it. If you do a dash attack to Down B, won't the banana land on stage?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Isn't this the momentum thing P1 found a couple months ago? Also I don't get it. If you do a dash attack to Down B, won't the banana land on stage?
If you dash attack to the edge and use your down B you will fall down while doing the down B. When the banana comes out it will hit the edge and fall down.

TreK

Is "that guy"
That's basically wat i said on general thread 3 weeks ago when ppl told me it was useless XD

You also gain this kind of momentum by crawling and glide tossing.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
If you dash attack to the edge and use your down B you will fall down while doing the down B. When the banana comes out it will hit the edge and fall down.

oh you fell down, didn't realize that lol.

Also for the crawling momentum thing. You can use that for SHDL from falco.It helps a lot!

Player-1

Smash Legend
IDK what Chrome is talking about exactly, but I think I know what he is talking about. My thing was glide tossing a banana and getting a little bit more momentum than usual. i think Chrome is talking about the 'B momentum thing' but IDK. Some special moves give you more momentum when you run off the ledge, the best examples of this are Mario and his cape and Lucas and his up-b. Diddy can do this with bananas and hise side b. When you use a banana you can smash banana a banana out and it will land on top of the stage, if you don't smash banana a banana then it will fall down right next to the ledge.

If that's what you're talking about Chrome then it's already been known, nice to know the dash attack momentum thing though, I'll have to try it out later.

ADHD

Smash Hero
IDK what Chrome is talking about exactly, but I think I know what he is talking about. My thing was glide tossing a banana and getting a little bit more momentum than usual. i think Chrome is talking about the 'B momentum thing' but IDK. Some special moves give you more momentum when you run off the ledge, the best examples of this are Mario and his cape and Lucas and his up-b. Diddy can do this with bananas and hise side b. When you use a banana you can smash banana a banana out and it will land on top of the stage, if you don't smash banana a banana then it will fall down right next to the ledge.

If that's what you're talking about Chrome then it's already been known, nice to know the dash attack momentum thing though, I'll have to try it out later.
You misunderstood. In simpler terms: dash attack to the ledge on either side of the stage and immediately pluck a bananana. The dash attack pushes you off the edge and then you pluck a naner so it hits the wall and falls straight down. It can help gimp some characters.

Luigi player

Smash Master
oh you fell down, didn't realize that lol.

Also for the crawling momentum thing. You can use that for SHDL from falco.It helps a lot!
Crawling momentum thing? How do you do that?

I think it was while landing holding diagonal down on the controlstick to crawl, but I don't get any momentum at all... >_<

Trela

Smash Lord
I've been knowing this for a whlie. It's Edgeguarding abilities are very usefull!

If you do that B-Stick thing or turn around real quick or whatever, you can throw the Naner away from the Edge instead of throwing it at it, though yoll already know this =D

=Trela=

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
You can get the same result with even using the dash attack, although it is much more easier and safer to use the dash attack to land the nanner correctly.

Top Bottom