• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT, although i'm not sure how useful it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
I found out this new trick with Diddy although from what I can tell its not very pratical. But anyway i thought i would share it with the diddy boards.

If your opponent in hanging on the ledge and has lost their invincibility frames, you can barrel spike them. Just perform Diddy's up B right above your opponent on the ledge, it will spike them, and you'll still land on the stage.

Also if this was already known than just disregard this thread lol.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Isnt he talking about UpBing above a character whos on the ledge after invincibility. First of all, most players know how dangerous it is to stay on the ledge too long and usually, if they want to stall, drop off and UpB back on or something. But Ive never attempted this and it might be more useful then I think

Sorry if I seem negative. I dont mean to. I just dont see the applications of this technique (which seems more like an application of a move than a new AT)

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Isnt he talking about UpBing above a character whos on the ledge after invincibility. First of all, most players know how dangerous it is to stay on the ledge too long and usually, if they want to stall, drop off and UpB back on or something. But Ive never attempted this and it might be more useful then I think

Sorry if I seem negative. I dont mean to. I just dont see the applications of this technique (which seems more like an application of a move than a new AT)
I am talking about standing on the stage and doing your up B above you opponent while there on the ledge.

Also I agree its not really a new AT and it probably isn't very useful but i thought i would just mention it.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Have you guys seen Advent Lee's new clips against Marth? He tries that a couple times in those match ups.
They don't work, but I think it's not only smart, but a good mind game.

Alpha Zealot also discovered to do this on staged like Delfino and Halberd when MK's, Snakes, Pits, or anyone tries to come from under the stage.

white peachy

Smash Ace
If they're going to let their invincibility frames expire on a consistent (predictable) basis, I'd just b-air them. Unless it's a weird stage that prevents stage spikes.

...Good players probably won't let their invinciblity frames run out often at all though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Have you guys seen Advent Lee's new clips against Marth? He tries that a couple times in those match ups.
They don't work, but I think it's not only smart, but a good mind game.

Alpha Zealot also discovered to do this on staged like Delfino and Halberd when MK's, Snakes, Pits, or anyone tries to come from under the stage.
lol, AZ didn't discover that, that is just common sense

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Just because you hit someone when they are on the ledge, rather than on the stage, doesn't make something an advanced technique.

I don't care that you made a thread about this, but don't call it an advanced technique. It is annoying.

I personally prefer a dtilt or dsmash when someone runs out of invincibility on the ledge. If you go for barrels and miss you will take serious punishment because of the lag.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I do this in certain match ups. Its good against Marth's (and other characters) ledge camping because they will either get spiked or their UP-B will release the barrels. Rarely do I ever get punished for it, you just have to be smart with it. Then again you can just do the safe attacks like D-Tilt but I do a lot of wacky things like this, just my play style...

-L-

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea as advent said u either be hardcore and do this or be a ***** and dtilt :p more or less xD. i do this instead of cypher grabbing snakes :3 it looks more cooler

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
****. I want some kewlio points...
Does my sig earn me any?!?!?

*crosses fingers*

saberhof

Smash Master
umm...>_>...pretty common sense xD, cause thats what the upb does lool =O..

and even if you get hit, you can still come back =)...

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
****. I want some kewlio points...
Does my sig earn me any?!?!?

*crosses fingers*
I don't see any sig? But you do use diddy so of course you get points lolz.

I don't know why, but I love advent ^^
You have a very Beastly name, but you know you luv Diddy Kong. I'm a scrub right now, so there's not much to like, but I'll get it back soon enough.

-L-

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
1. I meant like... if they were holding onto the edge. Sliding far would just make it look fancy. lol.

2. If they grab the edge that would set them UP for this spike. Wouldn't it?

3. I.....don't know much about Diddy to be honest lol. I'm highly considering picking him up when I get mah new Wii. Which is the reason I was even in the Diddy forums to begin with. =3

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
well, if they grab onto the edge, they'll get invincibility frames and will easily be able to avoid the barrel spike or be able to do a get up attack before you get there

it all depends on whether they have invincibility frames or not, and people usually get off the edge before they run out of them

it could work if you mindgame them to stay on the edge by throwing random naners at them then run in for the barrels

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I actually saw a vid where they did a single banana lock to Barrel Spike. I believe its a true combo but its a lot more difficult to pull of than the 'slam dunk combo'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom