• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Assist Trophy: Andross

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I liked this update alot, especially because we got Metaknights special moves as well :bigthumbu I'm really glad that Andross made it in some form.

EDIT: Although I think most people expected him as an AT.

Dave

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Gargomon251
Ok, then, where do you see the "four special move types" topic??
Who gives a crap? I know where I don't see it, and that's in this topic that I'm posting in now.

Gargomon251
I think people failed to read what sakurai said there. The versatility of the new special moves is one of the biggest steps up since the Forward Special was introduced. I hope for the type of diversity seen in Samus's Super Missiles, and not just minor timing changes.
See how the title says

NEW ASSIST TROPHY: ANDROSS

That means that this topic is about discussing Andross, not whatever the fug you want because you're too lazy to find/make a topic.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Who gives a crap? I know where I don't see it, and that's in this topic that I'm posting in now.
I didn't make a topic because I figured someone else would. Or I figured it's not a big freaking deal to put the two together, considering they came at the same time. YES I know the Petey Piranha/ Go K.K. Rider! had two separate topics. I don't care. It's late. I'll look if anyone posted a new one by morning.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I didn't make a topic because I figured someone else would. Or I figured it's not a big freaking deal to put the two together, considering they came at the same time. YES I know the Petey Piranha/ Go K.K. Rider! had two separate topics. I don't care. It's late. I'll look if anyone posted a new one by morning.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115024
It took two seconds to find that.

So I'm on topic: Andross is cool.

Revven

FrankerZ
At first, when I saw this update (I didn't look at the pictures yet) and saw Andross as the update my first thought was "A boss?" Then I looked at the icon "A character?!" but then I scrolled down and realized it was an Assist Trophy...ah...he looks cool though! I hope we get the SF64 Andross in Adventure mode or maybe Wolf. Oh yeah and this is Day Two of me getting another update right, yay! Item, Assist Trophy, How To Play, and Special Moves. I'm Godly.

Tanea

Smash Ace
he looks completely cool and here is my question doees the pokeball rule apply to AT.
i mean if im yoshi i and get andross will he hurt me or not

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sakurai sure played smart when he included one of the most memorable bosses ever. The ATs are sure going to be my favorite item.

Has anyone fought the classic Andross using the Hard route? Very tough when he gets the devil face. He shoots nova bombs out of his eyes constantly.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Retro Andross will kick total a s s! Who knows,Sakurai kind of left a hint saying that normal Andross might show up in subspace emissary.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Adross loks cool and im glad they decided to go with the classic one.
what I have noticed about assist trophies though is that with the ones that attack such as dr wright and andross for some reason in the screen shots it only shows 3 characters. where's the 4th? I doubt by coinsidence that the 4th character fell to their doom both times. I dunno maybe you can conrol certain assist trophies the ones who attack I think.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
The variety and quality of ATs so far is most excellent. I wonder how many there will be by the end...

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Hmm...if the monkified Andross is a boss, imagine using the AT Andross against it.

Mysteries of time go even deeper....

blayde_axel

Smash Master
They might not have AT's on Subspace Emissary at least in boss battles... because if they do announce Andross64 as a boss... come on! That throws the laws of psychics off SO much! lol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah i think there will be an andross boss in the subspace emmisary, cause if he wasn't going to be one, wouldn't you think he would be the AT, and not this version?

anyway, it's an ok update. if it wasn't for the four special moves update with Metaknight's moves, i wouldn't like this day as much, but it's a cool idea for an AT

blayde_axel

Smash Master
That would have been great, also... but I'd like him as a boss moreover... I mean, Star Fox needs an ultimate boss on Subspace Emissary... why not Andross64?

I'm sure you don't want Oinkinny. lol.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5

Look how big he is. Yoshi is standing on an upper platform and he's only even with Andross's mouth.

Tanea
he looks completely cool and here is my question doees the pokeball rule apply to AT.
i mean if im yoshi i and get andross will he hurt me or not
Most likely no, but why would you have to be Yoshi?

burrito

Smash Lord
Remember, just because Andross is an assist trophy, doesn't mean he can't be a boss. There's no reason to assume that.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
You put that twice by accident, Burrito? lol.

Well, you know for sure Star Fox has a (big?) role in Subspace. I mean, we've already seen the Arwing being chased by the Halberd. So, hopefully this is evident to having a Star Fox boss.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
This update provides further evidence to the "You control/are the AT" Theory - would it be that bad a feature?
You morph into Andross, and keep tapping A to produce more Panels?
Tap A to throw more Hammers as a Hammer Bro?
Knuckle Joe final hit - A = Rising Break, B = Smash?
Nintendog - A = Left Paw Up, B = Right Paw Up?
I'm all for it.

Top Bottom