• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Approach With Link? Bomb Sliding

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Ya i accidentally stumbled upon this, i had a bomb in hand when i tried to dash attack cancel with link... The result was interesting, he gets a slide like when he dash attack cancels except shorter. There also appears to be less lag time after doing this for some reason. The distance gained is probably marginal but it opens up possibilities especially since the bomb will force your opponent to put his shield up or sidestep. You can really punish em for it since you got no lag time either. Should help mix things up a bit with link's approach.

Additionally it appears to be really glitchy, in one of them link appears to do two throws, the first one is forward followed by an immediate upward throw even though he has no bomb. You'll see it in the last part of the vid i'll slow it down so its more visible.

Well here it is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7K0A1SlLU

Deva

Smash Lord
It's Link's version of the glide toss. I was showing it to a diddy player the other day and he was so confused since Link doens't have a glide toss. It can have it's uses on occasion like DAC toss to d-smash, but it's not much more useful than any other character's glide toss, which for most isn't that useful.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Deva:
Oh lol its been discovered already? Oh well, and ya i thought i'd just done his glide toss when i pulled it off.

Weenus:
With tap jump off, initiate a dash holding your control stick upwards at a 45 degree angle. During the a dash hit down on the c stick and then quickly hit z during the first few frames of the regular dash attack. The timing is tricky but once you have it down it pretty much sticks.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
For the DAC, you can keep Tap Jump on. Just rotate the stick upwards after dashing normally. =]

Personally, I would keep tap jump on so you have the options of UpB and USmash out of shield.

WeenusChu

Smash Cadet
Oh~ so it's boostersmashing with a bomb in hand basically. Haha, thanks, I'll figure it out from there ^ ^ Apreciate it.

WeenusChu

Smash Cadet
Er, not to bump or anything, but I was playing around with it and I had a few intersting flukes. Probably hard to imitate at best but entertaining.
For one I managed to consistantly throw the bomb up while gliding, usually by hitting diagnal up on the c-stick, rotating it to up... er. Thats about it for consistancey.
Other than that I managed to accidentilly input shields after throwing, at least it made a cool sound beacuse 4 of 6 times it powershielded on impact- Probably where I was throwing from though, the shield probably doesn't come up fast enough from shorter range and comes up to early from further away. I tried playing around with rolling too, and managed to roll backwards on impact a few times too.
The only really interesting fluke I got away with was throwing, the lag cut away, and I managed to do that moonwalky thing with his forward tilt.

I dunno, stupid stuff. Thanks again for the info.

Awesomeasusual

Smash Cadet
Some dude named cthene or something figured this out ages ago, but I guess his post is too old. He also has a useful bit on bomb sliding backwards which makes this tech actually OK I think.

Top Bottom