• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 56K vids! Epic matches, critiques appreciated!

alphameric

Smash Ace
man that was a dangerous ylink.
old link isnt too difficult, but ylink is completely different monster.
so great vids :)

edit: i find that parachute the platforms on stadium from below results in pretty easy ledgegaurds and a much safer approach. watching that match again i can spot a few places where you could have done it instead of fairing from under him

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
That's a good G&W.
Nice chair ****.

Hmm. It doesn't matter but, more Judgement Hammer possibly?

Aaron is amazing.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. It doesn't matter but, more Judgement Hammer possibly?
Common misconception, probably because there are no visible G&W players out there, but the hammer is more likely to hurt you than to do any good, especially when you consider that your f-air does more damage and is far safer. The hammer has occasional uses, like low percents on floaty characters out of grabs, but in general use, stay away from it unless you want to block an attack with it or know that you can get your opponent to run into it because it stays out so long.

It must be said: the Judgment Hammer isn't really useful. Don't use it in most matches unless you're behind (which you probably will be, since you're G&W) and it's a last resort.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
In the second vid you had 56% damage and for whatever reason, I found it funny.
XD

Common misconception, probably because there are no visible G&W players out there, but the hammer is more likely to hurt you than to do any good, especially when you consider that your f-air does more damage and is far safer. The hammer has occasional uses, like low percents on floaty characters out of grabs, but in general use, stay away from it unless you want to block an attack with it or know that you can get your opponent to run into it because it stays out so long.

It must be said: the Judgment Hammer isn't really useful. Don't use it in most matches unless you're behind (which you probably will be, since you're G&W) and it's a last resort.
I agree. The Hammer's actually not even part of my gameplay strategy, but I'll go for it when I'm ahead and can take the risk :chuckle:

It rarely pays off. lol it's so awesome to land a 9 but you're screwed if it's not (or if you miss). Plus it's RANDOM (yeah I said it, it's random. Random, random, random.) and I'd rather not try my luck :p

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
No offence 56K, you're one of my hero's for being so sexy with G&W, but that Captain Falcon was horrible. He's good at flashing **** that could be useful in the right situations, but he doesn't use it in the right situation. He did one shffl combo, but did it on a nearly empty stage, as you were across the stage. He moonwalked when there was no purpose. He didn't grab, and his recovery was horrible. Oh, and his spacing was garbage. I'm a C. Falcon player myself, and even though I'm mediocre with him, I could have done a better job. If he ever reads this, the chair **** could have easily been avoided by an initial wall jump to upB recovery. He would have gone over G&W's head, and been in danger of being hit otherwise, but he would have been on the stage.

Good **** though. I hope to play you one day, Mr. 56K.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol I can't say he was playing fully serious in that match...but yeah when I first started out with G&W I used to play with a CFalc main all the time, and he liked FD. So I got good at the matchup, lol. I've 4-stocked CFs on Final D who were playing serious, too =O

On a side note I still can't win G&W dittos lol. I lost a bunch vs SDM's G&W T_T

JPOBS

Smash Hero
G&W is a wierd char. i play him (along with 3 others lol) and i tend to **** my opponents 3stock, 4stock when i win with him. The way i look at it, G&W's attacks are like a wall of detached hitboxes. L-cancel'd properly, and you can lay down a barrage of constant ****. Too good.

oh, and that ylink is other worldly. I literally went "what the ****!!!" at 0:49 lol.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I've never seen G&W move so fast. that was awesome Smashing. That Y. Link is a beast! And I agree that Falcon, wtf to him.

Top Bottom