• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New 3DS confirmed for Nov 21st release in Aus/NZ

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I was half expecting the New 3DS to come out outside of Japan in early 2015, guess that I don't have to worry about that anymore. Has Nintendo been keeping most Australian release dates close to the NA/EU release dates lately? If they are, being able to get a New 3DS as soon as November would rock.

D

Deleted member

So, Amiibo is confirmed to be available for Smash Bros. 3DS in the future. Pretty cool.

I was half expecting the New 3DS to come out outside of Japan in early 2015, guess that I don't have to worry about that anymore. Has Nintendo been keeping most Australian release dates close to the NA/EU release dates lately? If they are, being able to get a New 3DS as soon as November would rock.
You said it, man.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
But what about AMERICA, the only country that matters?
America isn't even a country! I CAUGHT YOU RED-HANDED!!! (United States of America is a Country, North America is a continent) Although, it is a bit odd that the New 3DS is launching at the same time as the Wii U version of Smash 4. And while typing this out, I realized that OR and AS are ALSO launching on this date. So it's really not all that strange.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
America isn't even a country! I CAUGHT YOU RED-HANDED!!! (United States of America is a Country, North America is a continent) Although, it is a bit odd that the New 3DS is launching at the same time as the Wii U version of Smash 4. And while typing this out, I realized that OR and AS are ALSO launching on this date. So it's really not all that strange.
Hey by that logic, Mexico doesn't exist since it's actually the United States of Mexico.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
This is great news if the New 3DS is gonna be released early, but this is gonna ruin my budget, I was expecting it to be released at early 2015, ah well I will buy the Wii U first anyway.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I can see it coming out around then in US and Canada because of Black Friday being a thing.

In my opinion, it'll either be November or Q1 2015.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can see it coming out around then in US and Canada because of Black Friday being a thing.

In my opinion, it'll either be November or Q1 2015.
But isn't the whole point of black friday the discounts?

Why release a console on a day when people are looking for discounts? wouldn't you want to release it full price?

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
Interesting that they chose this day. If Smash 4 comes out here on the same day, then I probably won't end up buying the N3DS day one, but I may buy one after Christmas.

Also, I hope Nintendo Australia doing Nintendo Directs becomes a regular thing. We hardly ever hear from the Australian arm of Nintendo, so it's nice to get a special Nintendo Direct for us.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Odd that they still have no plans to release it this year anywhere else. I guess NoA figures they can make more money pushing the Smash Bros 3DSes this holiday and saving the New 3DS for later. Kind of stupid that they've decided to stick with the name in English-speaking territories if you ask me, it's going to cause a lot of confusion.

I'm still not convinced by it, I really want to play Xenoblade on it but it's not enough to justify buying a whole new system.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, even the Australian direct mentioned that Europe and US get it 2015. This is literally the first time I've been happy to be a Nintendo fan in Australia ^^;

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
$249.95 for the XL? translated to US currency that's 221 dollars.. So I'm guessing it'll be $219.99 here... that's a pretty good deal.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
So does anyone know why they get it first? Thats what im curious about. Im not upset just genuinely curious.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
But what about AMERICA, the only country that matters?
I really wish I could like Shiggy's like on your post.

Grats to you lucky people. Hoping that NA gets the same general release period, really want the new model.

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
Yeah, even the Australian direct mentioned that Europe and US get it 2015. This is literally the first time I've been happy to be a Nintendo fan in Australia ^^;
wot did they say it in the video?

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
When I first saw it in the Japan direct I didn't really care, but looking at the prices now I really want it. Looks like i'll be trading my 2DS for one. I'm not getting smash on 3DS but I really want that c-stick for MH4U.

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not convinced it will make that much of a difference in smash 3ds. Playing the demo I haven't noticed myself missing smashes at all yet. Maybe it's just cos I play 64 and i'm not used to the c-stick that I don't understand the big deal for smash. That being said i'll probably still be getting the new 3DS

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
YES, YES OH THANK GOD YES
FINAL, AUSTRALIA GETS SOMETHING BEFORE
AMERICA!!!

Ahem, sorry about that, it just such good news

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I'm honestly not convinced it will make that much of a difference in smash 3ds. Playing the demo I haven't noticed myself missing smashes at all yet. Maybe it's just cos I play 64 and i'm not used to the c-stick that I don't understand the big deal for smash. That being said i'll probably still be getting the new 3DS
It's actually a massive deal. It completely changes the entire aerial aspect of the game, which is pivotal for characters like captain falcon who is currently very difficult to use to his fullest potential due to lack of a c-stick.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
While I'm excited to see Australia isn't getting the raw end of products for once, I am honestly confused why Australia and New Zealand are the first target market after Japan. And we're getting it so much earlier that other regions to boot. Do we use handhelds more than other (non-japanese) places or something?

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
NO, WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE? Nintendo Why! Ah well, it's good to see that Australia is getting it this early, maybe we will get it January or something?

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Finally, Australia not getting left behind.

Hey by that logic, Mexico doesn't exist since it's actually the United States of Mexico.
Wrong, it's the United Mexican States!

$249.95 for the XL? translated to US currency that's 221 dollars.. So I'm guessing it'll be $219.99 here... that's a pretty good deal.
Knowing the "Australia Tax", it'll probably be closer to $199.99 or maybe a bit less.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Although i do find this a bit unfair, I understand that Australia get their stuff late usually, which I find a bit stupid =/, it's quite unfair that we have to wait till next year, i guess Nintendo is giving everyone else the Australia treatment lol.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Although i do find this a bit unfair, I understand that Australia get their stuff late usually, which I find a bit stupid =/, it's quite unfair that we have to wait till next year, i guess Nintendo is giving everyone else the Australia treatment lol.
The Australia treatment would be a massive price hike and waiting several months longer, so if it's released around March next year, it might be a fair representation.

ferioku

Smash Ace
The Australia treatment would be a massive price hike and waiting several months longer, so if it's released around March next year, it might be a fair representation.
No, that's far to unfair, because from what I can remember, Australia got the 3ds 6 days after Europe and America and the XL a month after.

January-February time sounds much more fair.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
No, that's far to unfair, because from what I can remember, Australia got the 3ds 6 days after Europe and America and the XL a month after.

January-February time sounds much more fair.
I was more thinking classic Nintendo, like releasing Brawl 3 and a half months after the NA release, and 6 months after the Japan release. That said, it's odd that Europe would be that far after us. Maybe it has to do with the amount of stock they can produce. The Australian market is quite small.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I was more thinking classic Nintendo, like releasing Brawl 3 and a half months after the NA release, and 6 months after the Japan release. That said, it's odd that Europe would be that far after us. Maybe it has to do with the amount of stock they can produce. The Australian market is quite small.
True. I just hope Nintendo don't pull something silly and release it like August.. I really want the new 3DS, I will buy it as soon as it releases.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
True. I just hope Nintendo don't pull something silly and release it like August.. I really want the new 3DS, I will buy it as soon as it releases.
I agree with you that will it is fair that us Aussie get some early for once, it will be very unfair if Americans have to wait another 6 months to get it.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I really doubt they would.

I still think Worldwide releases is the way to go, but still not happening it seems.

He's right though. Bring it to North America! (I'm Canadian)

Anyway, how is Austrailia finally getting something before the rest of the world and it's the New 3DS?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wrong, it's the United Mexican States!

That only proves my point further.

Not only is there no such thing as Mexico, but it's not even the "United States of Mexico". It's just United Mexican States. No Mexico to be found anywhere!

Oh and btw:

America
[ əˈmerikə ]
2. used as a name for the United States.

Slam. And. Dunk.

Last edited:

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
I believe the reason it can be released earlier in Australia and everywhere else has to do with the design. The color of the buttons matches the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom's controller buttons of those released outside of the United States. If you remember, the Super Nintendo's controller buttons in the U.S. were shades of purple. So I believe they might change this aesthetic to match the United States' Super Nintendo controllers. It would explain why it might be taking them longer to release it in the U.S. and it would be rather odd if they didn't make this change.

Last edited:

SaintChairface

Smash Cadet
For all the folks maintaining high hopes, the video explicitly states that the "American regions and Europe" WILL NOT be getting the New 3DS until 2015.

And to the folks crying "unfair", this delay is likely due to the increase the production quantities before launch. The US and Europe have much higher consumer populations. They probably just don't want this to turn into a microsoft or sony release fiasco where the only way to put a system in your crying kid's stocking is to pay some ass who bought 30 of them $2000 a piece on ebay.

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
It's actually a massive deal. It completely changes the entire aerial aspect of the game, which is pivotal for characters like captain falcon who is currently very difficult to use to his fullest potential due to lack of a c-stick.
That seems to be the general consensus, I just can't picture scenarios where I'd use it :S
D-air while off stage would be good to learn to do on the c-stick to make sure you don't mess up but I can't say that I've found myself pushing the circle-pad far enough to screw this up.

Are there any other situations that are clearly improved with the c-stick? I'm genuinely curious about specific applications of it and would like to learn when to use it lol.

Top Bottom