• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New 3DS confirmed for Nov 21st release in Aus/NZ

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
That seems to be the general consensus, I just can't picture scenarios where I'd use it :S
D-air while off stage would be good to learn to do on the c-stick to make sure you don't mess up but I can't say that I've found myself pushing the circle-pad far enough to screw this up.

Are there any other situations that are clearly improved with the c-stick? I'm genuinely curious about specific applications of it and would like to learn when to use it lol.

One of the biggest uses it provides is throwing out a B-air or F-air while traveling in the opposite direction.

The other obvious one is fast falling while doing an up air. Both are exceedingly hard to do without a C-stick.

Last edited:

SaintChairface

Smash Cadet
One of the biggest uses it provides is throwing out a B-air or F-air while traveling in the opposite direction.

The other obvious one is fast falling while doing an up air. Both are exceedingly hard to do without a C-stick.
The one thing related to this that still worries me is Robin's aerials. The c-stick should theoretically cause him to always use levin aerials, but what if you wanted to combo with some bronze aerials and then finish with a levin. He seems kinda screwed here as he can only have one at a time.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
The one thing related to this that still worries me is Robin's aerials. The c-stick should theoretically cause him to always use levin aerials, but what if you wanted to combo with some bronze aerials and then finish with a levin. He seems kinda screwed here as he can only have one at a time.
I've been wondering about that too. I see upsides and downsides to it being either way. I think though, smash are probably the better one to have, as the Levin Sword regenerates reasonable quickly and the extra reach and power is probably better to have when you need to throw something out now!

There is the slim possibility though that it'll register how hard you tilt the C-stick to control which comes out, but I doubt it.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
D-air while off stage would be good to learn to do on the c-stick to make sure you don't mess up but I can't say that I've found myself pushing the circle-pad far enough to screw this up.
Actually there's literally no reason to be careful about it. If you fast fall before you aerial, your fast fall speed will reset to normal once the aerial begins, so you can't kill yourself like you can in melee/brawl.

Last edited:

SaintChairface

Smash Cadet
I've been wondering about that too. I see upsides and downsides to it being either way. I think though, smash are probably the better one to have, as the Levin Sword regenerates reasonable quickly and the extra reach and power is probably better to have when you need to throw something out now!

There is the slim possibility though that it'll register how hard you tilt the C-stick to control which comes out, but I doubt it.
Comboing would be the only reason to use bronze, but we don't really know if his aerials will be good for that anyway. From what I've seen his back, down, and forward aerials probably don't really have any aerial combo value, but juggling someone with bronze up airs might happen.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Comboing would be the only reason to use bronze, but we don't really know if his aerials will be good for that anyway. From what I've seen his back, down, and forward aerials probably don't really have any aerial combo value, but juggling someone with bronze up airs might happen.
That's true. We can probably pull it off without a C-Stick, but the stick would definitely help. Honestly I hope they give the option to choose. At the very least I'd hope the Wii U version will have the option, but the 3DS has a rather limited control setup option, so that's probably not happening there.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
For all the folks maintaining high hopes, the video explicitly states that the "American regions and Europe" WILL NOT be getting the New 3DS until 2015.
Europe not seeing it isn't a big deal. NZ has the same region code anyway.

Are there any other situations that are clearly improved with the c-stick? I'm genuinely curious about specific applications of it and would like to learn when to use it lol.
Retreating forward air. You lose movement if you move the circle pad.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Strange for Australia to be getting something so early, and the date is actually even closer than I thought it'd be. Still, that's awesome for them and it doesn't bother me that I have to wait until 2015 because I probably won't be picking up a New 3DS for some time, I'm happy with the one I currently have and don't plan on using the money until the old one becomes completely obsolete or the new one gets exclusive games I'm dying for.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
'Patientally waiting for American release announced to be mid January 2015' :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom