• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 20XX tech- The MCC Dash.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Named after the Murder Circus Circuit crew down here in Florida, discovered by Gahtzu and Fearless, the MCC-Dash also stands for Mixed-crouch-cancel dash.

Yes, you can now dash while buffering crouch-cancel. All you have to do is dash while holding a diagonally-downwards angle. So down-left to dash left and down-right to dash right. It's not the full movement speed of an ordinary dash, but now you can advance while crouch-canceling.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
I don't see the point. If you really want asdi down when dashing you could just hold c-stick down after dashing. That way you get faster dash and better asdi.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Using c-stick down has the possibility of buffer a spotdodge if you're trying to CC shield-grab.

CC shield-grab has the advantage over CC grab because there's no possibility of having your grab come out as dtilt because you didn't let go of left stick.

But yes, you would be able to keep the movement speed with that method.

Last edited:

The Phenom

Smash Lord
For about 9 months,

I've done dash crouch jabs in my practice & play. I do hold on a diagonal(down) for buffering a crouch cancel so I can jab. It saves time on my thumb so it doesn't have to roll the stick from a unnecessary farther away point to make for a "crouch cancel"; hence buffered crouched cancel. I've also just used it for dash movement.

@4:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGo8Ut1MEPY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

^NOT FRAME PERFECT THOUGH

---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!:alien:

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah, this seems fairly useless unless you're trying to bait something? I've experimented with this a little bit but it doesn't strike me as useful. I'd rather just move out of the way, or just simply CC it.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Yeah, this seems fairly useless unless you're trying to bait something? I've experimented with this a little bit but it doesn't strike me as useful. I'd rather just move out of the way, or just simply CC it.
Maybe against a Marth, you need to get in, so you MCC-dash instead of dash-forward shield if you didn't feel like dealing with shieldstun + wavedash out of shield. Also the commitment if they didn't attack your shield.

Last edited:

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
it's mostly good for marth so he can cc grab out of DD
but yeah no full run speed looks kinda goofy, ghatzu and I talked about this for a bit at rom7
you can also hold downback (while facing forward) and you'll get standing jab if you hit a or Z. so you can CC jab. also useless :p

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Leffen has been doing this a long time, I know of. Other players I believe do this too, I do it(though I claim no measurable skill to high level ppl). During Dashdance,hold slightly down while dashing and holding down on the C-stick(for ASDI).

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Using c-stick down has the possibility of buffer a spotdodge if you're trying to CC shield-grab.

CC shield-grab has the advantage over CC grab because there's no possibility of having your grab come out as dtilt because you didn't let go of left stick.

But yes, you would be able to keep the movement speed with that method.
Um, since you're not crouching or pressing down, pressing z will always result in grab, so no need to shield grab. Also you could just let go of the c-stick.
I'm starting to like the idea of asdi though. Because why not press c-down when dd-ing. I cannot see any disadvantage.

Superspright

Smash Lord
The disadvantage is that you're ASDIing in one direction all the time, and if your opponent picks up on it they may go for multi hits since you'll be eating every damn hit.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
ASDI down does no harm vs any multihit I can think of beyond peaches d-smash, and that shouldn't hit you anyway if you are dd-ing.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD this just came to mind... wouldn't asdi down be enough to cancel falcos laser hitstun?
You could just eat lasers by holding c-stick down while dashing, then dash again + punish. Somebody test this, I can't at the moment.
Edit: I feel stupid now... It turned out you can't crouch cancel lasers, fireballs or pills. How did I not know this, I'm bad at this game. They propably don't put you in the air. You can however cc turnips with only ASDI to surprisingly high percents. I suspect this could be useful vs peach and either of the links.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Sure, but psing is hard and holding c-stick down is super easy. Tested pal marth a bit, and you can land cancel turnips for 80+ percents, boomerangs propably even higher, all while dd-ing. I think this strategy is super effective: you make your dashdance impervious to weak knockback hitboxes like jabs, some tilts and late aerial hitboxes and projectiles with zero commitment.
For example, you can land cancel falcons nairs by just holding down on the c-stick all the time. I think most falcons neutral game seems to rely quite a bit on nair usage, and this strategy could possibly render it useless.
Gotta learn to claw to effectively use this.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Sure, but psing is hard and holding c-stick down is super easy. Tested pal marth a bit, and you can land cancel turnips for 80+ percents, boomerangs propably even higher, all while dd-ing. I think this strategy is super effective: you make your dashdance impervious to weak knockback hitboxes like jabs, some tilts and late aerial hitboxes and projectiles with zero commitment.
For example, you can land cancel falcons nairs by just holding down on the c-stick all the time. I think most falcons neutral game seems to rely quite a bit on nair usage, and this strategy could possibly render it useless.
Gotta learn to claw to effectively use this.
Powershielding is not hard. Most people just don't know how to do it the easy way. I've been clawing for a while--it's the only way to play this game technically perfect IMO. Gotta play the thing like an instrument.

Last edited:

Signia

Smash Lord
Advance with ASDI*
or retreat...
Powershielding is not hard. Most people just don't know how to do it the easy way. I've been clawing for a while--it's the only way to play this game technically perfect IMO. Gotta play the thing like an instrument.
How would clawing make it easier...
OH MY GOD this just came to mind... wouldn't asdi down be enough to cancel falcos laser hitstun?
You could just eat lasers by holding c-stick down while dashing, then dash again + punish. Somebody test this, I can't at the moment.
Edit: I feel stupid now... It turned out you can't crouch cancel lasers, fireballs or pills. How did I not know this, I'm bad at this game. They propably don't put you in the air. You can however cc turnips with only ASDI to surprisingly high percents. I suspect this could be useful vs peach and either of the links.
You just quoted Magus saying you could in the qna thread:

"You can Crouch needles/Fox's shines/Falco's lasers/spikes/meteors to get reduced launch speed and stun time, but they can't send you upwards until they knock you down and go into a tumble, so you can't Cancel them by instantly going into a regular landing by ASDIing down."

Superspright

Smash Lord
Clawing doesn't help specifically with power shielding. Reacting out of powershield, yes. The easiest way to powershield is to hold down your shield button while you turn on your GC, and then use your DD to put your shield in the right spot--it's much easier if you pause it and check the frames at the beginning of your dash while shielding. You'll notice that it's highly disjointed from a run or a crouch typically. Ganondorf can powershield a lot of projectiles if he just dashes away and shields it--it covers a 45 degree arc across his back. It doesn't protect his legs. Marth has an exaggerated version of this obviously.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Yeah you can certainly crouch to reduce laser hitstun by 1/3 but that doesn't help by much. If you could real cc falcos laser, you could also only asdi to trigger it, but as it is you can't asdi them.

Top Bottom