• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nevermind

J4pu

Smash Champion
dont bother reading; read exousia's post

OK so I'm practicing the B-sticking laser thing, I put on 99 stock make P2 human and put on FD, and after a while I realize, oh **** my dorm's food place is closing and rush out.
I come back about 20 minutes later and 2 friends are in my room playing the game (Falco vs Wario), as I'm talking to one of them I see him get the Landmaster, my immediate thought is What The ****, everything is off. My friend tells me that had happened like 3 times already (after dying falco spawns glowing and can use the Landmaster). During their game it happens again and i get them to let me test it: Wario can NOT hit the smash ball out of Falco, had him get me up to 167 dmg before I gave up trying.
Here's any possible relevant stats:
started at 99stock (more coming after game ends when i can check settings)
Wario was completely slaughtering Falco (losing stocks like 1:4)
Falco was spamming side B like crazy
my friends are both on acid (which really has nothing to do with this "glitch")
The deaths where falco returns with final smash seemed random to me and it happened about 6 times out of 60 deaths (I was neither playing falco or wario so I don't know what was pressed during deaths)

I realize that second to last thing makes it sound like I'm also ****ed up and making **** up but I assure you I am 100% sober, and this DID happened

So yea has anything like this been reported before?

EDIT: [it happened again one time: side B from ground off left side, sounds of my friend smashing one of the analog sticks like he can somehow recover from the falling animation, he dies and spawns with the glowing falco and final smash characteristics]

READ 2 POSTS DOWN, EXOUSIA IS CORRECT

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
You probably had items on, but spawn at none

Therefore Pity Final Smash is still active(when you respawn and get a free final smash from having a severe disadvantage)

Also, Pity Final Smashes cannot be taken away.

Turn off Final Smash because placing Spawn Priority of items on none is not enough.

J4pu

Smash Champion
^-correct

you're probably right exousia but I was really hoping this is not the case I will be checking after the match ends
if only we could have made falco more broken with this

v-correct

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
yea, but it would then ban falco =(

Quote from Smashwiki
A Pity Final Smash occurs when a player is KO'd with a severe disadvantage in stocks/points compared to the current leader (thereby allowing the player in 2nd place to earn one, provided the gap is large enough.) This player respawns with the ability to perform a Final Smash. This Final Smash cannot be dropped by the player. Pity Final Smashes can be disabled only by turning items off completely. Setting their frequency to 'None' alone will not be enough.

Top Bottom