• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Never Going Back to For Glory...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Honnestly, this is way more better than the "For Glory" mode. It's more social, just by the fact that you can talk with your opponent. It's more organised, just like a tournament. And, you progress way more than the "For Glory" mode. It's really good, I recommend this place to people that wants to improve while still having that little part of humanity and sociallity in it.

10/10 would go there again. :denzel:

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I'll be trying this out when Smash comes out on the Wii U. It certainly looks more structured than For Glory.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Hey everyone, please give this site a try! It's such an easy to use, simple system. You will NOT be disappointed. For Glory is still convenient and fast, but smash ladders is a far more enjoyable way to play. The only problem with this system is that it needs to be more popular and known. :smash:

In For Glory, certain people are comfortable playing in ways that I'm confident they'd be embarrassed to play if it were in front of others. In my experience, many players in For Glory feel that they are not being watched and can get away with some very aggravating, petty play styles they likely wouldn't play/spam in person. This system doesn't guarantee there won't be players like that, but at least you have the option to tell them something about it, and when you're done playing a best of three or best of five set, you get to rate the players personality and give feedback. Features I'm sure a lot of For Glory players would die for at times. :laugh:

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Do you have to individually add people's friend codes one by one when you fight them?

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Do you have to individually add people's friend codes one by one when you fight them?
Yes, it's still hard to work around Nintendo's limited system sadly.
But the method they have there is very well done in general. And you can chat 1 on 1 with them in real time while you set up everything.

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
Yes, it's still hard to work around Nintendo's limited system sadly.
But the method they have there is very well done in general. And you can chat 1 on 1 with them in real time while you set up everything.
Following up on this, it took me less than a minute to get into a game. It goes a lot faster if you're already in the Online friends lobby in game when you press the home key to enter their friend code.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I played a friendly match on that site it was fun and the site was set up pretty well.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Huh...I guess if you're in the friends list menu already, it woudn't take long XD
I created an account, but I'm a bit nervous about the first time, since I'm so used to For Glory XP

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Huh...I guess if you're in the friends list menu already, it woudn't take long XD
I created an account, but I'm a bit nervous about the first time, since I'm so used to For Glory XP
I know what you mean!! The ranked matches have an online tournament vibe, haha. There are actually some really skilled players on for glory too though, so no worries! Just play some friendlies 'til you feel comfortable.. Would love to see more villagers! :D

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I am not talking about stage layouts. Sure, For Glory only allows Omega Mode (FD stages), but I like the variety of background and music ;)
Well if you want to choose FD you can just press X and then choose random...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I would as well, believe me. As it is, I can hardly learn from anyone except the occasional 1 out of 100 matches.

Also, thank you, I'll definitely attempt to try a few friendlies soon on that.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Hmm... seems interesting, although I'm really seeing most people in there are from the US, which is unfortunate as I don't really want to play laggy games. There is a significant lack of EU players here which saddens me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I am going to bump this to encourage everyone to use this site. It is, simply put, amazing.

Every opponent I have had has been great. The ones I beat I offered advice and friendlies and the ones who beat me did the same.
Generally speaking a great place to have tense online sets as well as extended friendly sets to grind out matchups.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I'll give this a shot when I return home today. I am kind of sick of the anonimity in FG. Smash is only half the fun if you have no1 to talk to or challenge again after you got served.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Sounds interesting. I'll try it out once the wii u versions out. Its seems to be more structured than for glory; Looks like I won't have to use AiB for wifi matches. Thanks for showing this. :love:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
So I tried it out, and I haven't went back to For Glory since. I've already played quite a few Friendlies, and maybe it's just me, but I feel as though I've gotten better faster than I ever would have if I stuck to For Glory. I think the simple thing of being exposed to a more competitive environment and having your opponent communicate to you really helps in itself. I haven't worked up the nerve to try Ranked matches yet, but hey, I'll try it out soon enough :shades:

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
This still isn't well enough known!! It's so useful and fun, everyone should be trying it! Whenever I find someone in for glory who's good, I try to play them as much as I can! But many For Glory players aren't interested in competition, they wanna win and get out. I've had many people who are good back out the first time I finally beat them, denying me opportunities to grow and improve. In my experience, when FG players sense you're learning and adapting to them, they leave. Anything to protect that % of theirs, lmao.

otter

Smash Ace
the main problem is that you have to add every opponent to your friend's list, which is way more time consuming that it should be. you should be able to just input your opponents information of the character select screen to invite them, but this is nintendos fault not anthers.

mahkan

Smash Cadet
the main problem is that you have to add every opponent to your friend's list, which is way more time consuming that it should be. you should be able to just input your opponents information of the character select screen to invite them, but this is nintendos fault not anthers.
Hopefully it will be easier on the Wii U version.

glasses

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2154-1222
Hmm... seems interesting, although I'm really seeing most people in there are from the US, which is unfortunate as I don't really want to play laggy games. There is a significant lack of EU players here which saddens me.
I know what you mean, but we exist! I just wish the EU section of the board was a tad more active.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Tried out the site, gotta say it's pretty legit. It's even better then the fsmash.org site we used for Brawl matches.

SmashLadder gets my vote. I'd say it even deserves some attention on the frontpage.

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
Tried out the site, gotta say it's pretty legit. It's even better then the fsmash.org site we used for Brawl matches.

SmashLadder gets my vote. I'd say it even deserves some attention on the frontpage.
I agree, tried it a bit myself today; was pretty nifty. I'll definitely be getting into it more once the Wii U version drops.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632

Yes!! Would be so happy if this got front page exposure. Haven't been able to be online lately but when I do get the time I see that Anther's Ladder is still not popular enough!!

Try it out everyone! What's there to lose? Other than the matches. xD

glasses

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2154-1222

Is there anything similar for Brawl matches that's still active?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Is there anything similar for Brawl matches that's still active?
AllisBrawl is the biggest one. If that doesn't work, then Smashboards(here) under the Brawl forum is the next best bet. I'm not sure if fsmash.org is still up.

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
AllisBrawl is the biggest one. If that doesn't work, then Smashboards(here) under the Brawl forum is the next best bet. I'm not sure if fsmash.org is still up.
I remember the days of Gamebattles way back =(

But yeah, AllIsBrawl is a really good resource.

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Gamebattles placed a hold on my account because my username was too long.

So yeah, can't say I remember them too fondly.
They were a bit strange when they still had GB rank (its now MLG rank)

They peaked and have fallen since then, even the forums are dead. Lots of people don't like gamebattles so I understand, after the brawl ladder died I moved onto X360 on GB and still played on AiB so I kinda had to get used to GB ahah

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
Gonna check it out. Really want to get better, and my IRL friends aren't very much helpful with giving feedback about how to get better.

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
I'm very interested in this, it looks like a great system!
I've already made an account, I'll have to see how it works when I get Smash this Friday.

I was worrying, actually, about how For Glory is probably be disappointing for me.
With a large amount of novice players and better players being lost once you disconnect, it seems like it would be really good only occasionally.
This way has a lot more potential than whatever (seemingly nonexistent) matchmaking Nintendo has incorporated, and I doubt it will frustrate me like using the forums to find matches has in the past.

Thanks for the information!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sorry guys im not too sure how to get a match started T.T.

Top Bottom