• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Never give up! Trust your instincts! - Fox video thread obsolete: Go to http://smashvods.com/

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Might as well give you an update.
Hey fellaws, I know I haven't been updating this thread as of the past 4 months, and I'm changing that, this weekend I'll start adding a bunch of videos, and you're all welcome to add in videos that I may have missed after Sunday.

Once again I apologize f or my inactivity, but hey college and my own gameplay took priority

edit:

Sorry, projects. Make that next week when I go on my reading break

Last edited:

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I believe this set is an amazing set that shows just how dynamic Fox can be. It also shows what the Bayo/Fox MU is like at a high level. Megafox ended up taking TGC7 with a 3-0 over MVD in this tournament, as well:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Jesus Christ the quality on that one is ARSE.

All new videos added will have a - new outside of them so they stand out

Updating thread over the weekend, Status:
Kawaii Kon videos except Finals that aren't uploaded have been added
+Finals were uploaded and added.
Pound 6 videos added
the 2GG Saga videos + False Awakens added
The Big House 5 videos added
Rediscovered Megafox's locals youtube channel, megaflood coming next weekend - And by that I mean the 7-8th

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
SCREW the double posting rule right now.

Hey Guys, Foster here, after having graduated college and paid rent I've decided to be smash active again, for a while.
So Update is going to be happening AGAIN

I promised a bunch of MF videos last time which I didn't put in, and hear my out, that will still happen, eventually, but probably not before the end of July.

As for EVO and CEO, I'll be adding those videos this week, and if you see any of those videos, feel free to post them in here, or PM me then, so I can add them.

Regards.
MOI

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I went to a local monthly tournament recently. After not playing for 3 months, I was very rusted. I still ended in 5th; I wouldn't call London Ontario a difficult region, but I was surprised by some players who had improved.

I'd appreciate some critique of these last 2 matches:
vs Sugar :4villager: https://youtu.be/jJhyRMjrws0?t=6m42s (I picked Cloud game 1 & 2, went Fox game 3 & 4)

Notes:
- I went Cloud because I knew Sugar to be a Mario player 3 months ago. I was not expecting the Villager. I will ask for critique of that in the Cloud boards (though feel free to inbox me if you have anything to offer).
- I was very nervous evidently. Did not line up my Shines by the ledge properly to reflect his jumping F-airs, and messed up trump opportunities and trumps. Also shielded a lot and did barely punished anything OoS.

I'd appreciate if anyone familiar with the Villager MU commented as well, and if anyone would point out any other mistakes I was making or mistakes Sugar made that I could capitalize on.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Now I'm not a high level Fox, so my viewpoint could be completely wrong.

- You were bit unsafe on shield, Nair can be quite safe on shield if you delay using it until almost landing, letting you buffer a jab or fast option, generally struggling to finish him off. In general, a bit too passive? You did almost time him out.
- As... there is some interaction with skid frames and shield from a run (I believe, not sure) walking more with Fox to apply pressure with getting close isn't a bad idea, allows you to get closer for that Nair OoS or Utilt punish in case he keeps throwing out attacks
- If you've watched Xzax vs. Ranai you'll see the MU being played out quite well, and also the importance of reading his Fair / bair pattern, as it allows you to Usmash.
- You didn't really get a lot off your ledge trumping (until the 1st stock on BF), generally you'd retreat away from the ledge when doing it to avoid the shield damage of the turnips, and in general should try fishing with a bit more ledge pressure imo, le 2 frame utilts, and generally there's never any need to charge Dsmash if he's above 100, since it can cause you to miss your kill in case they stall.
- If you're going to space the distance from the ledge, you might as well try using Dtilt more, if tippered it does knock them perfectelly up and combos into aerials

I just feel like you could apply more pressure just by closing the distance, but you played really safe.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Now I'm not a high level Fox, so my viewpoint could be completely wrong.

- You were bit unsafe on shield, Nair can be quite safe on shield if you delay using it until almost landing, letting you buffer a jab or fast option, generally struggling to finish him off. In general, a bit too passive? You did almost time him out.
- As... there is some interaction with skid frames and shield from a run (I believe, not sure) walking more with Fox to apply pressure with getting close isn't a bad idea, allows you to get closer for that Nair OoS or Utilt punish in case he keeps throwing out attacks
- If you've watched Xzax vs. Ranai you'll see the MU being played out quite well, and also the importance of reading his Fair / bair pattern, as it allows you to Usmash.
- You didn't really get a lot off your ledge trumping (until the 1st stock on BF), generally you'd retreat away from the ledge when doing it to avoid the shield damage of the turnips, and in general should try fishing with a bit more ledge pressure imo, le 2 frame utilts, and generally there's never any need to charge Dsmash if he's above 100, since it can cause you to miss your kill in case they stall.
- If you're going to space the distance from the ledge, you might as well try using Dtilt more, if tippered it does knock them perfectelly up and combos into aerials

I just feel like you could apply more pressure just by closing the distance, but you played really safe.
Thanks dude.

You pointed out my lack of d-tilt. I need to apply that move more in Fox in general, it's so good and I always get too worried that I won't space it properly. Time to hit training mode and practice it.

Walking is something that I don't use enough either, which should be used in order to make slight adjustments. Fox's walking speed is pretty good, I don't know why I don't use it enough, thanks for pointing that out.

The charged D-smash was nerves. I will not charge it next time though, it should be KOing by that point.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I don't know if people still use this thread, but if this post gets 10 likes then I'll update it with all the post CEO videos I can find lul

Top Bottom