• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral B from Squirtle good for anything?

IamElise

Smash Rookie
Pretty much all of his specials seem great, side b is a good approach move, and his bubble starts up tech chases and gimps. How would you use water gun in a match?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
It's Squirtle's anti-approach option asides from bubble. really really good think its better than most of his moves if used correctly
water gun is mi favrit

IamElise

Smash Rookie
When would be the right moment to use it?, Do you charge it fully and the use or just tap it?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I use full charge against certain characters (fox, falco) to gimp them. Onstage i mostly use uncharged as it has less startup/recovery and doesn't alter your momentum. sometimes full charge is good though so dont follow this 100%.

just try it out and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
It's useful for a lot more than just anti-approach. Experiment with it a lot. I look at videos of myself and others, and its clear that watergun is easily one of his most underused options.

didds

Smash Lord
Approach out of a shell sling and if used properly you can stuff a zoning Marth. Sometimes I'll use it as i land knowing that my opponent is going to try and punish the landing. If you're quick then you ll pretty much always net a grab out of it. It's pretty much squirtles only option with priority and range. It's also one of his harder moves to incorporate properly though so it takes getting used to

Last edited:

IamElise

Smash Rookie
Sounds like it's a good neutral tool, and it also has gimping ability, thanks, I will try to incorporate this into my squirtle

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Pretty much all of his specials seem great, side b is a good approach move, and his bubble starts up tech chases and gimps. How would you use water gun in a match?
Yeah b-verse is a great thing to do with it. And it makes people laugh when you use it in a combo, cause you just kind of barf on me for a second and nothing happens then you keep fighting

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Sounds like it's a good neutral tool, and it also has gimping ability, thanks, I will try to incorporate this into my squirtle
And don't forget after you she'll shift into a jump to b verse neutral b to go a little farther

Top Bottom