• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral B from a run

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I figured this out a while back and thought I'd post about it since most people (I think) don't know it's possible. During a run you can return the control stick to neutral and press B within a few frames to do a neutral B on the ground instead of short hopping it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
actually, an easier way to do this is to dash cancel (tap down) from a run.

I do it all the time with characters that actually need to do ground neutral b (most notably doc for me).

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i learned it. (not mucsle memory yet though) it seems promising.

dash canceling is not quite as fast with flare blade, considering the wind up lag on it.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
are we talking similar to a pivot? or something different?
Pivoting has to do with the one frame of turning around during the initial dash phase. This is out of a full run without having to short hop or slide to a stop first. I'll look into whether or not it's more effective than dash canceling.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Canceling your run by pressing down is not quite as fast but much more reliable than learning the strict timing for returning the stick to neutral.

Top Bottom