• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neuromancer's Constructs

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Hope you'll excuse the double post. Your work got me inspired in the course of my own build so I thought I'd drop off some of my work here! (Using Nibroc.Rock's render)

Full sized renders!: http://imgur.com/a/ecQ11
Yes, I did the Wartortle myself and yes, I am doing Ivysaur as well.
I'm diggin' the shades, how'd you do them? Those are some awesome edits.
Messed around with making a yarn kirby edit yesterday, and I took the opportunity to test screen recording while editing. It isn't much of a tutorial, but for those that were curious as to how I edit these, here's a timelapse that shows some of the basic techniques I use. Kinda quick and kinda rough, it was around 1 hour, 5 minutes in real time.

I basically just mess around until it looks right and go from there. I didn't show the recolor in the video, but here are the results:

Tried to do this pretty quickly so that I could make that timelapse video without destroying my computer. Normally I'd spend a little more time tweaking things, although I spent a fair amount of time doing that anyways. (mainly fixing places where I hadn't done a great job selecting stuff) I think in this case, I'd give the yarn around his body some shading/color adjustment and change the shape of his left foot's yarn a bit. Maybe try a version without body transparency because that probably won't compress well in-game.

Last edited:
I'm diggin' the shades, how'd you do them? Those are some awesome edits.​

The original renderer did one with the shades on, I got very lucky. My edit wouldn’t have looked anywhere near as good. I’m being modest but its more or less true. Ivysaur is coming out great, I’ll upload when I get home. This one will come with PSD’s if you don’t mind.
Edit: Looks like you started up a Hilda/Zelda alt, did you manage to finish it?

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
The original renderer did one with the shades on, I got very lucky. My edit wouldn’t have looked anywhere near as good. I’m being modest but its more or less true. Ivysaur is coming out great, I’ll upload when I get home. This one will come with PSD’s if you don’t mind.
Edit: Looks like you started up a Hilda/Zelda alt, did you manage to finish it?
Don't mind at all, looking forward to seeing it. Whoops, I completely forgot the Hilda color Smash 4 render! Thanks for pointing that out, its below, and I'll update the download.

Nibroc-Rock

Smash Rookie
:002::002::002::002::002::002::001:?

I had so much fun making these!! Its a shame I'm almost done with my build or I might be inclined to do more characters XD
RENDERS: http://imgur.com/a/EzSZr
Hope you'll excuse the double post. Your work got me inspired in the course of my own build so I thought I'd drop off some of my work here! (Using Nibroc.Rock's render)

Full sized renders!: http://imgur.com/a/ecQ11
Yes, I did the Wartortle myself and yes, I am doing Ivysaur as well.

I absolutely LOVE these, they look so awesome! ^_^
this is the one of the main reason I make renders to see people do cool things with them!!

I absolutely LOVE these, they look so awesome! ^_^
this is the one of the main reason I make renders to see people do cool things with them!!
You have so many great ones on your deviantart, I was inspired! I hope you'll consider lending your efforts in the future to the SM4SH modding community, we could really use someone with your incredible skills. One of the problems the smash modding community has always had is a skill cap for those as passionate about Smash as we are, as most of them are very young and just taking their first steps into game customization. I know you're more of a Sonic fan, but every little bit helps.

Nibroc-Rock

Smash Rookie
You have so many great ones on your deviantart, I was inspired! I hope you'll consider lending your efforts in the future to the SM4SH modding community, we could really use someone with your incredible skills. One of the problems the smash modding community has always had is a skill cap for those as passionate about Smash as we are, as most of them are very young and just taking their first steps into game customization. I know you're more of a Sonic fan, but every little bit helps.
haha it's funny you say that, I've been helping out people in the SM4SH community with custom renders for the CSS (because I want to help everything look fancy), you should see some of them in the future pretty soon

I may be a big Sonic fan but I've been trying to be diverse with my renders choices and doing other series to make other fan-bases happy as well

haha it's funny you say that, I've been helping out people in the SM4SH community with custom renders for the CSS (because I want to help everything look fancy), you should see some of them in the future pretty soon

I may be a big Sonic fan but I've been trying to be diverse with my renders choices and doing other series to make other fan-bases happy as well
Awesome to hear. I'm glad SM4SH is a decent enough game that its mostly only the cosmetics we want to change, makes things to much more carefree for guys like you and me.

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
I noticed that Captain Falcon got some updates from the Smash 3 and Smash 3C teams, and it inspired to do a bit more editing on the Smash 4 render. The download has been updated and now includes an almost done retro edit, and a Smash 3C based edit.

Final tweaks and recolor .psds still to come

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Do you still have the renders for these?
Download has been updated with the sonic alts. The colors are a little off because I tweaked them after making csps out of them, but they're on my to do list.
Also, can I post everything I've done so far? They're almost all exclusively done in SmashU style.
Yeah, feel free to post your stuff here. Same goes for anyone else with stuff to share.

Download has been updated with the sonic alts. The colors are a little off because I tweaked them after making csps out of them, but they're on my to do list.

Yeah, feel free to post your stuff here. Same goes for anyone else with stuff to share.
Awesome, didnt want to hijack your thread, but I'm excited to share. Because I know people wont want to make their own CSPs, I'll post both high-res and Wii sized CSPs for you all.

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
I've been busy recently, but I'll try and get a couple updates in this weekend.

Hi! Can i request samus and little mac next?:)
I'll keep it in mind, but I don't think I'll have time to do any work on requests for a while.​

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Hey! Can I use your Awakening Roy render for a Smash 4 mod?

Yeah, have at it. I started the edit by making the Smash 4 render have Awakening Roy's colors, so I might actually have a render that matches that screenshot a bit more closely. I'll try and find it later this week.

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon download has been updated with recolors for the Smash 4 render.

Hey! Can I use your Awakening Roy render for a Smash 4 mod?

Pulled this out of the editing file, a few rough spots, but its a little closer to your screenshot.​

KTH

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey, I made Melee Roy design for Sm4sh and I really like the render you made.
Can I use it for making render to Sm4sh?

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
ZSS is up now, it's not as complete as it could be, but it's all I've got time for at the moment. I mislabeled some of them as "Brawl-styled". They don't actually match the default Brawl ZSS, and are closer to the P:M style ZSS. (They're based off a hack I was using in my build.) Still have the Smash 4 heels and are missing a holster, though.

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Bumpin' - check the main post (post #1) on page 1 for a few small additions / updates. I've been busy and haven't had much time to work on anything lately, so here's a progress shot of something that won't be finished for a while.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
An update for the end of the week - If you haven't checked the main post recently, here's what's new:
  • new characters' renders available: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario, Fox, Falco, Yoshi (x2), and Ivysaur (sorta)
  • updates to: Captain Falcon, Kirby, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard, Sheik, Zelda, Olimar, and Mewtwo
  • updated Pokken Tournament Shadow Mewtwo edit (shoulder blade), and a set of renders/edits with the original tail
And I squeezed in a little more work on Link. If anyone can hook me up with a better quality version of Ivysaur's Brawl render, I'll update the download.

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
I started editing/recoloring a while back when the only high-quality Smash 4 renders available were ripped from the Prima Games guide imgur album here All the transparent background renders that I've posted up to this point have been things that I've cut out by hand from those images.

Well, it turns out that there's now an imgur album of all of them with transparent backgrounds! credit to reddit user Tetra-76 album here

I'll still be using my own cutouts, as it gives me more control over the finished edit/recolor/abomination, but I'll be linking Tetra-76's album in the main post for anyone who's looking for something I haven't gotten to yet.

New characters' cutouts from this point on will possibly (probably) be amalgamations of my own and Tetra-76's. I'll try my best to keep track of them and make note of it wherever necessary. As proof of difference between them:

mine(left), Tetra-76's (right)

This should make starting new characters' recolors or edits much easier whenever I finally get done going through / cleaning up what I already have.

edit: added a link to the Smash 3 render album as well

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Dedede has been redone in full size with Smash 3 / 3C renders. The download is missing some palette swaps (masked, shogun), but has a recolor.psd for all variations (shadow, shogun, quickdraw, and masked) so you can make whatever you need. And I just realized I forgot the design on masked Dedede's hammer, so that'll have to wait for an update along with the missing palette swaps.

Also linked the Smash 3C renders under "render sources" in the main post.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
A few updates
  • Meta Knight - download links are up - comes with Smash 4 renders and butterfly edit with a recolor .psd for both
  • Toon Link - Smash 4 render and recolor .psd are up, download includes outset edits and equipment variations (lokomo sword, minish cap, four sword, different shield designs)
  • Mario has been updated with the Smash 4 render and a recolor.psd for it
At this point I'm getting into things that were kinda sorta left unfinished. Some things I'll post - Toon Link's edits for example are a little rough, and certain things (like galacta knight / classic meta knight edits) will be left out until I make them look a bit better. If anyone wants anything that I've shown, but hasn't been included in a download because it's maybe unfinished, feel free to reply to this message or send me one and I'll put them up. If you want to edit them, I can also post my editing files if requested.

On an unrelated note, here's an idea for a mod:

I always thought Shadow Mario from Super Mario Sunshine would make a nice little Mario alt if Dr. Mario and Mario were ever split. Maybe make his fireballs look more like the paint/mud goop from Sunshine, and have a dark effect (the way that Evil Peach's side-b swaps hearts for darkness).

Just an idea (I don't really have the knowledge necessary to make something like this), but it breaks up the boredom of going through photoshop layers pixel by pixel.

If anyone wants anything that I've shown, but hasn't been included in a download because it's maybe unfinished, feel free to reply to this message or send me one and I'll put them up
Interested in Link and that excellent Shadow Mario. Are either of them in a state to be shown? Also, is Link getting a classic link recolor?

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Interested in Link and that excellent Shadow Mario. Are either of them in a state to be shown? Also, is Link getting a classic link recolor?
Shadow Mario is just that concept a couple posts up, but here's the full size editing file: shadow mario

And Link still has a bunch of small things that need to be done to finish him, but here's his editing file. It probably has most layers you'd need to make a classic recolor.​

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet

Rough remakes of Phantom Ganon's renders and a little bit of retexturing. I ripped off Smash 3C's OoT Ganondorf texture to get a smoother Smash 4-ish look. Also made some slight changes to the purple and green recolors.

There are still some touch-ups to do, but I'll try to finish them this week and post all the files.

Feedback, ideas? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman

Rough remakes of Phantom Ganon's renders and a little bit of retexturing. I ripped off Smash 3C's OoT Ganondorf texture to get a smoother Smash 4-ish look. Also made some slight changes to the purple and green recolors.

There are still some touch-ups to do, but I'll try to finish them this week and post all the files.

Feedback, ideas? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I like these.

Top Bottom