• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness or lucas PK starstorm

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
i main ness and my friend mains lucas. We are always in argument. Which one is better and explain why.

Brody2

Smash Cadet
Matter of preference really. Of course the people in this forum are going to say Lucas. Wait until the tier lists come out and you'll have something official.

PKstarstorm

Smash Rookie
i main ness and my friend mains lucas. We are always in argument. Which one is better and explain why.
lucas is more powerful and more efficient and therefore is a better character. lucas' PK freeze is an easier attack to perform than ness' PK Flash. lucas' smash moves are better too. everyone has their own opinion, however i approve lucas as my new character main and i will never change it.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
lucas is more powerful and more efficient and therefore is a better character. lucas' PK freeze is an easier attack to perform than ness' PK Flash. lucas' smash moves are better too. everyone has their own opinion, however i approve lucas as my new character main and i will never change it.
1st. That wasn't the question. It was whose PKSS was better.
2nd. Lucas is not better than Ness. Superior air game coupled w/ great dedensive techniques makes him better in more ways than 1.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
thanks, I guess there isnt really a concrete answer. Also does anyone know whose FS is better. I know this has nothing to do with tourneys but just in casual play sometimes we use them.

Professional Idiot

Smash Apprentice
Neither of their final smashes are exactly great, but I'd have to say Lucas' PK Starstorm is superior. The falling stars seem to just have a higher chance of actually hitting people. The star generation and placement code for Ness' PK Starstorm just doesn't produce enough stars that are placed conveniently next to each other. Another possible reason Ness' PK Starstorm hits less is because of its angled shape; it takes longer for the stars to hit the stage because it approaches it at an angle, whereas Lucas' PK Starstorm is completely straight.

PKstarstorm

Smash Rookie
1st. That wasn't the question. It was whose PKSS was better.
2nd. Lucas is not better than Ness. Superior air game coupled w/ great dedensive techniques makes him better in more ways than 1.
i am sorry. i still will not change my main and i believe both pkss are the same attack.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Both PK starstorms are the same? Lol, PKstarstorm (Wannabe, there's a user with the same name) You don't even know the difference between your own main's move!

Levitas

the moon
Matter of preference really. Of course the people in this forum are going to say Lucas. Wait until the tier lists come out and you'll have something official.

Currently tournament results rank lucas higher than Ness.

Also, PK starstorm is pretty bad as far as FS are concerned

Falcon...Puuunch!

Smash Cadet
It really doesn't matter that much. Neither of them are too great and the only difference is a slight angle. I'm going to say Ness's just because I've never comboed with Lucas's PKStarstorm. I probably could , but meh.

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet
Not to be a traitor but I think Ness's PK Starstorm is better just because it's harder to predict where to dodge. Lucas's fall straight down and Ness's come at an angle. They're both not too great because you can't control them. At high %'s (anything +50%) both of their FS's are nice because if your opponent gets hit by one, they're probably going to take a beating from at least 2 more. I think Ness has a better shot of making this happen though.

I don't play with Smash Balls on so I really never need to figure out how to combo with them.

PKstarstorm

Smash Rookie
Both PK starstorms are the same? Lol, PKstarstorm (Wannabe, there's a user with the same name) You don't even know the difference between your own main's move!
Well, to start, i am very sorry i coincidentially made a similar or the same name as someone else. there are probably many thousands of people on these forums and i think two similar names are not impossible. i have personally tested the pk starstorms and have concluded that ness' pk starstorm is better as it inflicts 6% greater damage and the attack falls with a different and faster pattern. again, i apologize for creating a similarily named profile and the reason i did not know about the attacks is because i only used the pk starstorms once as i do not play with items on. i hope you and this forum can forgive me :(

Wilhelmina Carmel

Smash Rookie
I don't know about anyone else, but luck often lets me avoid Ness' Starstorm when I jump up and stay a distance away from the narrow part.

Same for Lucas' but only near the end.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think Lucas's is more likely to hit since it doesn't fall at an angle, but Ness's is better once it does, both in terms of knockback and damage dealt. Personal preference, really.

Possibly unnecessary side note about Ness's: due to the angle, it won't touch the upper corners of the screen. Also, on larger stages like Bridge of Eldin, you can stand at the edge of the screen and twiddle your thumbs until the last star falls. Lucas's has no such safe spots, not even offscreen. (I speak from experience on this last point. <_<)

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
Well, maybe I'm the pk starstorm they're referring too lol. honestly, I prefer Lucas', but someone made a really great point. Ness's is hard to predict where it will fall, so dodging it can be very hard. I find that when I'm having a free for all with my friends, ness's always comes in handy at killing or racking up damage.

Mythmatic

Smash Rookie
The only difference I've noticed between the two PKSS's is that Ness's PKSS has a greater chance of killing you, because if you get hit by one blast, you go flying up twords the epicenter of the blasts.

Lucas's on the other hand has a greater chance of hitting, because it covers a much greater area of the stage, and there is A LOT more blasts raining down.

I prefer Ness's honestly, cause you can sort of increase the chances of the hit by jumping over your opponent, not too sure about Lucas's though. I don't really play with him that much

Top Bottom