• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness in Balanced Brawl (BBrawl) discussion

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
yeah melee is different to brawl plus. But I still think It would be more fun to play BBrawl then BrawlPlus. I wonder which one will catch on :confused:

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Please, don't say Brawl+ is EXACTLY like Melee...
Have you ever played both?
There are many differences between those two...

In melee, for example, Ness don't have that amazing PK Thunder that he has in Brawl+.
Brawl+ is also trying to balance characters.
Look at Melee most used chars: Marth, Shiek, Falco, Fox.... Is it like Brawl +??
People are talking about the gameplay, not the characters. The physics of Brawl+ are very similar to Melee's.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
No, they said that Brawl+ is a Melee 2.0, which I totally disagree...
When I exemplified those characters, I was showing the balancement.

And yes, both may seem very similar, but they aren't EXACTLY the same!

About BBrawl: When I posted it in Brazil's forums, almost everyone didn't like it... T.T
And I think that the top chars mainers wouldn't like to have their characters nerfed...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
People are talking about the gameplay, not the characters. The physics of Brawl+ are very similar to Melee's.
The physics are more similar to 64 IMO. Brawl+ is still really slow compared to melee...

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
First of all, no more Brawl+ talk here. This is BBrawl discussion, not Brawl+ discussion. BBrawl and Brawl+ have NO similarities besides the fact they both hack from Brawl to get their different results.

Secondly, I feel that Brawl+'s physics seems to be more like 64's physics but with all the new stuff added into Melee/Brawl like airdodge, spot dodge, multi-direction throws, etc. People who think Brawl+ is Melee 2.0 obviously have not put a lot of time into both games because it is easy to notice the difference between Brawl+ and Melee by PLAYING both, not by assuming things based on what you hear/read about how they changed the physics in Brawl+.

This should be the last thing mentioned about Brawl+. No more Brawl+ discussion in here, we have a Brawl+ thread somewhere in this forum. Someone (I might do it soon) can dig it up if they want.

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
So I am digging up an old thread here but I have been playing exclusively BBrawl lately and I love it. It is really easy to install and run. The changes to PK fire aren't huge but do help some. I definitely notice my bat killing earlier. I pretty much only use Dthrow to aerial now until KO percentages for bthrow. It took only one VERY low PK flash kill (30's) on my friend to make it a quite effective mind game edge guard.

I will likely only be playing this from now on. I play a few other characters and I am liking Zsamus even more as Dsmash to Fsmash (improved damage) is a great combo now. DK and Marth had minor or no changes. I do play a couple characters that got nerfed: MK and Wario. This is a little disappointing but it was too easy to abuse Dsmash with MK and Fsmash with Wario. I still play them and feel less dirty when I do.

If you haven't played BBrawl yet go get it and play it.

Also, what is so great about PK thunder in Brawl+ (I have never played it) and is it as easy to play Brawl+ as BBrawl (just insert SD card, etc)?

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if brawl+ has stack smash, but I've never tried it. I play bbrawl too, and it's fantastic. I love the subtle changes in Ness's play.

I've been contributing to the bbrawl development thread; it's interesting.

Top Bottom