• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness and Lucas.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
1. Your face is a nonstandard face. Meaning it's not in the dictionary (or if it is there's little asterisks saying it's ugly)
2. GOOD
3. k.

BURN

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
1. Your face is a nonstandard face. Meaning it's not in the dictionary (or if it is there's little asterisks saying it's ugly)
2. GOOD
3. k.

BURN
oh snap! a "your face" joke.. I walked right into that one >_<

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Din's Fire has nothing to do with Ness and Lucas matchups. So you can't spam it... big deal!!! If that's all someone is crying over about they need to stop playing Zelda NOW! or start learning some new moves rather than Side B.
I'm sorry, but that paragraph made no sense. If someone's complaining because they think that other people believe that Zelda's bad matchups are completely and incorrectly based off Din's Fire, then said person probably doesn't rely on Din's Fire that much, or else they'd completely agree with the concept that Ness and Lucas are bad matchups because Din's Fire alone will not beat these two.

Jeez.

Reading the rest of your post, I'm wondering if I should even bother responding as it seems like you've just skipped the majority of the thread (all of your points have been made and counter-argued by other people).

You do bring up one point I was noticing though. It seems we're all split as to whether Ness or Lucas is a tougher matchup for Zelda. I find Ness's airgame to be terrible to deal with, while others find Lucas's hitboxes to be the bigger threat. Neat.

And to Hedgedawg and Ztarfish: get on topic or stfu. My god it's not even funny.

PS: An apology to everyone reading this post... Had a bad day and I'm little drunk.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You do bring up one point I was noticing though. It seems we're all split as to whether Ness or Lucas is a tougher matchup for Zelda. I find Ness's airgame to be terrible to deal with, while others find Lucas's hitboxes to be the bigger threat. Neat.
Lucas kills easier and has the better ground game (and, zelda will wanna be on the ground most of the time) IMO... that makes him the harder matchup.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's quite the attitude you've got there. I'm not sure I approve.
And I did contribute, no one responded
CHILL
Agreement with Ztarfish here. This isn't a job. we don't have to be serious all the time.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
That's quite the attitude you've got there. I'm not sure I approve.
And I did contribute, no one responded
CHILL
Agreement with Ztarfish here. This isn't a job. we don't have to be serious all the time.
As I said at the end of my post, I wasn't in a good frame of mind posting that and I now regret snapping at the three posters. I'd like to apologize again. Sorry.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
As I said at the end of my post, I wasn't in a good frame of mind posting that and I now regret snapping at the three posters. I'd like to apologize again. Sorry.
Appology accepted... to help you avoid this in the future though... if you have to end your post with a disclaimer... maybe you shouldn't post it.

on an entirely different note... anyone want to provide assistance on this n00b?
-No, if you're hit while aiming the fire, it will keep moving off in a direction and not explode.
he's in Ivan Eva's matchup thread... a ROB main said that Zelda outcamped ROB and he asked why... I have reasons it could be true and... well... he posted this

popsofctown

Smash Champion
obviously that's wrong.

I think it's okay to post stuff that needs disclaimers. Usually it's what you would have said, just a little harsher.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Obviously our Mr. Escalator hasn't ever played a Zelda. Or played Zelda himself. Or even knew Zelda was on the Roster. I'm surprised he even knew what Din's Fire is.

Depends on the disclaimer. If your disclaimer is 'I'm drunk' probably not the best time to be posting :p Anyway thanks for ending what could've been an unpleasant disagreement. Shows your maturity level in contrast to mine xP

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
I agree on the risk factor, but the reward is worth it. Try to catch him on the 3rd and final blast because if you try to go around the back, you may get caught by the back hitboxes, or he may be finishing his smash and can avoid it.
The hitboxes on the back are quite small to the ones in front. You literally have to be standing right behind him to get hit by it. The hitbox for her bair should be outside the hitbox for the very back of his d-smash. I don't think it will hit you in the air and behind, but I've never tested. And I personally have always had an easier time doing turnaround kicks then shorthopping from the front. Even if the opponent is shielding, they tend to let go when I'm on the other side thinking they can get me and I just fastfall and nail them.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
The change in Succesor of Raphael's view on the matchup is great and awe inspiring. Ness=Zelda.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yep, it took a lot of matches and some critical thinking for me to come to this conclusion.

Top Bottom