• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness 1.1.1 Patch Notes?

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Sorry i won't be home for a while. Did ness get any changes?

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
Customs:

Side Special 3
  • Damage on hit increased 1% 2%
  • Damage on trigger increased 8% 9%, hits sooner, smaller size and closer

Last edited:

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Will test just at night, but sems no changes (just the custom side 3). Ness always got small changes, always.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
So they changed PK Fire Burst but they didn't fix Ness' other garbage moves like PK Freeze and PK Bonfire.

What does this changes?
Customs sucks. Nobody uses that, Ness still the same, as always xP. I'm a Luigi main, so, Ness is a good char and don't get nerfed, so this patch was good for him lol

_clinton

Smash Master
Rising Pk flash, psi vacuum, and Pk freeze I'm pretty sure got some buffs.

Rising for one is killing at 70% or so on people just doing a single jump in height when it hits. So not even at full power and it is powerful

Tested it in the 3ds tomadichi life. Full charged rising killed Mario at 45% in training. Normal Pk flash is at 40% or so from full charge. There use to be like a 20% difference in % kill ranges

Customs sucks. Nobody uses that, Ness still the same, as always xP. I'm a Luigi main, so, Ness is a good char and don't get nerfed, so this patch was good for him lol
no one uses customs because nintendo dropped the ball on getting them, setting em up, and selecting them for use in the character screen, if nintendo didn't suck and made them in the same way mk10 for example did in fighting styles I bet people would use em

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Rising Pk flash, psi vacuum, and Pk freeze I'm pretty sure got some buffs.

Rising for one is killing at 70% or so on people just doing a single jump in height when it hits. So not even at full power and it is powerful

Tested it in the 3ds tomadichi life. Full charged rising killed Mario at 45% in training. Normal Pk flash is at 40% or so from full charge. There use to be like a 20% difference in % kill ranges

no one uses customs because nintendo dropped the ball on getting them, setting em up, and selecting them for use in the character screen, if nintendo didn't suck and made them in the same way mk10 for example did in fighting styles I bet people would use em
They buffed PK Freeze? How?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Alright, I must be crazy, but I feel like standard PK Flash comes out a bit quicker now...

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Just thought about something... Does anyone know how much Shield Stun each variation of PKF has ? It could possibly give neat Shield Breaks :ohwell:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
That's true XD
Maybe PKT got some useful strategies with the new Shield mechanics through...
(I really should stop being optimistic)

SirShadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirShadows
I read somewhere Ness got a (micro buff) having Mario die to "Up Throw" at 192% instead of 195%. Didn't bother to test it though as it seems useless.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
PKF doesn't activate on shield.
Though it doesn't activate on shield, it is a frequent occurrence that an opponent will powershield and hold, when ignited.
This would encourage other methods of escape, like jumping or powershield to immediate roll.

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
I feel like PK Platform Pressure will be a lot more potent now thanks to the new shield stun. Because of this, I personally am going to avoid Final Destination.

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
I read somewhere Ness got a (micro buff) having Mario die to "Up Throw" at 192% instead of 195%. Didn't bother to test it though as it seems useless.
If that's true, it's not too big, but remember up throw can kill on the platforms in Town & City and Dreamland (maybe Battlefield/Miiverse and probably Duck Hunt as well, but I've never tried it) so it makes a potential kill move a little stronger. That's something :p

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
If that's true, it's not too big, but remember up throw can kill on the platforms in Town & City and Dreamland (maybe Battlefield/Miiverse and probably Duck Hunt as well, but I've never tried it) so it makes a potential kill move a little stronger. That's something :p
Yes he can. It has always been like this. Only that the chances that your opponent is at 120% and for some reason he approaches to you on the top platform of Dreamland/Duck Hunt are like ZeRo %.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
But the bad news is that Gravitational Pull went untouched and Sheik is still around. And both can pressure Ness even harder courtesy of the new shields.
Gravitional pull is the one move of Rosalina's that they should seriously nerf. Either make its range much less or put in some mechanic so you can't spam it all the time. Rosalina can literally spam GP all the way offstage like 3 times and gimp Ness like its nothing. I think there should be some sort of consequence of whiffing GP like not gimping Ness with it.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Gravitional pull is the one move of Rosalina's that they should seriously nerf. Either make its range much less or put in some mechanic so you can't spam it all the time. Rosalina can literally spam GP all the way offstage like 3 times and gimp Ness like its nothing. I think there should be some sort of consequence of whiffing GP like not gimping Ness with it.
Not a pro of Rosalina or Ness, but I find it easier to do Gravitational Gimp with PSI Magnet than Gravitational Pull. Like, PSI Magnet just absorbs it, period, no questions asked, but gravitational pull spins around the bolt if it's done late while Ness recovers, allowing Ness to do it again. But if Rosalina can react again, she might as well GP again or use Dair/footstool for disrespect. There are certain positions offstage in which Rosalina will not recover or reach Ness at the beginning of PKT if she attempts to gimp Ness, but only CPUs pull that kind of BS and as I said, my timing is not the best because I'm no pro. And Dabuz/whatever pro Rosalina are still going to gimp Ness players for days and show why GP has to be nerfed or have it's mechanics altered.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Nothing happened to Ness, which is great. I like where he is now to be honest. I think Nintendo should focus more on characters who really need help, like Samus, with her weird hitboxes, Duck Hunt with his awful smash attacks that don't land correctly, and whoever else is currently not so good.

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
Woah guys, I think down smash's hotbox size might've been increased. Maybe it's always been like this or maybe it's a glitch or something i don't know. Take a look
The video is a bit short and fast and at a weird angle so sorry :/
If you're on a computer though, you could slow down the speed of the video in the options maybe that'll help.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Woah guys, I think down smash's hotbox size might've been increased. Maybe it's always been like this or maybe it's a glitch or something i don't know. Take a look
The video is a bit short and fast and at a weird angle so sorry :/
If you're on a computer though, you could slow down the speed of the video in the options maybe that'll help.
I think that happened because Samus's hurtbox is stupidly big. Look up "Samus patch notes" in Youtube for reference. Try it with someone who is not big or belongs to the Marth family.

Last edited:

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
Ok, i kinda doubted we'd get buffed lol
Thanks for clarifying
Actually wait scratch that. I think this is something else. I just tried recreating this with a human player and the same characters, but I wasn't able to pull it off. I freakin forgot to record the fight I'm so stupid >:Y Oh well, maybe it was just a one time thing :/

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Actually wait scratch that. I think this is something else. I just tried recreating this with a human player and the same characters, but I wasn't able to pull it off. I freakin forgot to record the fight I'm so stupid >:Y Oh well, maybe it was just a one time thing :/
Then again Down Smash has some weird hitboxes and inconsistencies.

Top Bottom