• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nerdapalooza Presents... Daytona Beach, FL - 9.27.08

TheSpork

Smash Rookie

Single Elimination, Best 2 out of 3. Finals will be best 3 out of 5. Depending on the turn out, the bands may be going on before the final round happens. Levels will be listed at venue. $5 gets you into the tourney and the concert. Recommended to bring your own controller. Prizes will be dependent on turnout.

--The Spork

chino0814

Smash Cadet
u shud put up da pot size. people will be looking foward to know it cuz many pplz like me travel far n will only go if there is a big pot.

TheSpork

Smash Rookie
u shud put up da pot size. people will be looking foward to know it cuz many pplz like me travel far n will only go if there is a big pot.
It's hard for me to give a specific amount right now. This is our first attempt at this particular venue. Half of the money collected at the door will go back to paying out prizes, the other half goes to the bands. We're expecting 20 - 30 locals to turn out, not all of them there for the tourney, most for the bands. If we get expected turnout, I'd say $75 pot split up amongst the top 2, with third and fourth getting their entry back, but I can't guarantee any amount until we see what attendance is.

I have hosted tourneys before, but at a different venue. The owner of the venue is looking forward to this, and I would like to make this a once a month deal for both the tourney and the bands. I will run off the rules from this site, and will finish going through the level list and get it posted tomorrow.

TheSpork

Smash Rookie
Here's the list of stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd