• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NERD RAGE (Project M) - August 17th, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Should we move the date?

• Yes, push it back to September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it where it is.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

toastbread

Smash Rookie
hey Louisville people, I'd love to play you guys again in Melee this weekend. This venue is like 20 mins away from my home so if you guys attend this weekend I'll be sure to come and bring my Melee A-game.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Well be there sunday hopefully someone can organize a regular melee tournament sunday might come down sat night depending on what time the venue closes

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
....so is anyone opposed to me coming and running a side melee event Sunday?....of late Saturday, whichever people would prefer

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if there's room and you're bringing the setups, i don't really have an issue with it. if you're going to take away from pm's setups to run it... that's not really kosher in my book.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
If there was something I was able to do here on Sunday, I could go on that day. If there was a P:M side event on that day I'd definitely do that. Besides, I haven't been to AL in a while.

But I'd still need a carpool that doesn't mind going back and forth from Cincinatti Saturday night to Sunday morning, so I doubt that, too.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
anyone else from cleveland/akron interested in going? looks like we probably have space in my car

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
if there's room and you're bringing the setups, i don't really have an issue with it. if you're going to take away from pm's setups to run it... that's not really kosher in my book.
Iv been asking this whole time. TO would this be ok? Definatly dont want to take away from PM. Would be responsible for two full setups and would run it as smooth as possible

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am bringing a set-up as well.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Man someone respond to him cause I'm down for a melee side event too ^^

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I'm almost there! I have a long layover in Charlotte Airport, but there should be plenty of available seats on my next and final flight. As good as time as any to finish up that Lucas hitbox thread...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So I still need a teammate. I heard something about Dope going and that'd be ****ing amazing if that could happen. I'd like to team with someone good. I can play most of the PM characters (the good ones anyway) with some talent, but primarily will stick to Fox/Sheik/Bowser for doubles. I've won the only doubles event in the area and know of no one in Ohio/KY that is better at me in Project M.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
To answer a couple questions from the last two pages:

YES we will have internet available so if someone wants to stream, that would be great. It is a dedicated internet so it will not be throttled by other users.

We will extend our hours to midnight on Sunday if necessary. Earlier if things finish up. Our normal closing time is 10pm.

There is space for a LOT of setups so if Steve is OK with it, I don't see why a Melee side tournament would interfere as long as everyone is on top of their PM matches and extra setups are brought. He is the TO though so his word is law.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
YES we will have internet available so if someone wants to stream, that would be great. It is a dedicated internet so it will not be throttled by other users.
Wait there's not an official stream for this? I'm really excited to watch this...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
doctor x's overswarm's house is fun but it's a terrible place if you're hoping to sleep

metroid1117

Smash Master
Best of luck to everyone participating in this! Please let there be no heartbreaking or set-ending SDs =/.

EDIT: Wow, this is my 3,000th post.

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
There will only be one computer to play Super Smash Flash 2 on. I spent all night doing a fresh reformat and installation of all the drivers on an old pent4 computer I had in the closet, but the AGP graphics card is being really stubborn. At least I will have 4 controllers ready for the computer we ARE bringing, though.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
We'll be there first thing Sunday morning. Saturday people feel free to stick around tomorrow and play some Melee with us! Good luck to everyone in PM today!!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fun day. Tournament not over yet, probably splitting some of the bracket to tomorrow. I likely won't attend tomorrow, but had fun seeing people again. Part of me wishes I had put forth the effort to learning a unique character and matchups and the like, but then I remember how much time that would take and how much more fun it is to just throw out f-smashes with bowser and hope for the best.

Best set I saw of the day was DSF vs. Hylian, but I didn't watch too many.

JTsm

Smash Master
Those bracket matches needed to be streamed ;c Oh well I guess I can wait... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom