• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needs More Ridley (Recruiting team)

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
As I'm sure nobody has known, I've been slowly working on Ridley as a Playable Character. However, I'm tired of slow progress, so now I'm looking for others to join up and work with me to get Ridley done.

Project Ridley

Major note: I want to complete Ridley over Green Alloy before porting him over another character. No if, ands or buts. May sound dumb, but that's how I want it since I don't like replacing characters just so I can play as a different one.

Team Members:
Leader: Angelglory
PSA Hackers: Angelglory + Open spots
Animators: Angelglory + Open spots
Other Jobs: Open spots

Version 0.1, Alpha release of Ridley
Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/BBe0drnn/Ridley__4-18-10_.html
(Includes: .pac, .pcs. moveset .pac, and motion .pac)

Features So Far:
- Basic movements are either done or halfway done.
- Includes a working Entry animation
- Includes working Win/Lose animations
- A few attack animations, but hitboxes don't match up yet.

Known Issues:
- Hurtbox is only around his chest

To make Ridley unique even as an Alloy, I've devised a few ideas.
Ridley's Special Features:
- Since he won't be able to grab ledges, he needs some way to safely get back to the stage, right? Ridley's Up Air with push him upwards and have super armor to keep him relatively safe during his ascent.
- And since he has no B moves, he'll have something called a Special Action via the Z button.
-- Special Action: Fury Howl: Ridley will reel back and let out a ferocious howl and push enemies away from him. He'll also have temporary super armor, but since the attack last a bit it's not advised to spam this unless you want to be a sitting duck. If you use Fury Howl in the air, Ridley will ascend a bit to help with his recovery.

[collapse=Moveset So Far]
Neutral Attack: Claw swipe x2, Tail-barrage
Dash Attack: ?

Forward Tilt: ?
Up Tilt: Stabs wings upward
Down Tilt: ?

Forward Smash: Lunges forward and bites
Up Smash: Bites upward
Down Smash: Swipes his tail around himself, hits a bunch of times before throwing the enemy behind him

Neutral Air: Spins around once
Forward Air: Claws forward with his feet
Back Air: Stabs his tail back then swings it down, first hit leads to second hit, 2nd hit is a meteor smash. Attack turns him around
Up Air: Spins and launches himself upwards
Down Air: Dives straight down

Ledge Attack <100%: ?
Ledge Attack >100%: ?

Grab: ?
Grab Attack: ?
Forward Throw: ?
Back Throw: ?
Up Throw: ?
Down Throw: ?[/collapse]

[collapse=Snapshots]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Character Art]CS Icon + In-Battle Icon

CSP

Render
[/collapse]
[collapse=Videos]Version 0.05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60[/collapse]

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
If you'd like, you could merge this with Project Prime and easily find more team members. Plus, PP'd probably do other Ridley variants...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Oh man, this is great!

I love hacked characters that are this unique with the limitations, like Waluigi.

I can see you're already done with the miscellanious graphics, and that's all I'm good at, but if you want I could try to make a stage for him. I just now started playing Metroid Prime 1, and I haven't even started 2 or 3, so if you have any ideas, tell me.

Yes, it will be 3D. :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As far as i can give feedback by looking at the video i could see following being improved:

-Tweek up the standing animation
-Make him only jump 4 times max
-Scale him down, his a little big, he should be at the size of Bowser
-Give him a different normal walk animation

Notheless, this isn't a negative post. Good work at what you have done! Looks promising.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
If only I knew how to do this, I would help so hard with making Ridley playable. I can cheerlead and give suggestions, though :)

First off, I know you want to put him over an Alloy, but I'd rather you replaced a character until they find a way to give Alloys B attacks, otherwise Ridley is just a shadow of his former self.
Adjust his jumping heights and gravity, the jumps seem a little to large (might be his size making it seem that way, though) and he falls really slowly.
LikeWariofan said, scale him down a bit so he's around Bowser's size (for the body at least).
For his normal walk, have him walk like he does in Metroid Prime: Corruption when he confronts Samus in the Leviathan Seed. His slow walk and dash can have him moving on all fours, with him creeping along in slow walk and running similar to Donkey Kong in dash.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... a chance to help AG. Well I am a little busy currently with a stack of characters to make for Machinima, helping you out is certainly in my own best interests. Consider it done then. I am a fairly good animator in Brawlbox, and I know a bit of PSA, so if you need help, call on me when you wish.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'd love to help, but I don't think I can, cause I don't know much about PSA, but I love the idea and would love to see a playable Ridley...best of luck! (if I learn enough about PSA to help, I'll let you know) I'm a huge Metroid fan, and would love to have Ridley and Dark Samus as playable characters...but I'm gonna do DS eventually

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Hm. Maybe it might help if someone finally figured out how to make alloys fully-playable with things like ledge-grabbing and specials?

... Granted, I don't know jack about this situation, so my suggestion may already be null and void. :D

Top Bottom