• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needle Problem?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
As much as I love needles, and I definitely do, they have recently begun costing me stocks. Partly this is my fault, because I don't catch on quick enough to cancel the charge.

The Situation: Standing on the very edge of Battlefield, I begin to charge needles and all of a sudden I begin to start falling of the stage in my charging animation.

The Question: Although I should work on canceling the charge of my needles should the situation arises again, Does the beginning animation of the needle charge cause Sheik to fall of the stage in a charging animation, and if so, does this happen on all stages where the situation is possible? :scared::veryconfu

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I honestly thought this at first, but I have no momentum heading toward the ledge nor am I influencing off the edge at any point. It's actually just a simple situation where I push the button standing still and begin to fall. :confused:

The worst part is I understand the needle glide very well, so I am further put into confusion. Maybe momentum or influence isn't needed to begin the glide? I don't have a Wii to test this but this silly stumble could actually be nifty if it works this way lol.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If you roll backwards to the edge of a stage and immediately start stacking needles Sheik will fall of the side as she continue stacking.

It's a annoying little glitch the developer team over looked and is something to look out for when using sheik.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Once you know about this problem though, it shouldn't remain as one. Every time I roll to the edge to charge needles I take a tiny step forward. Its automatic for me now. If I do fall off, I don't freak out. Just shield and jump back up.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i actually use this to edge guard sometimes haha. They think I'm too late to grab the edge cause I'm rolling haha. Just roll then charge needle then cancel it asap by buffering. I dont have the full timing now but it throws people off.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Sometimes when you begin charging the needles right on the edge, Sheik slides off the side for no apparent reason. Even when done in the air, so this is not the needle glide.

I have no idea why. I believe it has something to do with the position of the other player(s).

Just press R and then Vanish. It shouldn't be a problem.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Okie dokie, all I gotta do now is make sure that I catch on to the part when I'm falling and it'll be fine.

Definitely like your idea in using this Charoo, and perhaps if I actually start using this and the actual needle glide a little more; the whole idea of dying while charging needles will be gone.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@SinkingHigher....do you think that this little tidbit of info should be placed in the guide with the needles, so when a new Sheik player starts up and checks the guide, they'll have a warning that this could easily happen?

Definitely do not want other people to make this silly mistake that costs them stock. It is quite annoying when it catches you off-guard, even though it is so easily avoided.

lolexo21

Smash Rookie
This happens a lot to me. Mostly my fault because I don't notice fast enough. I'll get over it though.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i actually use this to edge guard sometimes haha. They think I'm too late to grab the edge cause I'm rolling haha. Just roll then charge needle then cancel it asap by buffering. I dont have the full timing now but it throws people off.
i got that idea yesterday lol

Top Bottom